jsnipy
+3,276|6670|...

I've not seen anything closed that has not deserved to be closed. Tmo  fills a time when usually there has not been a mod on and some posts have gone unchecked (early gmt-5).

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-02-26 15:42:22)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6855|67.222.138.85
The mods are starting to get a handle on the D&ST problem, nothing to do with new mods in my opinion but it seems like usually the D&ST flares up sometimes then dies down, but isn't dying down very quickly this time.

To those saying this thread will be closed I certainly won't close it, though I couldn't disagree if someone did. The mods here have never tried to turn this into a totalitarianism regime (as some bitter members might like you to believe) and I personally would greatly appreciate if someone sent me a calm, respectful pm if they think I have abused my powers.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6958|Nårvei

ATG wrote:

I frankly have said to myself " i would have banned so and so for that " at least a dozen times in the last two weeks.
There is an upsurge in hostilities lately.

You all should try the patch.
Been losing our grip on the D&ST section lately have we ?

Doesn`t look like a upsurge really, mostly people with different views that stand their ground maybe a little more visible than before now that both libs, cons and mods(moderats) are more clearly than ever before !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6570|My room
Personally, I think that more mods was necessary. Why? Look at D&ST. 99.9999999% of the topics there turned into flame wars. People are going to need to stop insulting, or, at the least, disguise their insults over there.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6515|Columbus, Ohio

Varegg wrote:

ATG wrote:

I frankly have said to myself " i would have banned so and so for that " at least a dozen times in the last two weeks.
There is an upsurge in hostilities lately.

You all should try the patch.
Been losing our grip on the D&ST section lately have we ?

Doesn`t look like a upsurge really, mostly people with different views that stand their ground maybe a little more visible than before now that both libs, cons and mods(moderats) are more clearly than ever before !
Agree.  I have not noticed one thing different, nor did I see a problem.  Only problem I see, is somebody got their little feelings hurt or something like that.  Well boo hoo.  Hate to tell some of you this, but there ain't no mod in real life to defend you.
Ryan
+1,230|6991|Alberta, Canada

Well, since new mods came about, more useless threads were posted, thus, the mods had to close them.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6968|Belgium

AND...

As fresh mod blood is in, more threads and posts are read by more mods, thus correctly removing and closing that what should have been closed before. The whole reason of getting more mods is to enable more threads / posts to be checked and removed if necessary.

In short BF2s is getting the sweet loving it needed.

Cheers,
R
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6705|Brisbane, Aus

ryan_14 wrote:

Well, since new mods came about, more useless threads were posted, thus, the mods had to close them.
true to that, the last 3 new threads have been:

complaints about hackers
complaints about people complaining about teamkillers
complaints about claymores
Varegg
+2,206|6958|Nårvei

T1g3r217 wrote:

Personally, I think that more mods was necessary. Why? Look at D&ST. 99.9999999% of the topics there turned into flame wars. People are going to need to stop insulting, or, at the least, disguise their insults over there.
There nothing wrong with a perfectly aimed insult from time to time, today it might be directed at usmarine, tomorrow at Cameron Poe or ATG or who else is voicing his opinion and are willing to fight for it, calling it flaming just proves how little you know of discussion issues of minor/major importance.

A heavily moderated D&ST would not fulfill it`s purpose as an open exchange of ideas and opinions, it should therefor be allowed a higher intensity of possible conflict.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6780|949

Varegg wrote:

T1g3r217 wrote:

There nothing wrong with a perfectly aimed insult from time to time, today it might be directed at usmarine, tomorrow at Cameron Poe or ATG or who else is voicing his opinion and are willing to fight for it, calling it flaming just proves how little you know of discussion issues of minor/major importance.

A heavily moderated D&ST would not fulfill it`s purpose as an open exchange of ideas and opinions, it should therefor be allowed a higher intensity of possible conflict.
I agree, but at the same time there seems to be a lack of respect for people's opinions.  D&ST should be the most mature area of the forum, but often degenerates into name-calling and pointless back and forth arguing, when the whole idea of a debate is to exchange ideas/viewpoints/opinions.  Arguing is healthy, no doubt, but when people respond with one-liners and personal insults, there needs to be some time of mediator.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6729|SE London

Varegg wrote:

I agree.
Varegg
+2,206|6958|Nårvei

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Varegg wrote:

T1g3r217 wrote:

I agree, but at the same time there seems to be a lack of respect for people's opinions.  D&ST should be the most mature area of the forum, but often degenerates into name-calling and pointless back and forth arguing, when the whole idea of a debate is to exchange ideas/viewpoints/opinions.  Arguing is healthy, no doubt, but when people respond with one-liners and personal insults, there needs to be some time of mediator.
Its a very rear thing amongst the regulars in D&ST to actively insult each other afaik but in the heat of "battle" some things are said that should not have been said, but most "contenders" i hope realise the depth of these comments and understands them for just what they are, headless comments in a sometimes overheated environment !

Last edited by Varegg (2007-02-26 16:14:39)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6677|Global Command
As long as the rulz are known and uniformly applied I don't care what they are.
Kimmies site is kind of  boring because everyone is so nice to each other, it's like one big group hug.

At the same time, reciprocal and retalitory threads are retarded and demean the forum. " I can't make my point in his thread so I'll start my own opposing one and all my friends will agree with me. "
yak.
topal63
. . .
+533|6866
I personally think it is just hard to live up to an ideal... and it is hard to moderate critical thinking in the form of an argument. It is not easy to construct reasonable arguments to begin with. It is hard to live up to the concept of debate as an ideal (as an exchange of ideas, facts, opinions, reasoning, links to other references, etc); and it is equally hard to moderate.

Junk Drawer - states this is a general forum; exchange your general ideas here (all you peoples who play BF2).

D & ST - states this is a level place to talk - exchange your general 'serious' ideas here (all you peoples who play BF2). But the debate and serious words - causes and instant over-reaction in peoples minds. They can get overly serious & defensive about things fast - I always appear serious - and yet I never really am - it is just I am willing to expose what I consider a misconception - even if I make a mistake or two along the way. I read far more threads than I post in.

I applaud moderation; I even applaud direct participation (by mods) even more... I find it very refreshing to see mod.s do more than delete and close; that they contribute and educate (about rules, decorum, lighten things up, demonstrate inconsistencies of argument if they have time); and temp ban only when truly necessary; and perma-ban only the most obvious violations (spamming; blogging; nothing but flaming; etc).
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6894|Mexico City
I think they´re going over the top;
my last three posts were DELETED, not closed. They weren´t a bunch of nonsense but something to laugh a little.
if you see the forums, theres a lot of grayed posts...
maybe they want to make the forums TOO serious. That will make people go away. Some of us have a sense of humor....
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6780|949

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

I think they´re going over the top;
my last three posts were DELETED, not closed. They weren´t a bunch of nonsense but something to laugh a little.
if you see the forums, theres a lot of grayed posts...
maybe they want to make the forums TOO serious. That will make people go away. Some of us have a sense of humor....
hopefully it will make you go away.  No one wants to hear about you going into K/P servers, "finishing" Special Forces, having all the badges.

Go ingest some smog buddy.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6767|Manitowoc, WI

usmarine2007 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

If anything I would blame it on the recent uptake in hostilities in D&ST.
Well.....no kidding TBH.  When you talk about religion, politics, and war, it will get more heated then when you talk about shitting at school.
I personally take my school shitting very seriously.
Sgt.Zubie
+77|6723
I had one closed recently that I didn't agree with. Because another poll was found which I missed in my search.

But I got over it. When something is new you like to use it. It should be fine in time.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6895|The United Center
Eh, since day one I've made it clear that if anyone has a problem with me, they're free to PM me.  Just ask LaidBackNinja.  He stated he didn't like me...and he PMed me...and we're cool with each other.

Or, if you don't feel comfortable PMing me, there are a number of other mods and admins who you can PM.

This goes for thread closures, post deletions, or anything you feel I've done wrong.  I have no problem owning up to my actions.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6554|NSW, Australia

if i was a mod, id close this topic.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

Haha, I thought about it, just for irony's sake.

...but it's a relevant topic...and I have no problem with people speaking their mind.

Besides, like I said, I have no problem owning up to my actions.  If I'm doing something wrong, then I'd like to know about it so I can remedy it.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6780|Finland

I wouldn't. There have been good points over how the forums are looked at by different active members. Also, insights have been given on what the D&ST-section should look like, and how it should be dealt with. Good reading. I say: keep it open for now.
I need around tree fiddy.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6554|NSW, Australia

DonFck wrote:

I wouldn't. There have been good points over how the forums are looked at by different active members. Also, insights have been given on what the D&ST-section should look like, and how it should be dealt with. Good reading. I say: keep it open for now.
i think we should just close the D&ST section, it hurts my head.

go on TMo, you know you want to close this...go on
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6754|Parainen, Finland
This site needed them, they are good guys. It is hard to have control on a site with loonies like myself and many, many more.I love the work of Donnie the Closer(Sounds like a guy/gay from the movie "Gangs of New York"). I didn´t realize that he could be so diplomatic and neutral!!!  He must know by now that I´ve raised his Nerd factor by 10 % though!
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

DonFck wrote:

i think we should just close the D&ST section, it hurts my head.

go on TMo, you know you want to close this...go on
Naw, I'd actually really like to see where this thread goes.  If it's a resounding "yes", then I, for one, will tone it down a bit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard