[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6747

genius_man16 wrote:

Isn't the altitude displayed in meters, not feet?
Yup, I assume its in meters too but made a quick typo there It hardly matters though when we consider its just a game.
XRogerMellieX
+8|6330
Am I the only one to check out the threadstarters statsa and see he has just over a 1 KDR in the jet?

He's tried the move one day and it worked, and since then may have worked again against a few other new aviators.

Kudos for posting your thoughts mate, but I'll stick to the ever awesome Canada Zenmaster's guide (not that I'm ever off IO, but just in case).
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Basically, you did a 'Scissors' with parts of a 'Rolling Scissors' while slowing down.
What are you talking about? The scissors is a completely different move, and I have never seen anyone on a pub to it to me, either.

As for the guide, its just taking one example from a more complete theory, from which you can understand why it works and make it better.. meh im not going to explain
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
san4
The Mas
+311|6690|NYC, a place to live

Executiator wrote:

The REAL and BEST way to lose that bogey on your six is to fly striaght up and lose control of your plane, because they will too and completely forget about you trying to not lose control.

Easy as pie.
I once shot down another jet when he flew too high. I followed him up and we were both out of control. He happened to be in my field of vision so I switched to missiles, let him drop his flares, then blew him away.
park226
+2|6272
kudos and thanks for your tips on how to evade as i too have to learn. if your in a j10, you'll most likely lose whomever is on your tail using the sharp turns. but if it's vice versa...more then likely your doomed. if someone half decent is on your tail, nothing you do will shake him. so just line up a bomb run while you know doomsday is right behing you. least you'll take someone else with ya. XD  all imo and experience as of yet.
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6621
Never slow down in jet.
logitech487
+16|6404|From The State Of Taxes
in a f35 play medic and go  ballistic and hope the guy in the j 10 isn't , the missiles from f 35  have a hard time staying locked on the j 10  I go after them in bomb mode and switch when they are reloading or on a bombing run and hope they are a noob , if they are anygood its time to bail out and try to steal an j 10
lt.jpsmith
+10|6273

Executiator wrote:

The REAL and BEST way to lose that bogey on your six is to fly striaght up and lose control of your plane, because they will too and completely forget about you trying to not lose control.

Easy as pie.
Yes your right this does work well and I do it as a last resort. But what iam explaining is not only how to evade but turn things around also!
lt.jpsmith
+10|6273

XRogerMellieX  wrote:

Am I the only one to check out the threadstarters statsa and see he has just over a 1 KDR in the jet?

He's tried the move one day and it worked, and since then may have worked again against a few other new aviators.

Kudos for posting your thoughts mate, but I'll stick to the ever awesome Canada Zenmaster's guide (not that I'm ever off IO, but just in case).
Yes I did just try this technique one day and it worked, but it has worked against more than a few above average pilots. I agree with you, Props Zenmaster I dl one your videos it was very well put together (Canada rules too). I wanted to make somthing short and easy to follow to help new pilots not advanced ones. Just trying to pitch in a little thats all!
HypnoticState
+4|6323
Sorry good effort but crap guide, never slow down, learn the split-s !!
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6621

HypnoticState wrote:

Sorry good effort but crap guide, never slow down, learn the split-s !!
qft

(To guide writer) But to be able to do Split-S you will need joystick. And to be good pilot in jet you will need joystick. So go get one, I suggest Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, it's not too expensive and good.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6650|Norway
Big load of crap
wachtler83
+22|6587|Columbus,Ohio
good guide for players new to jets and if people would read he states thats its for "new" pilots.
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6316|Newcastle UK

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

xintegrityx wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

And I believe (could be wrong) the F-35 can actually keep under control higher than other jets. I think I read that somewhere anyway, and I've not seen anything to disagree with that.
Not according to [CANADA]_Zenmaster's guide...

Hmm... odd. I've had J-10s lose control before I do. Oh well, forget what I said then.
The F35 goes way faster then the J10 at higher altitudes, but the J10 maintains control slightly higher... for instance if you are doing a loop and the top of your loop hits around 1000-1100 feet in the J10 and your still at full power, you may just squeak back down to earth ok (without cutting throttle and falling back), but if you are in the 35 you can't pull the same maneuver quite so high (I believe you can do it in a 35 at around 950-1050 ok but definetly not 1100).

Try it in single player and see what results you get - I don't commonly try to skim the ceiling unless someone good is actually on the other team, which lets be honest, on pub servers happens pretty rarely. Dogfighting is totally devoid of action since the 1.14/1.2 bullshit which is a shame because it used to be about MG'ing people and you never even had to go up that high to have a great dog fight. Now I don't even bother to fight - if I am in a 35 I stay high, and if I am in a J10 I fire and forget. The only decent dog fight shows up in an F18 vs J10 and that still happens pretty rarely and the J10 still has a mild edge.
No it doesnt i have used this alot i go around 850 alt then point my nose down slightly and go down to 800 and by that time the j10 has lost me by going that extra 10 alt more.
CC-Marley
+407|6830

lt.jpsmith wrote:

this is how I do it

My Guide

Tell me what you think if you can understand it!
Get a joystick
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648

Toilet Sex wrote:

xintegrityx wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

And I believe (could be wrong) the F-35 can actually keep under control higher than other jets. I think I read that somewhere anyway, and I've not seen anything to disagree with that.
Not according to [CANADA]_Zenmaster's guide...

Hmm... odd. I've had J-10s lose control before I do. Oh well, forget what I said then.
The only decent dog fight shows up in an F18 vs J10 and that still happens pretty rarely and the J10 still has a mild edge.
Is that some kind of funny joke? An F18 can't turn with a J10. I'd call that a huge edge, not a mild one. The only thing that match up has going for it is the fact that neither jets get hit by A2A missles.
CC-Marley
+407|6830

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

The only decent dog fight shows up in an F18 vs J10 and that still happens pretty rarely and the J10 still has a mild edge.
Is that some kind of funny joke? An F18 can't turn with a J10. I'd call that a huge edge, not a mild one. The only thing that match up has going for it is the fact that neither jets get hit by A2A missles.
You can hit them both...Just have to know the secret on how. I'm not about to reveal it and I'm sure many know it.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6747

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

I dont agree with ya, the J10 is superior for sure, but the F18 isn't all that bad, its not a slow piece of shit, it turns reasonably well, and best of all it dodges missiles just like the J10 does so even if it's not as good its still hard to shoot down a good pilot in either vehicle. The best way to take out the F18 is with the MGs which indeed the J10 has an edge on for faster turning, but then that is why I said it had a mild edge in the first place. It takes a lot longer to MG someone down then fire and forget an F35. Unless they are a tard flying straight at times...

I'm speaking from experience not out of my ass, so feel free to disagree but that is what I have seen while flying.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6747

CC-Marley wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

You can hit them both...Just have to know the secret on how. I'm not about to reveal it and I'm sure many know it.
The secret to hit a J10 with F35 missiles, in my experience is to be far enough away but not too close or too far off, I guess that doesn't help many people, but it comes from just trying it. F35 missiles sometimes track when you are far enough off the J10 ass. Best position I've seen is above the J10, medium distance, and getting them when they are doing a rotation, peak or bottom of a loop, or some other situation where they temporarily angle straight ahead.

If someone else knows a better way, I'm all ears. I tend to avoid the F35 when I rather cap out the airfield and jack a 10 or the F18. That way is better for the team, but on other maps I like the F35 as a great bomber - its fun as hell. Also, FuShe pass has the F18s vs J10s instead of the 35s which is a very nice change. The F35 is fun on wake once I've capped the airfield though, then its rape city.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6747

OakLeaves wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

The F35 goes way faster then the J10 at higher altitudes, but the J10 maintains control slightly higher... for instance if you are doing a loop and the top of your loop hits around 1000-1100 feet in the J10 and your still at full power, you may just squeak back down to earth ok (without cutting throttle and falling back), but if you are in the 35 you can't pull the same maneuver quite so high (I believe you can do it in a 35 at around 950-1050 ok but definetly not 1100).

Try it in single player and see what results you get - I don't commonly try to skim the ceiling unless someone good is actually on the other team, which lets be honest, on pub servers happens pretty rarely. Dogfighting is totally devoid of action since the 1.14/1.2 bullshit which is a shame because it used to be about MG'ing people and you never even had to go up that high to have a great dog fight. Now I don't even bother to fight - if I am in a 35 I stay high, and if I am in a J10 I fire and forget. The only decent dog fight shows up in an F18 vs J10 and that still happens pretty rarely and the J10 still has a mild edge.
No it doesnt i have used this alot i go around 850 alt then point my nose down slightly and go down to 800 and by that time the j10 has lost me by going that extra 10 alt more.
My experience doesn't agree but if you want to make a video of conclusive evidence knock yourself out. I regularly take the 10 up to 950-1000 and get back down without cutting throttle at all. I know if I take the 35 up to 950 on Dalian I need to angle down and cut throttle to get back down, and over 1000 on Dalian makes my F35 needs the throttle cut full to get back down safely. Getting above 1000 in the 10 is risky too it can loose control.

They key is to have the very peak of your Split-S skimming the loss of control ceiling. This way you are actually just angling yourself down from the top of your loop as you hit the ceiling and you will come rocketing back down just fine, meanwhile if the other guy wasn't doing a loop like you are, he is going to go past the barrier and have to cut throttle and fall down, or go out of bounds. If you want to be sneaky, take your aggressive chaser near the edge of the border, do a Split-S right near the edge such that you are looping back into bounds and if you do it right, your chaser will go to high AND drift out of bounds, while you will either come down safely, or need to cut throttle but drift safely in bounds.

Anyways without a video, anything either of us says is pretty much hearsay, and the other problem is, how often does any of us fly against someone who knows what they are doing? Just because we see someone loose control at X height, doesn't mean shit, because who the fuck knows what they are doing, 90% of the people in this game are brain dead most of the time.
lt.jpsmith
+10|6273

Fredrik wrote:

Big load of crap
Right ..............  Thanks for the insight, I guess? I think u give Norway  rude name tho!
lt.jpsmith
+10|6273
This is for NEW Pilots not Advanced Ones!!!!! People who are not famillar with advanced avation tactics and dont have a Physics degree. Just Smiple.
Madhadda1
+270|6546|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
wow i just do a zero-g roll and gets them every time...
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

I dont agree with ya, the J10 is superior for sure, but the F18 isn't all that bad, its not a slow piece of shit, it turns reasonably well, and best of all it dodges missiles just like the J10 does so even if it's not as good its still hard to shoot down a good pilot in either vehicle. The best way to take out the F18 is with the MGs which indeed the J10 has an edge on for faster turning, but then that is why I said it had a mild edge in the first place. It takes a lot longer to MG someone down then fire and forget an F35. Unless they are a tard flying straight at times...

I'm speaking from experience not out of my ass, so feel free to disagree but that is what I have seen while flying.
I don't think I've ever been gunned down while flying a fighter.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard