kachunkachunk
+8|6430|Ontario
Usually I just shrug that stuff off without caring. Granted, I haven't really had the problem very often... lately I've just played better. But today, it genuinely ruined my gaming session... I'll explain why.

Back in the days of Counter-Strike, it was something everyone was paranoid about. But it seems to me like Battlefield 2 and 2142 are starting to suffer from the same thing, now. So there's a basis for people getting a bit paranoid, thanks to the Titan wall clipping issues.

Today I was on some new 1.20 server in Quebec, attacking on a Titan as Assault with a Baur. I was pretty effortlessly shooting the heads off of the defenders and blowing up their sentry guns as I peeked down the hallways... generally I just did what my team mates were a bit afraid to do, and it felt pretty good to be able to pull it off, despite the grenades flying around. They revived when I got blown up, and I got right back in to shoot and do the same for my comrades.

It was basically... you have the rifle scoped in at the ready, and you edge over so you can just barely see someone's face. They're usually sitting there still enough to aim at you. But if you're lucky and used to it enough, you should already be lined up. Take two single shots and they're pretty much dead (with the Baur anyway). Repeat for the two or three guys in the hallway, and you're good. Sentry guns aren't different, but you might need to step away for a sec to heal.

So I guess I was a good help being medic / assault myself, and was clearing out the hallways for our Recon boys. Then someone named Druid7 was so incredibly convinced that I was "hacking" and shooting him through walls.

How come it's so hard to see from their perspective that someone is literally standing at the end of the hallway aiming at you, and shooting you in the face? Is there something I'm missing? I was not shooting anyone through walls, let alone actually aiming my gun at a wall directly. I could see perfectly clear that his head was on my scope's sights, and I was going to take my shots. He was just laying there in the corridor, equally hidden as I, and getting killed.

I was pretty saddened by the accusations. I mean, I'm a pretty empathetic person and I try to think about other people's feelings, so it seemed to me like he was getting pretty frustrated. But he went on this big witch-hunting crusade against me and said I'm reported and all this other crap.

I'm partly worried about this, because I worked long and hard on getting all my unlocks and stuff. Especially lately for these Gold Titan Attack/Defence badges... yikes. Just got the defence one last night after spending a good portion of whole day.

I guess nothing will happen... my stats don't reflect those of cheaters, and I don't even exploit or cheat.
But what could I have done? I can't think of anything I could have said to prove my side of the story, or to help this guy understand, or to make him feel better. I tried to be kind about it eventually (at first I was pretty cold about him making these accusations), but he figured I was just showing all the signs of a guilty exploiter/cheater/hacker by not swearing at him repeatedly and calling him a n00b.

I know quite a few of you have had the same experience... and I'm guessing some of you will question the point of even posting this... I just wanted to vent my frustrations and to see what you guys can add to this. I mean, is there something I can do better about this in the future? Do I have anything to worry about, stats-wise?

I was going to friend Druid7 to try to talk to him, but I figure he'd just go, "OMG THE CHEATER/HAXXOR BUDDIED ME, HE'S HARRASSING" or something.
Doktorbob
+26|6528
Dude, you will NEVER satisfy anyone's accusations by trying to reason with them.  Remember this:

Mediocrity always attacks Excellence

They suck and you beat them down.  End of story!  We all have our great days and sucky days.  You were "tuned" in to the game and excelled.  Others can't believe the fact that they suck and someone is actually better than they are.  Don't go down to their level and worry about this!  It happens to us all!

Strive for perfection.  You obviously did and shined above the rest of the crowd!  Great Job!
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6686
If you're going to take something so common and insignificant this hard you shouldn't be playing this game.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6540|so randum

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

If you're going to take something so common and insignificant this hard you shouldn't be playing this game.
Thats a bit OTT aint it?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Zukabazuka
+23|6726
Ok, just because they type you are a cheater doesn't meen they will do anything against it. You don't have any cheats on so they cant really ban you for this. But later you can just say this to them
"Dodge the bullet faster next time or spam harder" or "Thanks"

And trying to be friend with him is the last thing you shall do, try knife him and see what he says about that. If you see him again that is.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6747|67.222.138.85
I laugh and call him a noob, you are a much better person over the internats than I am.
He will never get your account reset, don't worry. If he does I'm sure you can sic all these guys at BF2s on them like a pack of ravening dogs.
Recoil555
A God Amongst Men
+26|6492|UK

fatherted13 wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

That's a bit OTT ain't it?
Read his sig he talks bollox.

Topic: He would need proof as in screen shots and time index's to get your account reset and as long as the servers you play on have good admins i don't think you'll be banned from a server for owning. You did the right thing no point calling him stuff back because that's more likely to get you kicked than him calling you a hacker.

As with reasoning with him its hard if he has no idea what hacking is possible in 2142 and has no idea the difference between a skilled player and a exploit / hax0r.

Last edited by Recoil555 (2007-02-21 15:34:27)

CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6558|USA
being called a cheater, imo/ime, is the best compliment in the game.
kachunkachunk
+8|6430|Ontario
Thanks for the supportive posts, guys... I wanted to vent, and you're all pretty darn cool about it.

PS. Colbert is awesomesauce.

I guess I was kinda wondering what I could have done better in my situation.
Now I'm a lot less worried about stats getting reset, so that's something. Thanks, guys.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6508
First off I noticed you mentioned the hacking paranoia in CS, and that there is some in the BF games, well CS is alot easier to hacker and the hacks made are harder to detect, CS does have a hacking problem but in the BF games I seldom come across people who are hacking.

Second you shouldn't be offended or worried by this, I mean alot of guys on this site screen shot getting called a hacker then they put the SS in their sig, I mean I was called a hacker a few times back on my Sharqi whoring days but it isn't a big deal.

Finally see if you can band with a few people to kidnap this Druid guy, he seems like a dick.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6533|N. Ireland
They are just feeling insecure around all their team-mates. I have only ever called someone a hacker once, and that was some moron who indeed WAS using the titan glitch.
Anti_-_Logic81
+2|6562|Houston, TX
I usually respond to such accusations with "Hey buddy whatever helps you sleep at night..."

I wouldn't worry about the reset...highly doubtful you'll have that happen...most people just blow steam that way without any real intent...you'd be surprised how lazy people are about that stuff when it comes to actually following through with such things...and heaven help the guy who reports a false accusation.
Smoke_Deez
+8|6426

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

Exactly, and I treat it as such when it happens, you can taunt them if you want, or whatever, the best thing is just plainly say you aren't cheating but thanks for the compliment.  If after you treat them with civility they continue to act like a bitch, then treat them like one and taunt the fuck out of em'.
Magius5.0
+106|6422|UMass Amherst
I can sum up my god-awesome powers of tactics, stealth, and lethality:

SKILLZ!!! TASTE THE MOTHERFUCKING RAINBOW!!!
ZCaliber
+12|6552|Between Canada and Iowa
I got banned from a server recently for playing too well.

The first time that has ever happened to me... I was humbled. ^^ (I even got to keep the good conduct medal I got that round too! Irony!)
RoofusMcDoofus
+15|6615

fatherted13 wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Thats a bit OTT aint it?
How is that OT?  It's directly on topic.

So they called you a cheater... Either you are, or you aren't.  You either cheated and got your feelings hurt, or you did not, and still got your feelings hurt, for whatever reason.  In the case of the prior, you should be kicked in the nuts for being a cheater, and a bitch, and in the case of the latter, you should be proud that you were owning the heck out of some noobs, and you should toughen up and not be hurt when some jerkoff pops his mouth off.  It's called jealousy.  If you're remotely successful in anything, you'll face it from time to time.  If you're really successful, you'll face it all the time.  It's THEIR problem, NOT yours.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6530|Gogledd Cymru

RoofusMcDoofus wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Thats a bit OTT aint it?
How is that OT?  It's directly on topic.
OTT means

Over The Top
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6355
yep.. keep reporting them...

" not doing the right thing is just as bad as doing thw wrong thing"
kachunkachunk
+8|6430|Ontario
This always has been a faaaairly pointless thread, but once again thank you all for your posts. You're also very right on just about all points, RoofusMcDoofus. Rest assured, I really am not a cheater, heh. Why put all my achievements to date at risk like that?

I'm going to try to get my gold Titan Attack badge... this is going to be fu...n.
XX-ifrit-XX
+3|6407|Somerset, England

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

https://cornwall.wikispaces.com/space/showimage/screen084.png

Unless your this prick that is.
_1_MAN-ARMY.19
+25|6311
LOL u wont get reset don't worry -_-
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6635|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
fuck, i'd just follow the guy around and get some buddies to help me kidnap. or just own his ass, which is quite easy

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard