Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6486
Was the worst idea ever, I mean what made titan fun and unique was that you could move the titans and use them as a powerful resource. But now that titan movement is disabled you cannot use the titans to pod onto silos, surpress the enemy with the cannons and it makes attacking harder as you need to move across the map to reach the titan, and defence is so boring now because no one bothers to move that distance to attack the titans. It really sucks now. Now titan is the same as conquest but with a big ship that doesn't do anything shoved into the corner of the map. I really think DICE needs to make the titans moveable again because now titan is just lame.
MrEzeuss
+26|6408|Nethterlands (ZH)
What are you on about?
I have 1.2 installed and Titans still move.
There is however a serverside option to make Titans unable to move (although i thought that option was ment to override the fact that Titans stop moving after the shields are down).
So whatever effect you encountered it was either 1) the server that did it or 2) the commander didn't move the Titan.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6486

MrEzeuss wrote:

What are you on about?
There is however a serverside option to make Titans unable to move (although i thought that option was ment to override the fact that Titans stop moving after the shields are down).
So whatever effect you encountered it was either 1) the server that did it or 2) the commander didn't move the Titan.
Odd because I have never seen the titans move since I installed patch 1.2. If it is a server side desicion then why does evry server have it disabled when it makes titan so boring? And the really ironic thing in all of this is that I never lag on titan.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6673|UK
as the guy above says, its an option for admins to use, we have a titan Friday on our server and have chose to have the titans stationary, we do this as it stops lag for those who have not got up to spec PCs, but it would be a good idea to have the option in advance search for looking for game types..
DaBombadier
+8|6425|Sooooo coooold....Canada....
I always thought that moving the Titan made players lag like hell, isn't this a good thing they they can stop it?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6463|The Land of Scott Walker
All the maps I've been on lately have been moving the Titans.  No lag, either.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6657|Montreal, Qc, Canada
fuck 2142 !!!!! i just played again after playing it the frist day it camed out (because i was stupid enaugh to pre-order it).... and its shit !
DaBombadier
+8|6425|Sooooo coooold....Canada....

Andoura wrote:

fuck 2142 !!!!! i just played again after playing it the frist day it camed out (because i was stupid enaugh to pre-order it).... and its shit !
If you hate it so much then why are you even in its section of the forums?
MrEzeuss
+26|6408|Nethterlands (ZH)

DaBombadier wrote:

Andoura wrote:

If you hate it so much then why are you even in its section of the forums?
He secretly loves 2142, but got owned by some noob that had a Voss unlocked or spammed grenades in the corridors. Now he's rederecting the frustration from this unanswered love to the people who do seem to have fun with his secret love.

Now, now, those Titans can be a bit big and scary aren't they, aren't they? yeeeeees, come cry on my shoulder, that's a boy.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6304|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

MrEzeuss wrote:

What are you on about?
Odd because I have never seen the titans move since I installed patch 1.2. If it is a server side desicion then why does evry server have it disabled when it makes titan so boring? And the really ironic thing in all of this is that I never lag on titan.
I have'nt seen a titan move in 2.20 either,, but i think it's because of the servers beeing crappy and therefore checking the option

i'd rather have a little lag and moveable titans instead of fluid, >boring< gameplay with a stationeary titan though...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6750|Germany, near Koblenz
Use to play on official EA DE servers and there they fix the Titans only on 64 players maps.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6713|UK
no it was a good idea
DJStoney69
+4|6553|New Jersey
I think they should have predefined paths for the titan so you cant get them too close to cause major lag
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6511|N. Ireland
Then you couldn't pod over.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6586|Mountains of NC

ShawN_
Today 07:15:31
I have'nt seen a titan move in 2.20 either,, but i think it's because of the servers beeing crappy and therefore checking the option 

i'd rather have a little lag and moveable titans instead of fluid, >boring< gameplay with a stationeary titan though...

Wow you have the 2.20 patch allready, thats pretty good
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6687
Ahhh, so that's why when I was commanding a few days/a little while ago the Titan refused to move no matter where I clicked. I was somewhat annoyed, since it didn't tell me it wasn't moveable, just that that location was bad. It'd be nice to know in-game at least, so you don't waste valuable time clicking to move.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6520|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Was the worst idea ever, I mean what made titan fun and unique was that you could move the titans and use them as a powerful resource. But now that titan movement is disabled you cannot use the titans to pod onto silos, surpress the enemy with the cannons and it makes attacking harder as you need to move across the map to reach the titan, and defence is so boring now because no one bothers to move that distance to attack the titans. It really sucks now. Now titan is the same as conquest but with a big ship that doesn't do anything shoved into the corner of the map. I really think DICE needs to make the titans moveable again because now titan is just lame.

1st. Servers can decide if they want the titans to move
2nd. Because of lag condititons
3rd. The commander didn't even move the titan, just to sae with it....

those are the 3 reasons.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6304|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

SEREMAKER wrote:

ShawN_
Today 07:15:31

Wow you have the 2.20 patch allready, thats pretty good
uhm,,, i think i meant 1.20 ^_^
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard