[M]Chicken
+1|6674|Texas
I'll give you a cookie if you can figure this one out!

I installed COD2 on my PC. After installing I tried to run BF1942 and now it wont work. I cant start the game via the CD or the shortcut on the desktop. Running XP Pro o/s.

This happened a while back to another guy and we assumed it was his CD rom, installed another one. When that didnt fix it, I found a similar post and there was a registry entry that I had to remove. For the life of me, I cant find out which part to remove now.

Other information - BF1942.exe runs as a process now, not an application, running XP pro o/s, have 2 CD-DVD's on the box, no modification to BF 1942, no hacks, cheats, etc.

Seriously if someone can help me with this I will make it worth your while!

Chicken
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6741|The 70's
Not sure i really get what youre asking, but if you have a problem with Autorun, and you definately have it enabled on the drive, then go to the microsoft site, they have a patch to solve/repair this.
Are you talking about BF2 or BF1942?
Can you start the game at all? Go to My Computer and click on the drive you have BF on, or launch from program list. Have you tried this?
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6838|-
I would try a fresh install if all else fails.
[M]Chicken
+1|6674|Texas
Thanks for the responses....

1. I uninstalled and reinstalled, used JV16 to remove any trace of BF42, to no avail.

2. I've tried running it any way you can imagine. I am ticked because I figured this out once before for one of our players, but neither he nor I can recall wtf we did

I found it on a forum once, but I have googled, searched, done everything I can think of, but cannot for the life of me find the post on another forum that fixed it.

I recall going into the registry and removing a line, but its all greek to me.

Tonite I plan on removing it once again and reinstalling everything. I think when I installed COD2 it fooked it up. I removed COD as well, still no workie!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard