theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6759
is it just me?

I have always thought that people in Scotland are not the brightest, mainly Glasgow where I live. I am not saying that they are lacking intelligence, but what I am saying is that with most people intelligence does not come with common sense.

People in Glasgow seem to be either Stupid, or Intelligent but lacking common sense. I don't have any hard proof of this, but I am making my mind up by the people I see in the streets and on the bus.

For example. Today at lunch I popped out to the shops to get a packet of sandwiches from Marks and Spencer's. They have a side entrance which leads up to the sandwiches and other lunch type snacks so that you can quickly get in and out on your lunch break without having to slalom past the Old Grannies out for a wander. So I get my sandwiches, walk down the stairs and at the top of the stairs there is a woman who decides that she is just going to stop and get in the way of everyone so she can check her change. No though what so ever to move to the side and get out of every ones way. Then I get to the bottom and there is another woman who decides to stop right in the doorway to check what the weather is like! So twice now I have almost bumped into people because they did not think about what their actions might cause.

I thought that it might be a female thing, but I am not going to pin this on that reason as there are plenty of men who are just the same.

Another example is when you get onto the bus in the morning. Men and women do it. They rush to the front of the cue to beat everyone else onto the bus, but then walk slowly along inside the bus and take ages to decide what seat to take. I mean COME ON, it is not that hard!

I don't know whether it is a lack of common sense or people just don't give a S#*t about anyone else anymore. Maybe it is just a Glasgow thing and the rest of the world show a bit more sense. But anyway I just wanted to share this with you and see if anyone else has anything to comment on.
kkolodsick
+14|6675
I think if you read the title of this thread the answer would be obvious.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725
Ignorance is increasing.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6482|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
yea....
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6682|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Stupider - isn't that the planet where "fick" people come from?
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6501|Connecticut
Its you. There are stupid fucks everywhere, not just Scotland. Look at Hollywood.
Malloy must go
liquix
+51|6462|Peoples Republic of Portland
i dunno man, but you said "stupider"
chittydog
less busy
+586|6843|Kubra, Damn it!

What you're experiencing isn't stupidity, it's inconsideration. People just don't give a fuck about anything but themselves these days.
Kontrolfreq
+50|6613|Cambridge UK
Oh, the irony...
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6640|Finland

liquix wrote:

i dunno man, but you said "stupider"

wiktionary wrote:

Adjective

stupid (comparative stupider or more stupid, superlative stupidest or most stupid)
I know, "stupider" sounds a bit wrong to my ears also, but it might just be correct.
End of story, back on topic.
I need around tree fiddy.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6527|Montucky
stupider 

1. Adj. slang. A word So Commonly used in place of "more stupid" that it should be its own slang word. and with the creation of this definition, it is.

"The phrase 'more stupid' takes more time to write out and is much Stupider then just writing 'Stupider'."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stupider

Last edited by S3v3N (2007-02-28 14:44:41)

Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6447|King Of The Islands

American Heritage and Oxford dictionaries.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
gell1981
+8|6387
Stupider is the correct word however the wording may not be precise. Your thoughts are with us at this moment.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477
wow from a discussion about people being stupid to a discussion about whether or not stupider is the correct comparative form of stupid. Derail.

Anyway it does seem that people are starting to have less and less common sense. It saddens me so.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6536|Belgium

That post made me laugh, because it's true! People are so dumb these days.

It's like the other day, I was biking towards the uni when we hear an ambulance coming with loud, very loud alarm (noise). So everyone stops and does not cross the road, cars head over to the side to let the ambulance pass. Suddenly this stupid girl on a bike enters the cross point, totally ignoring the alarm of the ambulance. The ambulance had to stop. Suddenly the girl realized she was in front of the ambulance with alarm on (I still don't get how she couldn't hear it, probably loud music). So instead of getting out of the way asap, she pulls her brakes so she doesn't move anymore. Only problem, she is STILL in front of the ambulance. So then she had to start moving again before the ambulance could pass. The ambulance really lost more than a minute because of her, I hope no-one died because of her actions.

Dumb people!
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6663|Teesside, UK

theDude5B wrote:

is it just me?
nope its not you i see the same kind of thing every time i go to town.  Today some woman was busy looking in her bag while rushing around and almost bumped in to 3 people within the space of 10 seconds.

theDude5B wrote:

Another example is when you get onto the bus in the morning. Men and women do it. They rush to the front of the cue to beat everyone else onto the bus, but then walk slowly along inside the bus and take ages to decide what seat to take. I mean COME ON, it is not that hard!
I don't have to get buses anymore thankfully but when i did it used to annoy me when this guy aged 60+ would get on the bus and always wanted to sit near the back and then spends about 3 minutes being thrown around while hes clinging for dear life trying not to fall over as he made his way down the bus.  I always wanted to point to a seat near the front and shout at him to sit down there.

Last edited by crimson_grunt (2007-02-28 15:26:13)

BVC
+325|6704
I think its more a case of people being less considerate.

eg. At uni theres a bridge doing over a small river between the students association building, where two pubs and the main cafeteria are, and the rest of the uni.  You also have to cross it to get from the main part of uni to a major bus stop.  Most of the uni's 12,000 students walk over it at least once a day (not to mention the staff).  Its about 1.5 metres wide, yet people insist on standing in the middle of it (often in circles!) having conversations while others have to push past them.  Theres plenty of space to stand/sit on either side of the bridge, but these fuckheads insist on standing in the middle of it.  Fucks me right off!!!
Rosse_modest
+76|6784|Antwerp, Flanders

De_Jappe wrote:

The ambulance really lost more than a minute because of her, I hope no-one died because of her actions.

Dumb people!
I sincerely doubt the ambulance was detained that long unless:
a) The driver was too stupid to improvise and figure out a way around her, in which case he should be fired.
b) The ambulance crew themselves were listening to really loud mp3s with their headphones and didn't know their siren was on, in which case they should be fired.
c) They were too busy drooling at the girl, in which case they should be fired.

Odds are the patient's life was not in immediate danger, either. If it was they wouldn't just have dispatched an ambulance, but a MUG to boot. Or they would not have allowed themselves to come to a complete standstill because of single cyclist.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6759
WOW you people are "More Stupid" than I thought. Yes the word "Stupider" does exist as I checked before I posted this topic

Back on topic though.

@De_Jappe, this brings me to something that happened the other night. I was on the bus coming back from playing football and I could see a fire engine in the distance coming towards us. I could see that all the cars on the side on the other side of the road were all moving over so that it could get past, but this one van decided to carry on driving. The van then reached a junction with a large wide area which would be the ideal position for it to stop so that the fire engine could get past. Did the van stop here? NO it decided to drive an extra 10 meters to the end of the junction and stop opposite the bus I was on, so that now the fire engine had to slow down in order to squeeze through this gap.
Ratzinger
+43|6400|Wollongong, NSW, Australia
I guess "stupider" covers it, but it seems to me to be more about awareness. Sure, if they thought about it, they wouldn't stand in the middle of the bridge, but the conversation is just so intense, it stopped them from cogitating for like 3 mins. Then someone near knocks them over and they suddenly become aware that they should be BURIED UP TO THEIR NECKS IN A CROCODILE PEN!!!!!!!!!!
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6536|Belgium

Rosse_modest wrote:

De_Jappe wrote:

The ambulance really lost more than a minute because of her, I hope no-one died because of her actions.

Dumb people!
a) The driver was too stupid to improvise and figure out a way around her, in which case he should be fired.
b) The ambulance crew themselves were listening to really loud mp3s with their headphones and didn't know their siren was on, in which case they should be fired.

Odds are the patient's life was not in immediate danger, either. If it was they wouldn't just have dispatched an ambulance, but a MUG to boot. Or they would not have allowed themselves to come to a complete standstill because of single cyclist.
He couldn't get around her, he was standing between two rows of cars (who tried to get on the side as much as possible, which isn't easy on that busy point), while the girl on the bike (who was not worth drooling on btw) was crossing it, 2 meters in front of the cars, so the ambulance was stuck anyway.

And TheDude, silly dumb people
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6675

chittydog wrote:

What you're experiencing isn't stupidity, it's inconsideration. People just don't give a fuck about anything but themselves these days.
Rosse_modest
+76|6784|Antwerp, Flanders

De_Jappe wrote:

Rosse_modest wrote:

De_Jappe wrote:

Dumb people!

He couldn't get around her, he was standing between two rows of cars (who tried to get on the side as much as possible, which isn't easy on that busy point), while the girl on the bike (who was not worth drooling on btw) was crossing it, 2 meters in front of the cars, so the ambulance was stuck anyway.
Well then it must have been option b eh?

At what distance from her did the ambulance stop?
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6536|Belgium

2 metres (in the silly system, that should be 2 yards and a few inches?) But at that moment they were still between two non moving cars. So the only possible way they could move was backwards, but they didn't had to go that way, as that was where they came from (the hospital btw). After the stupid girl got out of the way, the ambulance continued going through the red light, so he was aware of his siren.

no matter how you try to help this poor girl, she was stupid
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Just you.

kkolodsick wrote:

I think if you read the title of this thread the answer would be obvious.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-03-01 17:47:52)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard