~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6339|Orrstrayleea
Snipers are'nt team players? I can remeber on many occasion that i have sniped someone who is laying C4 on a tank, i have 374 defended flags, i can remeber when all my team had left was the TV station and the hotel on Sharqi, a heli was raping the TV station so i ran outside with ma M95 and i shot the pilot. we then went on to take the construction site and the survailence post and won the round!
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6772
There is a group of ppl who whine for anything. Noobtube, jump and shoot, dolphin dive, G36E, claymore whoring etc. No matter what you do, and how you do it, you will be called names by these ppl.(I admit that in the early stages of my BF2 game i was one of them) So my advice to you: ignore them and play for fun.

About the sn][per server:
I think Sn][per Manders01 is right. There are server rules, if you dont like it then play somewhere else. reporting them to BFROE wont make anyone happy. Let them have fun too.
artofsurvival
Idiot!
+33|6374|the Great British Queendom :)
Hello all,
IMO, which is very meek, not long been playing! As a sniper I tend to spot players that are attacking my squad or squads on my team. Therefore they have more of a chance to defend a flag? Obviously if I can kill them I will but I find that spotting them first is far more important? I play with a lot of guys that don't like snipers "They're not team players" etc, etc: I've never seen a sniper that way as long as he is capable of covering my back, by spotting or killing lone wolfs etc: As has been said before, there are not many snipers that eill do this as there are only interested in kills, these are the snipers you should hate and kidnap!
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6696|In You Endo- Stoke
I love playing as sniper and very rarely stay on a hill somewhere.I prefer to be running around in a squad wth my pistol out.

Its makes a squad better if you have one person bringing up the rear(no pun) covering the everyone in front of them.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6638|Gold coast, Aus.

Manders01 wrote:

TechGuy wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

In Mash I was playing as a sniper and got temp banned for 24 hours, It said i was disturbing gameplay how? Later i found out sniping is not allowed. A ranked server that does'nt allow sniping wtf? Why the hell is it ranked it goes against the BFROE!
Sn][per clan server right? I got on their server for the first and last time yesterday. That is one effed up server with effed up rules. I got kicked for taking a flag, and "crossing the ravine" on Dragon. Will report to BFROE and I suggest you do the same.

/On topic:

Snipers are team players. They are good at defending flags and keeping heads down which is invaluable to a team's success.
TechGuy, I am a regular on the Sn][per server and am in fact a member of the group. The rules for the server are always scrolling and are clearly stated in the loading screen. If you do not like the rules, please feel free to play on any of the other servers out there. If your so inclined, log onto the forums and discuss it with the staff, or try our other non-sniping server. 99% of the time there is an admin on and as long as you are not behaving like a dolt, things can normally be ironed out.

I guess in the end, if you feel you must go whining to bfroe, whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy. Won't be the first time, won't be the last time.

As for snipers being hated, I think it all comes down to the vast majority who have'nt a clue how to play the kit that give the really good snipers a bad rap. Just play on and have fun with it. If they think snipers suck ass, put one between their eyes. ;-)

Peace out,

Sn][per Manders01
The fuck? Am i reading this right? Your clan is called sn][per, you yourself have 190 hours of sniping, closest other kit has 11 hours, but your server rules include "no sniping"
reaper_654
confused??
+36|6313|ohio,USA

Lasdferret wrote:

Its going to happen with any kit, just live with it. No matter what kit, I've even been whined at because I used the assault kit. Just remember, you're almost always in the right. Whiny idiots will whine.
true
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6638|Gold coast, Aus.

reaper_654 wrote:

Lasdferret wrote:

Its going to happen with any kit, just live with it. No matter what kit, I've even been whined at because I used the assault kit. Just remember, you're almost always in the right. Whiny idiots will whine.
true
Yea.

anti tank = omgwtf stupid eryxer
spec ops = omgwtf c4 whore noob
support = omgwtf nade spammer/pkm spammer
medic = omgwtf g36e whore (although, its granted)
sniper = omgwtf noob camper whore no teamwork fag
assault = omgwtf noob tuber
engy = omgwtf shotgun whorenoob/vehicle whorenoob

then, insert any vehicle with the same method, then insert any weapon with the same method, then insert everything in the game with the same method.
Longbow
+163|6664|Odessa, Ukraine

genius_man16 wrote:

Why do snipers face that crap you ask?

Because 99.9% of snipers are shit at what they do and are a waste of a slot.  Sniper like you (who, if you are telling the truth) can get 2nd place IAR by only sniping, are VERY rare.

You are just unfortunately good at a kit that almost no one can use effectively, and is the kit of choice for n00bs
My point , exactly . +1
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6341|Graz, Austria
But isn't it against the EULA to have a ranked server running and and admins enforcing all of these extra rules by kicking/banning players?

That means any rules that are not standard options you can set in the server.
So technically "no baseraping" or "no car-tillery" rules are illegal as well.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6344|Australia
I have been whinged at for going sniper. I was on Mashtuur, and just joined a squad. I had the dragunov and was going in to cap backyard with the rest of the team, and my SL says "dragon, find another kit or find another squad!"
I considered TKing him for being a whiny bitch and then forming my own squad, but then decided that sniper wasn't the best kit to cap flags with, semi-auto or not (I picked up a medic kit instead).

But yeah, if someone is being pwned, they will never blame themselves - for moving too slow, for being innaccurate, etc - but rather blame something out of they're control - hax, the weapon the enemy is using, lag, etc.
If they're on the other team, and they're giving you shit, do yourself a favour and give them a new worst enemy. If one of your team mates gives you shit, TK them and laugh.
ssonrats
+221|6662
I play sniper because it's fun.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6506|Gogledd Cymru

I FOR ONE WILL UNITE WITH YOU AND STOP SNIPEISM FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL !!

thank you
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6480|A W S M F O X
Sniping is the ultimate skill in BF2, think about it.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6439|San Antonio, TX

TechGuy wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

In Mash I was playing as a sniper and got temp banned for 24 hours, It said i was disturbing gameplay how? Later i found out sniping is not allowed. A ranked server that does'nt allow sniping wtf? Why the hell is it ranked it goes against the BFROE!
Sn][per clan server right? I got on their server for the first and last time yesterday. That is one effed up server with effed up rules. I got kicked for taking a flag, and "crossing the ravine" on Dragon. Will report to BFROE and I suggest you do the same.

/On topic:

Snipers are team players. They are good at defending flags and keeping heads down which is invaluable to a team's success.
I was kicked from the Sn][per server for being a medic.  Bunch of idiots just standing on different sides of the river shooting at each other.  (And it is against BFROE to force anyone to use any particular kit.)

And also take into consideration... there are people who think they need to run around and cap as many flags as possible, there are people that don't like them because they think it's more important to just K as many baddies as you can to reduce their tickets to 0. 

As a sniper I'll admit I don't cap as many flags as I do with the other kits, but I try to take care of the team mates by spotting, and I will go and take a flag if I see the team is running low on spawn points.

Just listen to what most people are saying, you bought the game, play it your way.  Heck with what other people think.

Last edited by silo1180 (2007-02-23 05:57:47)

David.P
Banned
+649|6291

thtthht wrote:

Snipers are a part of the game.
Plus, snipers can be a team player.
With a SVD, I always support my squad at a distance of 5 to 90 yards in Karkland.
Once, I killed an assult with a svd 5 yards away.
To show that you are a team player, why don't you occasionally spot enemies for your team?
You don't akways have to hit the guy, especially with a semi- auto.
Just scare him by rapid firing at close ranges.
I do spot enemies but most of the time i already killed them, Svd is real good for city sniping especially on mash and ghost, I cant tell you how many times i've freaked out an enemy soldier with the svd.(Especially those in choppers)
David.P
Banned
+649|6291

genius_man16 wrote:

Why do snipers face that crap you ask?

Because 99.9% of snipers are shit at what they do and are a waste of a slot.  Sniper like you (who, if you are telling the truth) can get 2nd place IAR by only sniping, are VERY rare.

You are just unfortunately good at a kit that almost no one can use effectively, and is the kit of choice for n00bs
Thats true when i was new i always used to whine about how people hacked(Still do sometimes when they land impossible shots, 300m headshot with svd only person i know who can do that is Truta_SniperFromHell 86% accuracy) Well i only got 2nd place once mostly i get 3rd and 4th but the shit form the other team is still the same. Funny most noobs go for medic in bf2 not sniper from my observations.
David.P
Banned
+649|6291

devildogfo wrote:

Heh, kind of funny that sniping was controversial for most of the 20th century too.

Agreed, nothing wrong with sniping (as you can see from my stats ). A good sniper is extremely effective when employed correctly. A bad sniper, well, waste of manpower.
And waste of bullets, I hate noob snipers who take so many shots with their rifle and just waste ammo they got me killed so many times(Revealed our position) thats why i always snipe alone with any bolt action.

Manders01 wrote:

TechGuy wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

/On topic:

TechGuy, I am a regular on the Sn][per server and am in fact a member of the group. The rules for the server are always scrolling and are clearly stated in the loading screen. If you do not like the rules, please feel free to play on any of the other servers out there. If your so inclined, log onto the forums and discuss it with the staff, or try our other non-sniping server. 99% of the time there is an admin on and as long as you are not behaving like a dolt, things can normally be ironed out.

I guess in the end, if you feel you must go whining to bfroe, whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy. Won't be the first time, won't be the last time.

As for snipers being hated, I think it all comes down to the vast majority who have'nt a clue how to play the kit that give the really good snipers a bad rap. Just play on and have fun with it. If they think snipers suck ass, put one between their eyes. ;-)

Peace out,

Sn][per Manders01
Right and we're supposed to believe that? I talked to alot of people who got kicked for owning you guys plain and simple, Your clan just annoys me with these stupid rules. I dont need to talk about it with your admins i get the impression your all a bunch of 12 year olds(No offense to the good 12 year old players i know Marty,bloody,DiGGy best three 12 year old's i've ever played with) But i'm gonna stay away
until the clan shapes up with those rules. Manders01 no offense to you personally i have'nt seen you play but i would like too play a fellow sniper like you. Pm me if you wanna fight.

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

Snipers are'nt team players? I can remeber on many occasion that i have sniped someone who is laying C4 on a tank, i have 374 defended flags, i can remeber when all my team had left was the TV station and the hotel on Sharqi, a heli was raping the TV station so i ran outside with ma M95 and i shot the pilot. we then went on to take the construction site and the survailence post and won the round!
Peter what was the score when the heli was raping? I turned a round around once on kark from 220mec(Us) to 280usmc(Them) we had only 3 flags left and we won cause i kept sniping them from square.

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

I have been whinged at for going sniper. I was on Mashtuur, and just joined a squad. I had the dragunov and was going in to cap backyard with the rest of the team, and my SL says "dragon, find another kit or find another squad!"
I considered TKing him for being a whiny bitch and then forming my own squad, but then decided that sniper wasn't the best kit to cap flags with, semi-auto or not (I picked up a medic kit instead).

But yeah, if someone is being pwned, they will never blame themselves - for moving too slow, for being innaccurate, etc - but rather blame something out of they're control - hax, the weapon the enemy is using, lag, etc.
If they're on the other team, and they're giving you shit, do yourself a favour and give them a new worst enemy. If one of your team mates gives you shit, TK them and laugh.
See what i mean i would've just tk'ed the bastard and left.(Did it so many times)

ssonrats wrote:

I play sniper because it's fun.
And deadly.

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-02-23 07:01:37)

David.P
Banned
+649|6291

JET_G raidensen wrote:

Sniping is the ultimate skill in BF2, think about it.
Yeah it is if you can land headshot after headshot (Like me) When theres an apc and a heli right next to you looking for you and not lose your cool then ya it's a great skill.
fisher339
+0|6689
i don't mind snipers, they help alot.

however, I hate when half the team is snipers.I would rather have half the team be support/assault for on reason.

Fire supremacy, its what the US uses against the Insurgents in Iraq.

Sure a few well placed shots are nice, but a wall of lead is better.

Last edited by fisher339 (2007-02-23 06:58:14)

mrlonewolf001
+1|6309

BigmacK wrote:

As a sniper, you'll face this alot. Don't worry about it.

Seriously. Ignore them. Play like you normall do.
true
BL4CKL10N
+66|6299
Snipers aren't teamplayers?

Well, maybe you are right, but I always fight with my team. I'm usually the first guy who attack a flag or an enemy. They use claymores to defend their teammates and they can avoid enemy nade attacks...They are very important for a good team.

If you think that sniper is only for long range, then you are wrong. I always use my M95 and run across streets, over great fields...One shot, and two shots with pistol...This way you can take down any enemies.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6684

Locoloki wrote:

sometimes, all the flags are captured except for the one i am defending

really sucks cause no one goes to cap flags and 90 % of the time the team with the most snipers will lose.
Irony...

But on topic, I'm normally the squad sniper and frequently get thanks from my squad mates for counter-sniping, spotting, taking out support, and covering their ass.  On occassion, I'm the last man standing who will take the flag.  Or defend a flag until I get reinforcements.  Or keep the enemy from advancing using everything in my arsenal.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6367|Iowa...
well if you're a sniper that just sits in one spot the whole round and doesn't help with capping flags or anything that's when i get pissed,but it doesn't sound like you do this.snipers in squads can be very useful because they can scout ahead and take out(or at least badly injure) enemy troops,making everything easier on the squad.sounds like you just ran into a bunch of douchebags.
David.P
Banned
+649|6291

aj0404 wrote:

well if you're a sniper that just sits in one spot the whole round and doesn't help with capping flags or anything that's when i get pissed,but it doesn't sound like you do this.snipers in squads can be very useful because they can scout ahead and take out(or at least badly injure) enemy troops,making everything easier on the squad.sounds like you just ran into a bunch of douchebags.
I only stay in one place and get kills if the teammates are noobs which deserve to lose or if it's in ghost town i just camp on where the heli's spawn and dont let noone get into the air form their team so atleast i'm helping a bit.
Manders01
+1|6601|Reno, Nevada
OK, one at a time..

Gene_Pool wrote:
"The fuck? Am i reading this right? Your clan is called sn][per, you yourself have 190 hours of sniping, closest other kit has 11 hours, but your server rules include "no sniping""

Gene_Pool, Our server rules are "sniper only" Not the other way around. No not all 190 hours have been spent there. Maybe, at the outside, 40 hours.

Silo1180 Wrote:
"I was kicked from the Sn][per server for being a medic.  Bunch of idiots just standing on different sides of the river shooting at each other.  (And it is against BFROE to force anyone to use any particular kit.)"

Silo1180, Don't you think there are enough servers out there to cater to your style of game-play? Sniper only just happens to be ours. Play how you want and we'll play how we want. That simple.

David.Podedworny Wrote:

"Right and we're supposed to believe that? I talked to alot of people who got kicked for owning you guys plain and simple, Your clan just annoys me with these stupid rules. I dont need to talk about it with your admins i get the impression your all a bunch of 12 year olds(No offense to the good 12 year old players i know Marty,bloody,DiGGy best three 12 year old's i've ever played with) But i'm gonna stay away
until the clan shapes up with those rules. Manders01 no offense to you personally i haven't seen you play but i would like too play a fellow sniper like you. Pm me if you wanna fight."

First of all, no offense taken. Second, we are not a "Clan". Just a group that likes to hang out and play the sniper kit. Third, you HAVE to be 18 to join the group. All minor points really. I'm' not here to flame anybodies style of game play. It's real simple. If you do not like the rules, move on. Find a server that caters to your style. Personally I find the "no attacking the un-cap" rule lame as hell. But that's just me. I'll find a server that has balls to the walls...all out kick ass when I play regular servers. And yes, I would like to play with/against you. I'll add you to my leader board and keep an eye out for ya. I love a good challenge :-)

Play-on...

Sn][per Manders01

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard