higezzzz
+8|6486
Im having some trouble with swooping down and shooting missles to destroy enemy viechles or stationary choppers. ( i have no problem in the air but to the ground i either go too fast [running into the ground] or miss).

Can someone give a quick rundown of somthing i should do? ( i.e. drop altitude to near hover or sumtin)
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6784|The United Center
Just pull up sooner.  Also, don't go vertical with the choppers.  Maybe start off from a lower altitude and shoot from a bit farther away.  That way, you're shooting at, say, a 30 degree angle, instead of an 85 degree angle.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6516|Trondheim, Norway
Training, training, training, that will make u good! If you think it's very difficult you should maybe try an hour on singleplayer, just practicing that move
ecnerwaL[det]
+4|6359
Your angle of attack is too steep.  Give ThomasMorgan's advice a go.

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Just pull up sooner.  Also, don't go vertical with the choppers.  Maybe start off from a lower altitude and shoot from a bit farther away.  That way, you're shooting at, say, a 30 degree angle, instead of an 85 degree angle.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6744|67.222.138.85
If you are right on top of a target and need to get down quickly, go into a steep vertical dive but spin, then once you get about 20m above the target pull out sideways so you are going in circles around the target, and then from there you should know how to circle and can use your rockets more like you would in the air.
Ghost_of_Viking
+11|6518
the lower you aproach the easier it is to hit just make sure the tank is looking the other way, and with time youl get a feel for the pilot missiles and will be able to hit from bout any angle
AH1Z SOCOM GHOST
+32|6680|Minnesota

Emil_the_Slayer wrote:

Training, training, training, that will make u good! If you think it's very difficult you should maybe try an hour on singleplayer, just practicing that move
Yes. Go in an empty server, and practice on non moving targets. I know this isnt the same, but it will give you an idea on what works, and what doesn't.

Also, try setting the senceitivy up a bit, this will help make the chopper react faster.
Emil
Teh strogg!

AH1Z SOCOM GHOST wrote:

Emil_the_Slayer wrote:

Yes. Go in an empty server, and practice on non moving targets. I know this isnt the same, but it will give you an idea on what works, and what doesn't.

Also, try setting the senceitivy up a bit, this will help make the chopper react faster.
Listen to him, he is for sure an expert at this
too_money2007
+145|6345|Keller, Tx
That, and make sure you throttle up to get the power to get back into the sky.

Or, this is how I'd do it.

F2, Right click, tv missile, F1. Easier than swooping down... I can do it all effectively though.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6459|San Antonio, TX

too_money2007 wrote:

F2, Right click, tv missile, F1. Easier than swooping down... I can do it all effectively though.
Do you stay high up when soloing?  How do I keep the chopper from going out of control when I switch to the gunner seat?
Emil
Teh strogg!

silo1180 wrote:

too_money2007 wrote:

Do you stay high up when soloing?  How do I keep the chopper from going out of control when I switch to the gunner seat?
The chopper is going upwards after u switch seat, if your not just above the ground, there's almost never any danger of crashing when soloing
too_money2007
+145|6345|Keller, Tx

silo1180 wrote:

too_money2007 wrote:

I only stay high up when I'm dueling it out with another chopper or jet.

If I'm going for ground troops or tanks, depending on the situation, I'll swoop in for the kill.

Watch my vids, I haven't gotten a chance to make my solo MG vid yet though. You can see the rest from this video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBEOKnJABW8

Also, if you're strafing clockwise in the helo on a target, if you jump into the gunners seat, you'll notice that the helo will continue on it's path clockwise, depending on how high the throttle was when you switched, for a least 2-5 seconds, giving you ample time to either tv your target, or blanket the area in MG rounds. Learning the fundamentals on how the helo reacts to different situations will make you a better pilot/gunner too.

Last edited by too_money2007 (2007-02-19 14:03:38)

too_money2007
+145|6345|Keller, Tx

Emil_the_Slayer wrote:

silo1180 wrote:

too_money2007 wrote:

The chopper is going upwards after u switch seat, if your not just above the ground, there's almost never any danger of crashing when soloing
Except if you do it in a bad position and you swing into a building or something similar.
ssonrats
+221|6682
Put shit loads of lead on stuff with the hellfires, practice where you need to aim on singleplayer dalian or dragon.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6475
Never fly at em, just spin circles around em.  Learn to aim while spinning and you'll devestate ground targets with dumb rockets.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard