killaer
+41|6687
Are there any legal tweaks out there that can do that? I mean, sometimes I think that the view distance is simply not enough, I think an Nvidia 7950GT could handle alot more, so I was wondering are there any tweaks that you can make? Any files you can edit, etc?

LEGAL though, anything not punishable by EA or considered hacking/glitching/etc.?
Marinejuana
local
+415|6555|Seattle
That would definitely be considered cheating. Sorry!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

tweak your shader and light settings, you can see further this way.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6618|Norway

stryyker wrote:

tweak your shader and light settings, you can see further this way.
What do you mean tweak?

Btw i bought a new rig a month ago, so i run with much higher settings than before and it looks to me that i can see much longer even though i used to have 100% view before to.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6597|Warlord

Fredrik wrote:

Btw i bought a new rig a month ago, so i run with much higher settings than before and it looks to me that i can see much longer even though i used to have 100% view before to.
Yeah, I was just about to say that better graphics cards have a much greater ability to draw objects at long distances, even for the same settings.

So killaer, if you have a better-than-average graphics card then you're already doing better than a lot of guys with mid-range rigs.
Chillin&killin
+27|6645|Manchester,England
i see more when i turn geometry on high(can see stinger sites etc on wake further away)

but im not sure if every card will do the same
']['error
Banned
+630|6614|The Netherlands
yea can someone tell with wich graphic setting you get the best viewdistance?
Chillin&killin
+27|6645|Manchester,England

']['error wrote:

yea can someone tell with wich graphic setting you get the best viewdistance?
all i did was start high then turn down settings till i couldnt see something i could before

i realised i couldnt see the stinger site on the small island on wake, and the last thing i turned down was geometry.

i would say dont have shadows on or you wont see someone in a dark place.

sometimes its better to not have the best graphics card
.cat.
+4|6309

killaer wrote:

Are there any legal tweaks out there that can do that? I mean, sometimes I think that the view distance is simply not enough, I think an Nvidia 7950GT could handle alot more, so I was wondering are there any tweaks that you can make? Any files you can edit, etc?

LEGAL though, anything not punishable by EA or considered hacking/glitching/etc.?
View distance is only one piece of the puzzle.

goto your BF2 folder in my docs
/Mods/Profiles/xxx

Open your Video Con file

Find this line  >  VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 4

and change it to 4. 4 is superhigh. If you change any video settings in Option when the game is launched it will default back to 3 so once you make the change and save, dont change any options in game.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

.cat. wrote:

killaer wrote:

View distance is only one piece of the puzzle.

goto your BF2 folder in my docs
/Mods/Profiles/xxx

Open your Video Con file

Find this line  >  VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 4

and change it to 4. 4 is superhigh. If you change any video settings in Option when the game is launched it will default back to 3 so once you make the change and save, dont change any options in game.
and here we see the start of more bullshit rumors

ultra high does not work any more. Period. Try anything you want, and look at your "ultrahigh" BF2. Now reinstall, dont patch, and tweak to ultra high. The video settings page shows ultra high, and BF2 will actually look different.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

SargeV1.4 wrote:

and here we see the start of more bullshit rumors

ultra high does not work any more. Period. Try anything you want, and look at your "ultrahigh" BF2. Now reinstall, dont patch, and tweak to ultra high. The video settings page shows ultra high, and BF2 will actually look different.
Oh, didn't know that.
When and why have they removed it?
ECH
+50|6613|Some where near you
They removed it in the 1.4 or 1.41 patch update.  Not sure why they bothered to change it.

Last edited by ECH (2007-02-23 11:48:04)

deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6452

killaer wrote:

well it isnt agaisnt the law to tweak it in the first place
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

deadawakeing wrote:

killaer wrote:

Thats right. The Police will come around and arrest you, send you to jail etc for tweaking view distance.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

not actually a tweak, but useful.  Turn and look 45 degrees off for a bit and look at your edge.  Turn back and look for the red name tag.  Snipe away.
ECH
+50|6613|Some where near you
I've read some posts that suggested that the 8800 GTX extended your view distance.
Commie Killer
+192|6357
Geometry=High
Effects=Medium(helps to see the contrails when dogfighting)
View Distance=100%
Resolution=I like mine as high as possible.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6504|Edmonton Alberta

Commie Killer wrote:

Geometry=High
Effects=Medium(helps to see the contrails when dogfighting)
View Distance=100%
Resolution=I like mine as high as possible.
this is what i have mine set at and it seems you can see further than some people can
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6591|Gold coast, Aus.

fatherted13 wrote:

deadawakeing wrote:

killaer wrote:

Thats right. The Police will come around and arrest you, send you to jail etc for tweaking view distance.
he said isnt.
kn0ckahh
+98|6708|netherlands, sweet lake city
you want to see far, everything low    only geometry high and 6x AA

if you want to fly jets also put effects on high

Last edited by kn0ckahh (2007-02-24 10:22:33)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6805|Kubra, Damn it!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard