GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
*NOT A RECRUITING TOOL OR PRO WAR PROPAGANDA

just thought this was interesting.  give a little insight into why people serve and why my dumbass went back in

never have been and still never will be for the invasion of iraq but thats just my opinion

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-02-25 19:29:54)

deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6463|Connecticut
links dont work dood.
Malloy must go
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
fixed it
alpinestar
+304|6566|New York City baby.
Made me feel like 1943 nazi germany all over again.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

alpinestar wrote:

oh wow, you saw the whole 12 minutes of it within 4 minutes FUCKING AMAZING.

this dude has officially scratched his own name off the list of serious debaters.  twerp

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-02-25 18:26:15)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
My buddies that are in the armed forces all say they signed up again because of the guys they fought with side by side.  They'll all very patriotic, but when it comes down to it, they don't want to leave a guy that watched their back under fire out there without them.

Edit: I also have an acquaintance through work that got out of the service.  He attended over 50 funerals in one year and couldn't take it any more.  He said he was just tired of being shot at.

alpinestar wrote:

Oh yeah, forgot the Nazis provided stellar healthcare to the Jews didn't they.  Get a life.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-02-25 18:31:48)

R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6456|Melbourne

Nice vids man, it really provides a good incite to those that don't understand.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6713|Backward Ass Kansas
I think you meant 'insight' as in knowledge of as opposed to 'incite' a riot.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

An Enlarged Liver wrote:

I think you meant 'insight' as in knowledge of as opposed to 'incite' a riot.
thanks for the fix
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6445|Foothills of S. Carolina

Hey Gunslinger, how bout cleanin up your message box so I can send you a pm. Thanks.

Edit: Nice vids too, thanks.

Last edited by Canin (2007-02-25 19:39:29)

usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6337|Columbus, Ohio

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

*NOT A RECRUITING TOOL OR PRO WAR PROPAGANDA
Lies....I am getting my combat boots out of the closet.

Good vids.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

alpinestar wrote:

Military pride isn't restricted to Nazis.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6734|Dallas
While I agree with the humanitarian portion of the video, mainly because I know thats exactly what do from first hand experiance, I still find most of the video kind of repulsive.  It's the standard "glamorize war" type crap. 

Gunslinger is still my hero though.
Commie Killer
+192|6357
Great vids.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire
Sorry, maybe I missed something ...can someone explain to me how this is not propaganda?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
Yeah, anything positive about the military has to be propaganda . . .   How dare soldiers be proud of their service.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6799

Stingray24 wrote:

Yeah, anything positive about the military has to be propaganda . . .   How dare soldiers be proud of their service.
The vids clearly weren't slapped together by a couple of soldiers their time off. The vids were obviously well made, which pretty well means some money was thrown at them which pretty much means someone thinks there must be something to gain from them and so finally we reach the obvious. These are recruitment vids, they just have the 'There's stong and there's army strong' but missed off the end.

Not that theres anything wrong with that.
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6660|Fort Lewis WA

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

The vids clearly weren't slapped together by a couple of soldiers their time off. The vids were obviously well made, which pretty well means some money was thrown at them which pretty much means someone thinks there must be something to gain from them and so finally we reach the obvious. These are recruitment vids, they just have the 'There's stong and there's army strong' but missed off the end.

Not that theres anything wrong with that.
You are correct about those videos being professionally done, the first one was the only one I watched and it was made for a disabled veterans charity website.  Didnt watch the rest of them just the first part of the first one, I cannot recall the website but there is a link for it on www.strykernews.com

Being a vet, I tend to donate to disabled vets.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

Stingray24 wrote:

Yeah, anything positive about the military has to be propaganda . . . roll  How dare soldiers be proud of their service.
It presents one side of a scenario, it refuses to examine the other side of military service i.e. violent combat, deaths, psychological stress etc. therefore as an account of military life it is unbalanced. Unbalanced presentation of the facts is propaganda.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6337|Columbus, Ohio

Braddock wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Yeah, anything positive about the military has to be propaganda . . . roll  How dare soldiers be proud of their service.
It presents one side of a scenario, it refuses to examine the other side of military service i.e. violent combat, deaths, psychological stress etc. therefore as an account of military life it is unbalanced. Unbalanced presentation of the facts is propaganda.
Here is your other side..

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

usmarine2007 wrote:

Here is your other side..
Nice ...I hope the families of the soldiers and civilians affected in the video appreciate the cool editing and bangin' soundtrack.

Last edited by Braddock (2007-03-02 19:17:04)

usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6337|Columbus, Ohio

Braddock wrote:

Nice ...I hope the families of the soldiers and civilians affected in the video appreciate the cool editing and bangin' soundtrack.
You wanted the other side, well that is "kind of" the other side.  No need to be a smart ass about it.

Does these work for ya?  Good friend of mine.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … ;q=marines

Not bangin' is it?

If you would like to see what my company went thru...

http://www.aetv.com/listings/episode_de … eid=163325

I still can't find an online stream....maybe one of you can?

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2007-03-02 19:48:44)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command

usmarine2007 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

You wanted the other side, well that is "kind of" the other side.  No need to be a smart ass about it.

Does these work for ya?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … ;q=marines

Not bangin' is it?
Wow.
What a completely different feeling that video inspired in me. unlike...
The Op here, http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=65759&p=1 posted shameful, hurtful b.s., exploiting the families of these heroes thoughtlessly.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

usmarine2007 wrote:

[youtube]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … ;q=marines[/youtube]
A bit better, the music is still there to elicit an emotional response. Why bother with any music? Would it still not be moving to any American (or anyone for that matter) to see that video without the score behind it?

For a fully impartial view that clip should be followed by one showing all the Iraqis who have been killed since the beginning of the US invasion.
Commie Killer
+192|6357

Braddock wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

[youtube]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … ;q=marines[/youtube]
A bit better, the music is still there to elicit an emotional response. Why bother with any music? Would it still not be moving to any American (or anyone for that matter) to see that video without the score behind it?

For a fully impartial view that clip should be followed by one showing all the Iraqis who have been killed since the beginning of the US invasion.
You are probably the most heartless person I have ever met, he posts a video of his friends, his brothers in arms, and you turn it fucking political. Burn in hell, just burn in fucking hell. You dont deserve a longer response.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard