Linus
+53|6671
so for 2 years people complain about not having a buddy list... and then 2142 comes out with
this buddy list ??  You cant even tell what or where your buddy is playing.. Would it be so hard
for EA to do what every other FPS on the market has done which is an actual REAL buddy list ?
Not some half ass pathetic excuse for one ??

EA are some of the biggest retards I have ever seen in the gaming market...Strike that, THEY ARE
the biggest retards.  Patches that require their own patches.. No buddy lists on a 2006/7 game title..
punkbuster is a useless sham...hacks that came out 2 weeks after BF2 was released still work to
this day...  The longest load times *bf2 out of any game Ive ever seen in 25 years..

Even when EA attempts to give the players what they want they muck it up...  IO mode for example
in BF2..   EAs answer to that problem was to simply delete EVERY vehicle on the map.. making
some maps like Wake Island nearly pathetic if desired IO..   Theyre not capable of real solutions..
The jeeps werent the problem, retard EA, people were complaining about the air kiddies and tank
whores.. but again, EA's solution is to put a band aid on broken arms.. 

pathetic excuse for a gaming publisher, and the worst programmers on the planet.

and forget about support...thats a laughing joke..

Last edited by Linus (2007-02-26 18:22:09)

jsnipy
+3,276|6541|...

you can't tell where your buddy is playing, but you can join him (right click).
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6711
K, this is what you can do to fight the man. Stop playing all EA games you have, and never buy one again.
edit: and hell yes you can tell where your buddy is playing, u just hit the arrow on the side of the list and it will display the server name.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-02-26 18:25:24)

madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6729|Sweden
actually you can see where he´s playing press that "button-thing" next to your buddylist and you will see which server he´s on.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6738|California

You let them win by buying 2142. Looks like your a pawn.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6644|Quebec city, Canada
You have to say you somewhat like the game if you want ea to improve it... I mean if it was that bad you wouldnt even be interested in it, and wouldnt want to play it with your buddies...

the battlefield series must have something good...
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6486
First off you can see what sever your buddies are playing on and second off they didn't take evry vehicle out of IO, the water vehicles are still there so you can play on maps with the carrier, and plus it is called Infantry Only for a reason you twit. I gave you minus one, I do not care if that function is disabled I still give it to you.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6658
butt secks?
Zukabazuka
+23|6704
Hey who let Linus out again? We know he will just bash these games. Go back to your cave where you belong.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6717|U.S
I wanted to know what server my buddy was on thanks guys. Now i know if the server is full
Commando
+8|6620

travisb05 wrote:

I wanted to know what server my buddy was on thanks guys. Now i know if the server is full
Yeh I discovered that by mistake (clicking randomly on the screen when that thing popped out) It could be a little more obvious, im sure a lot of people still dont know that its there
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6687

Linus wrote:

so for 2 years people complain about not having a buddy list... and then 2142 comes out with
this buddy list ??  You cant even tell what or where your buddy is playing.. Would it be so hard
for EA to do what every other FPS on the market has done which is an actual REAL buddy list ?

EA are some of the biggest retards I have ever seen in the gaming market...Strike that, THEY ARE
the biggest retards.  Patches that require their own patches.. No buddy lists on a 2006/7 game title..
punkbuster is a useless sham...hacks that came out 2 weeks after BF2 was released still work to
this day...  The longest load times *bf2 out of any game Ive ever seen in 25 years..

Even when EA attempts to give the players what they want they muck it up...  IO mode for example
in BF2..   EAs answer to that problem was to simply delete EVERY vehicle on the map.. making
some maps like Wake Island nearly pathetic if desired IO..   Theyre not capable of real solutions..
The jeeps werent the problem, retard EA, people were complaining about the air kiddies and tank

pathetic excuse for a gaming publisher, and the worst programmers on the planet.

Right.

Electronic Arts... is the publisher.

That means they publish the game. IE, they mass-"print" the DVDs. They make the covers. They commission the cover art. They market it. They sell it to retailers. Etc, etc.

DICE are the software house. They actually made the game.

PunkBuster is responsible for protecting against hacks, etc.

The community is responsible for reporting hacks to PunkBuster. (That's "REPORTING". Not "Joining MSX site and downloading hacks to get l33t headshots.)

GameSpy/IGN, at the contract of EA, run the stats database, collate the stats, regurgitate the stats for stats sites / the in-game BFHQ.

EA/DICE/GameSpy-IGN/PunkBuster have ALL been EXTREMELY responsive to the community. You whinged about the Blackhawk - they nerfed the Blackhawk. You whinged about the grenade launcher - they nerfed the grenade launcher. You whinged about 23920392039203293029320392 other fucking things - they fixed them. They worked hard, and they created a finished product, eventually. You clearly understand not a single thing about the games industry. Some software houses, under pressure to perform, will produce a finished product seemingly every time. They are talented, they are leaders in their industry.

Do you expect -any- composer to produce music of a quality of, say, Tchaikovsky? Perhaps you didn't like him - what about Mozart? Beethoven? Can any composer attain that level of genius?

No, they cannot. So you clearly cannot expect a low-rated athlete to win Olympic Gold twice; nor can you expect every software house and every game developed to be utterly perfect in every way, in such a way as does not offend the sensibilities of every nitwit with a keyboard and mouse.

You don't like it? Don't play it. You want to blame EA? Don't play their games. Don't spend your money on it, don't waste your time whinging about it when -your- side of the community hasn't stopped whinging since Day One and has gotten pretty much everything it asked for.

"Air kiddies and tank whores" - what? So you bought a game that has tanks in it. You can see it has tanks in it because IT HAS TANKS IN IT. You can also see it has aircraft in it, it was in the trailer. And no doubt in screenshots on the back, but I can't recall right now. All of this was known to you. You were not told there were no tanks. There was no rule that said you could kill others and never die.

Fine, you like infantry. Other people like killing infantry from the comfort of their J10. Others like to do it in an Abrahms. Still others like to do it in a nice shiny attack helicopter.

Well, guess what?

THAT IS THE POINT OF THE WHOLE DAMN GAME.

It is "Battlefield ????/*". Not "Infantry Roolz W00t Bunny Hopping Is L33t But Teh Tanks Suck".

That implies a -Battlefield-. Not one small corner of it. The ENTIRE BATTLEFIELD.

Comprehend? Understand?

Good. Go and make sure you know what a game is about before you buy it next time.

BUT WAIT!

-IN TWENTY FIVE YEARS-

What? Seriously. No. NO. You, clearly, did not have a Commodore 64 with a tape deck. FOUR HOURS. And the game crashed! FOUR HOURS. That's a long load time.

Kthnxdonenow.

Last edited by Auqakuh2213 (2007-02-26 20:49:24)

Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6457|King Of The Islands

For the record, BF using the GameSpy engine, which is utter shite. Hell they finally got Region filtering, ASE had that back in the day.

*WAIT! Let me get you the servers from France, they talk funny!*
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
+115|6565|inside your nose.

Auqakuh2213 wrote:

Linus wrote:

Right.

That means they publish the game. IE, they mass-"print" the DVDs. They make the covers. They commission the cover art. They market it. They sell it to retailers. Etc, etc.

The community is responsible for reporting hacks to PunkBuster. (That's "REPORTING". Not "Joining MSX site and downloading hacks to get l33t headshots.)

GameSpy/IGN, at the contract of EA, run the stats database, collate the stats, regurgitate the stats for stats sites / the in-game BFHQ.

EA/DICE/GameSpy-IGN/PunkBuster have ALL been EXTREMELY responsive to the community. You whinged about the Blackhawk - they nerfed the Blackhawk. You whinged about the grenade launcher - they nerfed the grenade launcher. You whinged about 23920392039203293029320392 other fucking things - they fixed them. They worked hard, and they created a finished product, eventually. You clearly understand not a single thing about the games industry. Some software houses, under pressure to perform, will produce a finished product seemingly every time. They are talented, they are leaders in their industry.

Do you expect -any- composer to produce music of a quality of, say, Tchaikovsky? Perhaps you didn't like him - what about Mozart? Beethoven? Can any composer attain that level of genius?

No, they cannot. So you clearly cannot expect a low-rated athlete to win Olympic Gold twice; nor can you expect every software house and every game developed to be utterly perfect in every way, in such a way as does not offend the sensibilities of every nitwit with a keyboard and mouse.

You don't like it? Don't play it. You want to blame EA? Don't play their games. Don't spend your money on it, don't waste your time whinging about it when -your- side of the community hasn't stopped whinging since Day One and has gotten pretty much everything it asked for.

"Air kiddies and tank whores" - what? So you bought a game that has tanks in it. You can see it has tanks in it because IT HAS TANKS IN IT. You can also see it has aircraft in it, it was in the trailer. And no doubt in screenshots on the back, but I can't recall right now. All of this was known to you. You were not told there were no tanks. There was no rule that said you could kill others and never die.

Fine, you like infantry. Other people like killing infantry from the comfort of their J10. Others like to do it in an Abrahms. Still others like to do it in a nice shiny attack helicopter.

Well, guess what?

It is "Battlefield ????/*". Not "Infantry Roolz W00t Bunny Hopping Is L33t But Teh Tanks Suck".

That implies a -Battlefield-. Not one small corner of it. The ENTIRE BATTLEFIELD.

Comprehend? Understand?

Good. Go and make sure you know what a game is about before you buy it next time.

BUT WAIT!

-IN TWENTY FIVE YEARS-

What? Seriously. No. NO. You, clearly, did not have a Commodore 64 with a tape deck. FOUR HOURS. And the game crashed! FOUR HOURS. That's a long load time.

Kthnxdonenow.
nuff said?
Magius5.0
+106|6400|UMass Amherst
In befor da lok!
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6553|Edmonton Alberta

stryyker wrote:

You let them win by buying 2142. Looks like your a pawn.
hey you bought it too
oh wait.... so did i... but it is now a 50 dollar coaster
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6693|Canberra, AUS
Linus does nothing but whine all day. Don't pay any attention to him.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Megalomatthew
+6|6428

Linus wrote:

This world is full off questions that everyone knows the answer to but yourself.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6667|Hong Kong

AirForceOne1 wrote:

Auqakuh2213 wrote:

Linus wrote:

Right.

Well, guess what?

Comprehend? Understand?

BUT WAIT!

-IN TWENTY FIVE YEARS-

Kthnxdonenow.
nuff said?
Yeh... what he said.
Commando
+8|6620
Who likes short shorts?
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6667|Hong Kong

Commando wrote:

Who likes short shorts?
Ha. Haha.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6645|Los Angeles, California, US.
i can see where they are playing on my buddy list
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6498|Somewhere else

thareaper254 wrote:

butt secks?
depends on the details.
Brasso
+1,549|6649

madmurre wrote:

actually you can see where he´s playing press that "button-thing" next to your buddylist and you will see which server he´s on.
Owned.

Commando wrote:

travisb05 wrote:

Yeh I discovered that by mistake (clicking randomly on the screen when that thing popped out) It could be a little more obvious, im sure a lot of people still dont know that its there
It's a fucking arrow.  How much more obvious do you want it to be?

CLICK HERE TO EXPAND THE BUDDY LIST!!1!
Maybe we should bitch to DICE about fixing that, eh?

Last edited by haffeysucks (2007-02-27 16:37:01)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Commando
+8|6620

haffeysucks wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

madmurre wrote:

Owned.

Commando wrote:

travisb05 wrote:

It's a fucking arrow.  How much more obvious do you want it to be?

CLICK HERE TO EXPAND THE BUDDY LIST!!1!
Maybe we should bitch to DICE about fixing that, eh?
I want there to be a picture of your head with a dildo strapped to your cheeks and a sign saying "Stroke me to see where your erect buddies are"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard