SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6442|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Ok, right answer for the riddle, but haven't disproved my statement.

You have a six-sided die. 3 faces have "YES" inscribed and the other 3 have "NO".
When you roll the die, making it come to a complete stop on one of its faces, there is only one question you can ask for which the answer will always be true.
(This is also a riddle. Figure it out. The bold section is my statement.)
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6495|cuntshitlake

SplinterStrike wrote:

You have a six-sided die. 3 faces have "YES" inscribed and the other 3 have "NO".
When you roll the die, making it come to a complete stop on one of its faces, there is only one question you can ask for which the answer will always be true.
you can also ask: "Is matter energy"
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6500

DeathUnlimited wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

you can also ask: "Is matter energy"
Or you can ask something like...

"Do I have cheese in my ear?"

Last edited by NooBesT[FiN] (2007-02-27 08:21:32)

https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Simon
basically
+838|6689|UK
I win the internets, again.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6560|Global Command
Imagine if two magnets were seperated by a 1" piece of wood with poles opposite, and a perfectly balanced hole was drilled through them with a pin, or axel ran through it.
Stood on end and spun the force of the magnets trying to repell each other would increase spin and create a sort of almost perpetual motion.

True or false?
Sylvanis
+13|6667|Toronto, Ontario

Apoc-SAS wrote:

Djbrown wrote:

Space is infinite
has that even been proved right? if not, by default its as much wrong.
Actually, scientific process states that unless you can prove it wrong it is assumed to be correct.  As many things in this universe can never be proven correct we rely on not being able to prove them false.

Last edited by Sylvanis (2007-02-27 13:18:59)

R0lyP0ly
+161|6685|USA
this is suprisingly amusing. DeathUnlimited, i think i'll help you out from now on.
topal63
. . .
+533|6749

SplinterStrike wrote:

Is this side "YES"?

Is this the only question that is always TRUE? NO!

Is this side NOT "NO"?

Sylvanis wrote:

Apoc-SAS wrote:

Djbrown wrote:

Space is infinite
Actually, scientific process states that unless you can prove it wrong it is assumed to be correct.  As many things in this universe can never be proven correct we rely on not being able to prove them false.
Are you serious???? No? Right?

It is assumed true until proven false? How did you arrive at this idea? Anyways NOT TRUE you're wrong... /next!

You're confused about an idea (this-->): Scientific paradigms are considered reasonable & valid until they are overturned or falsified and replaced by either a new paradigm or the current one is refined.  This is nothing like your statement.

Part of the infinite list of things you don't have to prove false:
1. God (or Gods) in any incarnation (Odin, Zeus, Osiris, Ahura-Mazda, etc, etc, etc).
2. Unicorns (pretty horses that have a pretty spiral horn).
3. Fire Breathing Dragons.
4. That there is a very tiny "teacup" by itself in space orbiting every Star in existence.
5. Ghosts.
6. Deja Vu.
7. Telepathy.
8. Bigfoot.
9. A micro-tuner Intelligent Agent, as tuner of the physical constants & DNA in I.D. Theory.
10. Revelations of transcendence to only specific individuals in the distant past.
11. There is no reality outside the knowable-Universe.
12. There is a reality outside the knowable-Universe.
13. A guy on the street corner claiming he is GOD.
14. Etc...

Anyone can make a claim, it is not assumed true until proven false, the burden of proof is upon the one making the claim.

A paradigm or theory can be demonstrated to be false; but they are never proven to be complete or absolutely true. They are reasonable and they are based upon empirical evidence, procedure and experiments. It is the opposite of your statement, until it has been demonstrated by empirical evidence that the paradigm or theory is VALID; it is FALSE; and ONLY future evidence (more in-depth evidence), can overturn a theory or modify it.

R0lyP0ly wrote:

this is suprisingly amusing. DeathUnlimited, i think i'll help you out from now on.
[silly:ON]
No it is not amusing it is DEATHLY SERIOUS BUSINESS (inspect the NAME --->: DeathUnlimited); should you desire to mingle in God & the Prophet of God's work - you will be DAMNED - and die an Unlimited # of painful deaths - for an eternity. Proceed at your own risk... :) 
[silly:never-really:OFF]

Last edited by topal63 (2007-02-28 12:21:26)

Protecus
Prophet of Certain Certainties
+28|6553

Sylvanis wrote:

Apoc-SAS wrote:

Djbrown wrote:

Space is infinite
Actually, in response to your actually, its the other way around. You start with the hypothesis. If you prove that right and can duplicate it, it becomes a theory (aka: Theory of Relativity). If all attempts on this planet have failed to disrupt the theory for the last couple centuries, it comes a law (Law of Gravity, Newton's Laws, Hooks Law, Jude Law). Otherwise, it is null by default.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6794

Protecus wrote:

Sylvanis wrote:

Apoc-SAS wrote:

Actually, in response to your actually, its the other way around. You start with the hypothesis. If you prove that right and can duplicate it, it becomes a theory (aka: Theory of Relativity). If all attempts on this planet have failed to disrupt the theory for the last couple centuries, it comes a law (Law of Gravity, Newton's Laws, Hooks Law, Jude Law). Otherwise, it is null by default.
You can't prove gravity, or anything for that matter.

edit: fixed tags

Last edited by Coolbeano (2007-02-28 02:26:31)

jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6686|Cambridge, England

Simon wrote:

I won the internets once, i was given a download link and everything, but it took too long and i ran out of floppy disks to store it on. So now i have some internets but not all of it.

Proof

https://xs412.xs.to/xs412/07093/theinternets.jpg

Last edited by jimmanycricket (2007-02-28 11:38:53)

I2elik
+12|6784|Perth, Western Australia
I claim the sky is green, that pigs fly and we're all vessels for alien spirits called thetans.

Prove me wrong.
m4s3rchi3f
+122|6326
I claim that this thread is real and that people have posted and that Deathunlimited is thread maker.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6676
prove that Barney is not molesting strippers
DUnlimited
+1,160|6495|cuntshitlake

ATG wrote:

Imagine if two magnets were seperated by a 1" piece of wood with poles opposite, and a perfectly balanced hole was drilled through them with a pin, or axel ran through it.
Stood on end and spun the force of the magnets trying to repell each other would increase spin and create a sort of almost perpetual motion.

True or false?
False. Perpetual motion machine s not possible.

R0lyP0ly wrote:

Go ahead.

Coolbeano wrote:

You can't prove gravity, or anything for that matter.
I suggest you read something that is written by Albert Einstein

jimmanycricket wrote:

Simon wrote:

I won the internets once, i was given a download link and everything, but it took too long and i ran out of floppy disks to store it on. So now i have some internets but not all of it.

Proof

http://xs412.xs.to/xs412/07093/theinternets.jpg
Amusing, but falls into one fact: THere is no super computer that could create that big .rar archive.

I2elik wrote:

I claim the sky is green, that pigs fly and we're all vessels for alien spirits called thetans.

Prove me wrong.
Mental?

m4s3rchi3f wrote:

I claim that this thread is real and that people have posted and that Deathunlimited is thread maker.
This thread is not real, it is only what your cpu generates out of the binary info given to it.
peple haven't posted, they have made their computers send binary info from server to another
The creator of this thread is the person behind the nick "DeathUnlimited"

blademaster wrote:

prove that Barney is not molesting strippers
By talking about "barney" you mean every barney in the world.
This barney doesn't molest strippers:
http://www.nalle.fi/images/teddy/barney2.jpg
DUnlimited
+1,160|6495|cuntshitlake

BF2142 Isn't working so I'll be anwering here for a while
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6722|Devon, England
You have clicked the "Submit" button, located below the "Quick post" box, with your mouse cursor at least once since your first day at BF2s.

No lying now.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6495|cuntshitlake

FFLink13 wrote:

You have clicked the "Submit" button, located below the "Quick post" box, with your mouse cursor at least once since your first day at BF2s.

No lying now.
I haven't clicked the submit button. I have clicked my mouse butten when it has been on the "submit" button, but I haven't clicked my monitor on the "submit" button
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6722|Devon, England

DeathUnlimited wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

No lying now.
... I have clicked my mouse butten when it has been on the "submit" button...
Which thereby makes you click whatever is shown on the screen, thus making you click the submit button.
topal63
. . .
+533|6749

DeathUnlimited wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

No lying now.
I haven't clicked the submit button. I have clicked my mouse butten when it has been on the "submit" button, but I haven't clicked my monitor on the "submit" button
No I hit the TAB button... then pressed the [ENTER] key.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6597|England

Mathmatically, prove this basic calculus thereom wrong:

If f(y) = tanx

Then f'(y) = sec2x

Remembering that  f(y) = y intercept and that f'(y) = gradient of a curve
R0lyP0ly
+161|6685|USA

Snake wrote:

Mathmatically, prove this basic calculus thereom wrong:

If f(y) = tanx

Then f'(y) = sec2x

Remembering that  f(y) = y intercept and that f'(y) = gradient of a curve
its wrong because i say its wrong, as well as the fact that i strictly adhere to my religion, which forbids the teaching of the blasphemy you call math. Things happen because God wants them to happen, not because a random assortment of letters does.
Tompie913
I like Chinese
+12|6414|Pittsburgh, PA
ウェブ上の各種コンテンツを配信するためのxml文書フォーマット及びコンテンツの編集を行なうための通信プロトコルなど幾つかの仕様群の総称である。
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6453|My room

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Just say something, I'll prove it wrong. Give it a try!
You are awesome!
R0lyP0ly
+161|6685|USA

T1g3r217 wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Just say something, I'll prove it wrong. Give it a try!
You are awesome!
he made a thread about his ultimate intelligence; how much more un-awesome could you be??

j/k death

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard