ifandbut
+1|6268
and why wont anyone join my squad when I make it?

I wish people who are squad leader would consistantly give orders. Do people not realise that you get BONUS POINTS for fighting where the order says to? What should I be nameing my squad to tell people I am giveing orders? I usaly name it TeamWork but maybe I should put OrdersHere?

Maybe I should just give in and join a clan,
Ifandbut
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
Join mah squad.
Buzerk1
+44|6806
1) Send invites when you create a squad... people will join

2) Join my squad, I always give order... easy point and clic
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

join my squad .. i give orders
fasty77killa
+2|6497|Omaha NE
joining a squad in 2142 is ok if you use voice or have a s leader that knows what he is doing
our clan uses teamspeak which i think is the only way to play any fps with clanmates
very rarely do i find good squadies
too many people not used to the teamwork idea in 2142
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6358|New York

jsnipy wrote:

join my squad .. i give orders
or mine. i constantly give orders. sometimes overriding the commander if it's in our best interest.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6639

ifandbut wrote:

I wish people who are squad leader would consistantly give orders. Do people not realise that you get BONUS POINTS for fighting where the order says to? What should I be nameing my squad to tell people I am giveing orders? I usaly name it TeamWork but maybe I should put OrdersHere?

Ifandbut
Just invite people, particularly people wearing clan tags. If the people you clicked don't join, shout "Squad up!" in the team talk, and then invite another bunch of people. Works most of the time for me.
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6379|Espoo, Finland

Auqakuh2213 wrote:

ifandbut wrote:

Ifandbut
Just invite people, particularly people wearing clan tags. If the people you clicked don't join, shout "Squad up!" in the team talk, and then invite another bunch of people. Works most of the time for me.
Good hints but please stop inviting same people over and over again if they don't want to join.
IMO that's very annoying, especially if I already am in another squad.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker

Auqakuh2213 wrote:

Ditto.  Does help to join a clan, then you'll usually have people who will hop in.
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6639

B-Scimitar wrote:

Auqakuh2213 wrote:

ifandbut wrote:

Ifandbut
Good hints but please stop inviting same people over and over again if they don't want to join.
IMO that's very annoying, especially if I already am in another squad.
I usually click on a -different- bunch of people, but juggling driving/inviting can make things confusing sometimes.

(Yes, I could stop driving, but an engineer could also shoot me.)
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6561|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Everyone is already General.  There is no need to give orders because no one needs any career points.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

BabySpinach wrote:

Everyone is already General.  There is no need to give orders because no one needs any career points.
Quote for fucking truth.

The concept of teamwork is lost on a multitude of rank-satisfied players. I logged on 2 days ago, Just to be on a team almost full of Generals, just sniping. No squads. No commander.

I uninstalled it and broke the disc in half.
Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6358|Scotland
I do. Points FTW.
Magius5.0
+106|6351|UMass Amherst

stryyker wrote:

BabySpinach wrote:

Quote for fucking truth.

The concept of teamwork is lost on a multitude of rank-satisfied players. I logged on 2 days ago, Just to be on a team almost full of Generals, just sniping. No squads. No commander.

I uninstalled it and broke the disc in half.
I detect sarcasm.  Surely it isn't that bad--as long as you have clan mates or good buddies online, I don't think theres any chance of that happening.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6566|Michigan, USA
Pisses me offto see that as well, but then I just make my own squad, after you start kicking ass people just sorta seem to migrate into your squad, until your a walking wall of death, then it autoswitches you to another team...woe is BF

Those that dont give orders are noobs, stats fucked this game up something bad, miss the old BF, where people would play to play and work somewhat together rather then "I need this badge, get out of tank n00b!" or "OMG! WTF! Why you steal my jet, I own wit jet nub!", I miss the old days...
ifandbut
+1|6268

BabySpinach wrote:

I disagree, I am far from General and I'v been on alot of servers who were not general also.

I knew about the invite thing but I was not sure of useing it because I did not want to annoy people, but I will give it a try.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
If your'e going to invite people don't keep inviting the same ones.

It's really anoying.

I don't invite people,if they wanted to be in a squad they'd be in one by now is how i think.
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6639

jord wrote:

It's really anoying.

I don't invite people,if they wanted to be in a squad they'd be in one by now is how i think.
How is it annoying? You either ignore the message (I often don't even notice it) or press "no". Since there are advantages to being in a squad, and it's down to the squadleader to populate that squad, I think inviting is rather important. If there are six squads with one squad member, how do you choose?

By who invites you. Thus, who is willing to actually do their job. An invite is probably a good sign, not a bad one.

And if there are several fairly full squads, the commander doesn't have to repeatedly shout in the team chat to squad up already. :p
MrEzeuss
+26|6360|Nethterlands (ZH)
You can't find them, because of the pins, ribbons and awards.
These items make it so that almost everyone is doing their own thing on the battlefield.

What use is it when I'm trying to get my 30 Titan attack points that i have to leave the Titan to do what a commander says in order to gain team-points/commander bonus? How can i issue orders when I'm racing across the battlefield to get my road-kills?

That is why you can't find (m)any of them.

DICE would be wise to change the system in a way that it would benefit team-play.

Making it so that a Teamspeak or Ventrillo channel on a server can be accessed from within the game with the click of a button.
Maybe they should make it so that you can't earn pins ribbons awards, if you are not on a team.
And maybe they could even make it so that a award needs a certain amount of team-points to be able to be unlocked.
JovesApples
+4|6423|USA
yea, my recommendation was to penalize dead beat SL's with no orders issued

it comes down to pure laziness... if you cant even throw down a defense order you should not be a SL

the only thing you can do is spam the SL with order requests, or quit the squad and join/form another
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Join my squad. My favourite commo-rose command is 'Orders, sir?'
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6344|Florida, USA
Make a squad with a cool name, invite people to it, and be one of the first squads.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

Auqakuh2213 wrote:

jord wrote:

It's really anoying.

How is it annoying? You either ignore the message (I often don't even notice it) or press "no". Since there are advantages to being in a squad, and it's down to the squadleader to populate that squad, I think inviting is rather important. If there are six squads with one squad member, how do you choose?

By who invites you. Thus, who is willing to actually do their job. An invite is probably a good sign, not a bad one.

And if there are several fairly full squads, the commander doesn't have to repeatedly shout in the team chat to squad up already. :p
Well i find it annoying and i know others do.

I like to see the floor infront of me for APM's and RDX without some big bold writing in my way.To get rid of it have to take my finger off the mouse to press page down,and as we all know,the mouse is how you turn/fire.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6665|UK

jord wrote:

Auqakuh2213 wrote:

jord wrote:

It's really anoying.

Well i find it annoying and i know others do.

I like to see the floor infront of me for APM's and RDX without some big bold writing in my way.To get rid of it have to take my finger off the mouse to press page down,and as we all know,the mouse is how you turn/fire.
I agree with Jordan

and it is very annoying when the same guy invites me time and time again, and i end up lashing out "I DON'T WANT TO JOIN FUCKING DELTA SQUAD SO PISS OFF" or something like that
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6527|Brisbane, Aus

^ as said just send out invites but don't double send them to people.

once you have 2-3 members people will join you since you have squad members already so they can get in the game and get points quick, which is why i have more squad member time than lonewolf/squad leader/and command put together

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard