Hell Yeah!!59%59% - 196
Not as much as other rifles31%31% - 102
That rifle sucks9%9% - 30
Total: 328
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

AK > M16 > All
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6297|Australia
The 101 on auto is more accurate then that thing on bursts.

But it's still good none-the-less. More useful then the G3 when I need the larger mag and the nade launcher. I probably won't use it as much when I get my F2000.
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6449
I like the M203. The accuracy of the M16 with a grenade launcher. Much better than the F2000.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
For picking off enemies at longer ranges, I prefer the G3 (power) or the F2000 (sight picture), but the M16 is very accurate.  Medium range is where the M16 excels - burst is still accurate and single shot is deadly, but I can still take people out more quickly with the G3, even on single shot because of it’s power.
falafel
+5|6300

11sog_raider wrote:

its great if you know how to use it, but id prefer the G3.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6679|Charlie One Alpha
I like the gun but I dislike the sights on it.

Also, everyone who says 'unlock noobs' again and I'll smash your stupid face off. You need to earn unlocks by playing, therefore if you have lots of unlocks you are no longer a noob. (You people DO know that the term noob is derived from newbie, meaning someone who is new to the game?) Stop being retarded. A tank or helicopter offers a much bigger advantage than any unlock, so if you HAVE to cry about something, cry about that.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
I've never really used it. By the time i got round to playing assault i just used the G3 instead, which is a beast of a weapon.

And whats with a lot of you calling people 'Unlock noobs'. Do you feel superiour or something because you force yourself not to use the alternate weapons? You do realise of course that to get all the weapons you have to be a Sergeant Major, and to be honest i wouldn't call anyone at that rank a noob, because that would just be stupid.

Or are you just too lazy to bother learning how to use a new weapon? Aside from the G36E they're not so much upgrades as alternatives. Thats why i think calling people unlock noobs loses them respect in my book. I'm not saying you should use them, as i use a lot of stock weapons over unlocks, but calling other people names because they use unlocks is one of the stupidest things i hear on these forums.

But as for the M16, i think i'll use it next time i play.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2007-03-01 11:22:04)

LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6679|Charlie One Alpha

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I've never really used it. By the time i got round to playing assault i just used the G3 instead, which is a beast of a weapon.

And whats with a lot of you calling people 'Unlock noobs'. Do you feel superiour or something because you force yourself not to use the alternate weapons? You do realise of course that to get all the weapons you have to be a Seargeant Major, and to be honest i wouldn't call anyone at that rank a noob, because that would just be stupid.

Or are you just too lazy to bother learning how to use a new weapon? Aside from the G36E they're not so much upgrades as alternatives. Thats why i think calling people unlock noobs loses them respect in my book. I'm not saying you should use them, as i use a lot of stock weapons over unlocks, but calling other people names because they use unlocks is one of the stupidest things i hear on these forums.

But as for the M16, i think i'll use it next time i play.
Exactly what I've been saying, +1 for you my friend.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6622|pimelteror.de
the m16 is just another trend at the moment. some guys say, it´s l33t and cool, because they seem to be "pros".
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Thanks for the karma guys. Like to express myself around arrogant people .
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6466|UK , Birmingham
KEIOS leave... unlocks are for aimless nubs...g36e users dont have to think when usin that piece of shit.

might as well have auto aim
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Like that guy.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6648|Middle of nowhere
Tis a great gun

I always use it as Medic, but i prefer the F2000 when i'm assault
Revelation_Space
+3|6239

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Like that guy.
Hahaha, that made me laugh.

Yeah, 'unlock noobs' makes me laugh every time someone says it.

I like the M16's semi-auto mode a lot, really seriously accurate, but I don't like the burst so much, the recoil makes it pretty ineffective unless you're really close - and then the 101 becomes better because it's automatic.

Tell me, am I a noob for choosing to use the L96A1 over the M24? Am I a noob for using the DOA-12 over the MP5?

Last edited by Revelation_Space (2007-03-01 11:55:09)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

Revelation_Space wrote:

Tell me, am I a noob for choosing to use the L96A1 over the M24? Am I a noob for using the DOA-12 over the MP5?
Apparently, because you 'might as well have auto aim'.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

It sucks.

G3, F2000, or AK-101.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6619
Love it
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6699|Louisiana

iMPaCT.uK wrote:

the amount of unlock noobs in here makes me sick

/vomit
Sigh... here we go again...

I like the M16 because it's the most accurate assault rifle. However, I think the L85A1 and F2000 are better at getting headshots, because IMO their sights are better for precision aiming, and it only takes one headshot to bring down an enemy, whereas with the M16 I'm pretty sure it's two.

Last edited by xintegrityx (2007-03-01 12:02:58)

Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead

henno13 wrote:

fuk YEAH!

i once got like 50 kills and 1 death with assault M16

"OMFG henno u fucking hacker"
"KICK HENNO HE HACKS!!!"

/\/\/\/\
thats the stuff which helps me sleep at night
Well i once got 50 kills wit one shot with the m16.

I can't believe people thought I was hacking.

and i can't believe its not butter
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6624|Westminster, Colorado
I cannot understand how there are so many people saying they love this rifle and yet all I see in game is G36E's.  For that matter I see 9/10 MEC soldiers sporting the G36E/G3 instead of the AK.  Sad times we live in.
Revelation_Space
+3|6239
Well the question was whether we like the M16 a lot.

I like it better than the L85A1, F2000, and the G3, but the G36E is better for most situations, so I use it.

Doesn't mean I don't like the M16, it's certainly far better in semi-auto than the G36 is.
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6466|UK , Birmingham
g36e has no recoil?...
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6443|Kakanien
Search!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MetalChont
+18|6518|Sydney, Australia
^ fuck up.

The 2 AKs and the M16 are beasts if you aren't a downy.  l2switch between single and burst and don't use the sights.  EVER. < srsly.
David.P
Banned
+649|6243
Each assault rifle is good for their intended range and use. M16 mid range, AK101 close quarters, AK47 stopping power, G3 long range ownage, and the F2000 is the worst out of all of them but it's rate of fire allows it stand toe to toe with the ak47.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard