legionair
back to i-life
+336|6594|EU

infinity101 wrote:

which server do you guys play on? and is it ABR ranked?

i might join you sometimes as i think PR is a good mod
yay, Infinity, welcome back man! Long time no see!

EDIT: we just choose some random servers... I dont really understand the ranking system, but I got promoted 3 times to corporal and some 11x to Private First Class and col64 got his PvtFstClass promotion too yesterday

Last edited by sdlettonieCZLV (2007-02-16 09:00:58)

l41e
+677|6619

infinity101 wrote:

which server do you guys play on? and is it ABR ranked?

i might join you sometimes as i think PR is a good mod
Infinity! WTH you been up to? Haven't seen you in a long while.
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6579|Edinburgh
Anyone fancy a bit of PR tomorrow (Wednesday) from about 7-9 pm UK time?  (GF safely out at singing).
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
haha wish I could get rid of my g/f on a school nite!!!

still have yet to download PR yet, so will try and get it done and then maybe try and join you.

GLASGOW RULES!!!

edinburgh is boring!!

some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

I'd play if I wasn't in Australia. 
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6532|Southampton, UK

I'm up for a game asap... give me a shout on TS
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6579|Edinburgh

theDude5B wrote:

GLASGOW RULES!!!

edinburgh is boring!!

Well, they both have their own good and bad points, he says diplomatically (Glasgow defo better for going out), but more relevantly to the debate: Al-Basrah, Ejod, Hamyong Hills, Al-Jallujah, Sunset City etc rule, Karkand is boring!!!  These new maps are just great -  big, new urban areas, scenic forested hills.  It's probably worth downloading just to create a server and wander around in it being a tourist.

Would be good to catch up with you there.

ATB

Col64
naightknifar
Served and Out

BigBunny wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

GLASGOW RULES!!!

edinburgh is boring!!

Well, they both have their own good and bad points, he says diplomatically (Glasgow defo better for going out), but more relevantly to the debate: Al-Basrah, Ejod, Hamyong Hills, Al-Jallujah, Sunset City etc rule, Karkand is boring!!!  These new maps are just great -  big, new urban areas, scenic forested hills.  It's probably worth downloading just to create a server and wander around in it being a tourist.

Would be good to catch up with you there.

ATB

Col64
Join TS and we'll find an IP.
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6579|Edinburgh
Join TS and we'll find an IP.
Wilco
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
Starlight, here!
naightknifar
Served and Out

...... Dude get yo' ass on TS.
infinity101
+5|6552

sdlettonieCZLV wrote:

EDIT: we just choose some random servers... I don't really understand the ranking system, but I got promoted 3 times to corporal and some 11x to Private First Class and col64 got his PvtFstClass promotion too yesterday
i don't really understand the ranking well also, but i read somewhere that u have to have ABR client installed and running to keep ranks between games not that they matter at all, but still...

that way you can get unlocks, but i don't think you can actually use them in the game

more on abr

you seem to be playing on abr servers though as you have 10+ hours on the PR battlefield
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6579|Edinburgh
Anyone on for PR now?  Am on TS and the Helix server if you want to come find me.
ATB
Col64
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
been playing some PR over the weekend and I am really impressed with it.

To begin with I did not have a clue what was going on. Why could I not drive the apc? why could I not drive some cars? where the hell is the sniper kit?
But now I understand and have enjoyed some good teamwork rounds. Although it will be nice to get a squad of 4/5 all on TS so we can keep each other alive.

I am not too sure about some of the bigger open maps as there are not enough vehicles, but the urban maps are bloody good. It is all about tactics and covering your team mates, and is much more realistic than BF2
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6752

I'm gonna download PR soon.  Wanna check it out.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

theDude5B wrote:

been playing some PR over the weekend and I am really impressed with it.

To begin with I did not have a clue what was going on. Why could I not drive the apc? why could I not drive some cars? where the hell is the sniper kit?
But now I understand and have enjoyed some good teamwork rounds. Although it will be nice to get a squad of 4/5 all on TS so we can keep each other alive.

I am not too sure about some of the bigger open maps as there are not enough vehicles, but the urban maps are bloody good. It is all about tactics and covering your team mates, and is much more realistic than BF2
Comprehensive guide to stopping NooBesT on PR:

Throw smoke granade, it will make him lag like hell so he can't do anything. Then go and shoot him. Easy.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
infinity101
+5|6552

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

Throw smoke granade, it will make him lag like hell so he can't do anything. Then go and shoot him. Easy.

but seriously, after playing PR for a while, i find i miss those smoke granades in regular BF
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
The smoke in PR is a brilliant tactical device. The number of times that you need to throw one just to be able to cross a road and get out of danger.

I did notice though that when I was an Officer, I threw some smoke grenades and it was crappy purple smoke that didn't disperse. just sort of went up in a line and didn't provide any cover.
Hallvard
+262|6493|North Norway

theDude5B wrote:

I did notice though that when I was an Officer, I threw some smoke grenades and it was crappy purple smoke that didn't disperse. just sort of went up in a line and didn't provide any cover.
marking smoke.... can't really see the use for that...
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6594|EU

theDude5B wrote:

The smoke in PR is a brilliant tactical device. The number of times that you need to throw one just to be able to cross a road and get out of danger.

I like the smoke pilot have, it is great!!! You cant see a sh*t after as tactical advantage it is brilliant when MEC on La Fajuahh (not sure about that name) Region and defending canyon, so every USMC coming in is without sight and cover Love that map, though Noobest flamed it all the time... nah, what can I say, he played less then me and he is already staff sergeant. - snipers-

Last edited by sdlettonieCZLV (2007-02-28 01:09:46)

theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
I dont get how the ranks work on PR?

The first day I played it with NooBesT, I had a higher rank than him, then the next day I am private again.
infinity101
+5|6552

theDude5B wrote:

I dont get how the ranks work on PR?

The first day I played it with NooBesT, I had a higher rank than him, then the next day I am private again.
1.have ABR client running before you start PR
2.play on ABR servers
3.score lots of points

1 & 2 are mandatory if you want your rank to stick (1) and your points to be tracked (2)

3 is optional
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
ahhhh so that is how it is done. very smart. can we see our stats online like we can with BF2 ?
infinity101
+5|6552

theDude5B wrote:

ahhhh so that is how it is done. very smart. can we see our stats online like we can with BF2 ?
in theory go to http://www.gloryhoundz.com/stats/
and enter your PID

i tried to find your stats but failed.....i dont know why

but it works....as can be seen for my stats http://www.gloryhoundz.com/stats/47658841

i can also find legionar_85 http://www.gloryhoundz.com/stats/player … d=60314559
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6594|EU

infinity101 wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

in theory go to http://www.gloryhoundz.com/stats/
and enter your PID

i tried to find your stats but failed.....i dont know why

but it works....as can be seen for my stats http://www.gloryhoundz.com/stats/47658841

i can also find legionar_85 http://www.gloryhoundz.com/stats/player … d=60314559
wtf? Infinity, you have a corporal though you have a 1000 less points than me!!! nah, unfair

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard