Jamalen
+2|6762|Shetland Islands
Tried to play yesterday..

Only had 200 Servers on my list on BF2 and only about 30 on BF2SF! (v1.41).

And 99% of these bloody servers where IO!

Now, I enjoy IO.. its fun and more even handed then BF2 normally is, but come on guys vehicles are half the game, I miss the Humvees and the Dunebuggys etc etc...

Is BF2 Dying now with BF2142 out there on the shelves? Will I log on tomorrow and only find 150 servers.. hell only a few months ago I would come online and find 2000 servers to choose from...

Anyone else notice that this game seems moribund now?

--Alec
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6825|The planet Tophet
alright im a fuckin idiot

Last edited by *TS*tphai (2007-02-19 17:23:54)

Ghost_of_Viking
+11|6500

Jamalen wrote:

Tried to play yesterday..

Is BF2 Dying now with BF2142 out there on the shelves? Will I log on tomorrow and only find 150 servers.. hell only a few months ago I would come online and find 2000 servers to choose from...

--Alec
get newest patch and you will still find over 2000 servers?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6649|Washington, DC

With ranked, populated, and some other stuff checked I get about 600 BF2 servers. Granted, some are in places like UK, Benelux, Germany, Switzerland, Australia, etc but there's a decent amount of servers for everything. But it's true, IO is a plague in BF2's server population.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6669|Keyboard
This can be your friend when you canĀ“t find non IO servers.

Last edited by Yaocelotl (2007-02-19 10:12:35)

MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6615

*TS*tphai wrote:

umm first its Dieing. not dying thats like color...
also i dont think its dieing i got like 2000 servers on mine and some io
check your filters
Nope, it's "dying".
Jello.01
+46|6627|DFW, Texas

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

*TS*tphai wrote:

check your filters
Nope, it's "dying".
Jamalen
+2|6762|Shetland Islands
In fact when I was playing yesterday I couldn't seem to find a single NON-IO server out there that didn't have a ping of less then 300ms...

And on BF2SF their wasn't a single normal game.. all IO

I will have to try that game monitor URL... Or maybe move onto unranked servers, so I can enjoy playing against all the Aimbot-ing Wallhackers that I hear populate the unranked servers..

Last edited by Jamalen (2007-02-19 10:19:11)

Hurricane
Banned

Jamalen wrote:

In fact when I was playing yesterday I couldn't seem to find a single NON-IO server out there that didn't have a ping of less then 300ms...

And on BF2SF their wasn't a single normal game.. all IO

I will have to try that game monitor URL... Or maybe move onto unranked servers, so I can enjoy playing against all the Aimbot-ing Wallhackers that I hear populate the unranked servers..
Unranked servers still have PunkBuster on them..

There surely must be some good servers near you that don't run IO.
Smitty5613
+46|6545|Middle of nowhere, California

Jello.01 wrote:

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

*TS*tphai wrote:

check your filters
Nope, it's "dying".
i dont care wich it is.... but im gonna say "no, its dieing u dumbass!" just to start an argument....
Jamalen
+2|6762|Shetland Islands
Unfortuately I'm in the Shetland Islands... the most remote northern outpost of the United Kindom.... I have to Play Norway/Austrian/UK servers..... And even a most of the UK servers are high pings... (being 1000 miles from London is a bitch)
Hurricane
Banned

You have to play Norwegian servers? Play on TV2. They've got a server for each vanilla BF2 map except Songhua (sadly). They've also got Armored Fury servers. It's quite nice. BattleRecorder is also enabled. Just be warned: they kick for saying "noob" for some odd reason.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6464|The Land of Scott Walker
I've only played BF2 twice since 2142 came out, so yes vanilla is dying.  SF or BF2 mods are not, however.  Project Reality, POE2, and then long awaited Forgotten Hope 2 are good.
cablecopulate
+449|6757|Massachusetts.

*TS*tphai wrote:

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha.
AH1Z SOCOM GHOST
+32|6662|Minnesota
Im not shure if I'd say dieing. Do alot less people play it these days YES, for shure. My enrollment date is 2005-10-31 21:34:00. I can remember durring this time, and 6-8 months or so after the average server count, with people playing was in the 1000 - 1400 range, at night around 6:00 central time. Now its 600 - 800, and drops off to around 400 - 500ish beond 10:00 PM

On the weekends it was in the, if not close to 2000+, and now its in the 800 - 1000 range. Here's an interesting thing though. Do a search with all the filters OFF. You will find that there is still ALOT of servers out there, but just have no one in them.

Talking about contributing factors to this...

1) EA changing game play realy pissed alot of people off. After the 1.3 patch alot of people left. I can remember some one posting a video of him shooting his copy of BF2 with a BB gun...

2) 2142. Yes with 2142 out, a number of people that were pissed at BF2, found what they were looking for in 2142. So some of the BF2 community went to 2142.

3) Time. In time, people just got board of BF2, and moved on to a whole other game. It happens.

Me, Ill be playing BF2 for shure, at least another year. Im wating for DX10, and games for that to come out, but untill then, even after over 1000 hours I still find BF2 alot of fun.
Jamalen
+2|6762|Shetland Islands
Aye I remember TV2 from a few month back, haven't seen them on my lists recently.. I'll dig up their URL and try and get on there tonight.. thanks!

Haven't been in an APC for about 3 weeks..
zeidmaan
+234|6434|Vienna

IO had a horrible impact on the game. Thank God they realised that and never implemented it in 2142. Many people enjoy simplicity hence the 24/7 Karkand IO FF off mania. I just cant figure out why they picked a complex shooter like BF in the first place.
(complex as in compared to other shooters)
Jamalen
+2|6762|Shetland Islands
I WAS tempted to move onto BF2142.. but I'm not really into the Sci-Fi side of it.. I'm a Modern Combat freak and as I have used a few of the weapons in BF2 in real life (G36, M16, MP5, M9) I feel more comfortable with them..

I remember that Patch 1.2 was amazing (thats the one where Anti-Aircraft missile worked for the first time I think..) and I didn't see ANY reason for any more patches to be released.. but they just kept 'em coming..

BF2 may well die shortly.. But I plan to be around playing it for a good long while yet! (even if I'm doomed to Austrian IO servers with only 16 players I will still play on..)
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
ok stop making fun of my bad grammer
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6477|behind my rifle

*TS*tphai wrote:

check your filters
The_Jester
+52|6510|Italy

Jamalen wrote:

Unfortuately I'm in the Shetland Islands... the most remote northern outpost of the United Kindom.... I have to Play Norway/Austrian/UK servers..... And even a most of the UK servers are high pings... (being 1000 miles from London is a bitch)
Cool, didn't know there was some human beings up there in the middle of nowhere.

Well, iceland is even more in the middle of nowhere, but it doesn't looks so, hmmm, lonesome.
And small.
Afrika_18
+26|6561

Jamalen wrote:

I WAS tempted to move onto BF2142.. but I'm not really into the Sci-Fi side of it.. I'm a Modern Combat freak and as I have used a few of the weapons in BF2 in real life (G36, M16, MP5, M9) I feel more comfortable with them..

I remember that Patch 1.2 was amazing (thats the one where Anti-Aircraft missile worked for the first time I think..) and I didn't see ANY reason for any more patches to be released.. but they just kept 'em coming..

BF2 may well die shortly.. But I plan to be around playing it for a good long while yet! (even if I'm doomed to Austrian IO servers with only 16 players I will still play on..)
its not sci-fi like star-trek or star wars.  Closer to Battlestar Galactica.
pebblebash
Banned
+9|6296
Game monitor FTW!

It was when 1.3 came out and all the CTDs started happening, there was a sudden drop in battlefield 2 players.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
ok why the hell did someone give me karma and say this
"your retarded for saying it's "dieing" dont correct other people when you are retarded yourself, you stupid fuck"

i mean it was a mistake i thought it was dieing sorry im such and idiot gosh lol at least i dont give karma and yell at someone i give karma for what its soposed to be for Thanking someone or complementing them..
Mad Ad
+178|6530|England, UK
You can always tell when a game is thriving when people post questions like this

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard