BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6295|Malaysia
I don't mind waiting in line for the chopper (since I'm not a very good evasive chopper pilot but a better gunner) but if I get a bad pilot (who cant line up for TV shots once I help him spot AA or tanks) I'd just leave the chopper.

Remember, practicing on SP against bots isn't much good since they're not every good at prioritizing targets nor do they make good gunners since all they ever use is the autocannon on the chopper.

I'd agree that newbies should at least practice a bit more offline and get some combat experience before coming to play it online,but if they are denied the right to at least try to learn the finer points of piloting/gunning then all we'll get are noob pilots/gunners !
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK
I give you three chances if you really can't hit shit, I just go ground pounding and let you have the heli on your own lol.
MrWeeyums
+3|6399|NY

globefish23 wrote:

I had one of those morons on Operation Smokescreen today.
His name was "King 8udwiser" (a 2nd Lt) or something like that (didn't find his stats).

When someone entered the gunner seat he turned the chopper upside down, bailed out and crashed the chopper and killed the gunner.
Once he even teamkilled someone that had started a dispute about his behaviour.
When someone crashed a plane into his chopper he started complaining.

Changing seats in the choppers is the single most ridiculous thing in this game. It should definitely get patched out.
If it was 8udwieser I know exactly what youre talking about.  I just remember the name from a match i played with him last summer.  He was a karkand medic whore and whined every time he got killed.  His name stuck in my head cause he mustve spent half the match typing insults to everyone.  Now it looks like hes been flyin chopper in sharqi.
~Ryan
Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6240|Man Diego

I think it is funny that people start yelling bail out without giving the gunner a chance.  Unless I have played with the pilot before, I will generally C4 the copter (as long as I am Spec Ops).  I gladly get out and let the chopper fly away, well not too far away.  It is even better if no one is using the mobile AA.  It just adds one more copter for me to hunt.

Although,  I do fully agree with the pilots that give the noob a chance to gun and start to get frustrated that they keep dying.  The noob should respect the fact that he isn't living up to his end and go find something else to do if he isn't getting his pilot any kills.
lightpost
+0|6240
i would have stayed in -- although i guess he would just get you killed anyways...
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6381|the land of bourbon

Perv3rt wrote:

Although,  I do fully agree with the pilots that give the noob a chance to gun and start to get frustrated that they keep dying.  The noob should respect the fact that he isn't living up to his end and go find something else to do if he isn't getting his pilot any kills.
QFT
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
l41e
+677|6648

All I hear in this thread is "OMG MAI N00B GUNAR ISNT GETIN ME MAI L33T STATPOINTZ".
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6328

^k30dxedle, go act like an idiot elsewhere. But, frankly its up to you to be an idiot everywhere you go.

For a few its about stats and points and KDR. But for most its about getting a good friend or a good stranger in the chopper with you, and going on a good ol' adrenaline induced rampaging.

I think its more about having fun and barely making it out alive. Rushing the battlefield and blowing up all units on the ground while dodging enemy missiles and taking cover from machine gun fire. Mostly making it out alive and keeping your teammates on the ground free to roam and from worry of enemy tanks/apcs.

I think its also about building some kind of comradery online. When you play with strangers and they all enjoy playing with you, joining your squad, working together and following orders, it becomes infinitely greater then solo chopper whoring. If you chopper whore, you are dispensable to your team. If you got a great squad, you have an invaluable asset to the team.

my 2cents.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
=KAW=Mac
+5|6245|STL, MO

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

As far as solo guys, F them. If a pilot has another gunner he wants to work with, I will get out if they have the same clan tags, since chances are they are on Ventrilo or Teamspeak and working together as a team.
That's the only reason I would get out for someone. But if they're just being an ass trying to solo-pilot, F them.
Ten24Alpha420
Yes I Cannabis
+13|6326
Hey T.Pike.

Most times those people telling you to get out are just selfish idiots. Other times they are not satisfied with your skills or want to pick up a clan member of thiers. Thats the only acceptable time that I bail. If I see XYZ clan member is the pilot and I jump to gun but I then see XYZ clan member waiting to get in, I bail.

Join the pilots squad if he is in one, if not make one and invite him (then leave and rejoin so you can spawn on him). It's a lot easier to be able to use voip then type in a battle.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

As far as solo guys, F them. If a pilot has another gunner he wants to work with, I will get out if they have the same clan tags, since chances are they are on Ventrilo or Teamspeak and working together as a team.
Win, but if someone has proven they are a good solo pilot and actually work for the team and don't fly 300m high only waiting for the enemy chopper to take off, then I'll get out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard