globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6354|Graz, Austria
I had two strange experiences:

1) A friend and me had just captured the construction site flag on Sharqui Peninsula and were running towards the TV station. I jumped off the edge of the house, my friend behind me.
Just when I wanted to open the parachute, it seemed as my friend stomped on my head midair and teamkilled me.

2) I was parachuting down towards the Plaza flag as SAS on Warlord and fired on an Insurgent below (and hit him with a few bullets). I then landed right on top of him and killed him with a [=23=] as the "weapon".
Strange thing is that the next death after this incident I got gunned down with the same [=23=] as the weapon.

Were these two kills caused by stomping the player? Does the [=23=] designate a stomping kill or is it just something random?

Last edited by globefish23 (2007-02-18 06:58:27)

CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6686|The View From The Afternoon
Yes. I once jumped out of a helicopter on Gulf Of Oman to knife a sniper on a roof, but somehow managed to land right on top of him with my parachute. Just said Me [Killed] Him
Krysiss
+15|6504|NL

globefish23 wrote:

I had two strange experiences:

1) A friend and me had just captured the construction site flag on Sharqui Peninsula and were running towards the TV station. I jumped off the edge of the house, my friend behind me.
Just when I wanted to open the parachute, it seemed as my friend stomped on my head midair and teamkilled me.

2) I was parachuting down towards the Plaza flag as SAS on Warlord and fired on an Insurgent below (and hit him with a few bullets). I then landed right on top of him and killed him with a [=23=] as the "weapon".
Strange thing is that the next death after this incident I got gunned down with the same [=23=] as the weapon.

Were these two kills caused by stomping the player? Does the [=23=] designate a stomping kill or is it just something random?
I killed ine clanmates in a important match because I jumped precisly on their heads.
I was lucky that I was medic but we lost sometime.
Snoopie66
To kill you i like!
+19|6563|Berlin, Germany
[=23=] is defenitly the prefix of that guy, and no weapon.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6354|Graz, Austria

Snoopie66 wrote:

Oh, didn't think of that. Sounds reasonable.
Could it be that there is no kill method message in square brackets at all then? Or have I just overlooked it?
Delphy
+45|6615|Bristol, UK
Yeah, it's [killed] because it's like a roadkill.
jord
+2,382|6708|The North, beyond the wall.
It's the parachute not your head.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6559|Belgium
Parachute = vehicle

Vehicle > your head
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6769|Comber, Northern Ireland
maybe the 23 thing is the name for your boots in bf2 lol
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6354|Graz, Austria

jord wrote:

It's the parachute not your head.
Hmm...
I did die instantly midair though and didn't fall to the ground because he hit my parachute.
Audio
+130|6562|Orlando, FL

CruZ4dR wrote:

Yes. I once jumped out of a helicopter on Gulf Of Oman to knife a sniper on a roof, but somehow managed to land right on top of him with my parachute. Just said Me [Killed] Him
Why on earth would you jump out of a chopper simply to knife a sniper?
Drexel
+43|6506|Philadelphia
You don't even need a parachute...

I've died a bunch of times in sharki when I'm taking the TV station flag.  Some sniper feels like parachuting down to try to kill me, but ends up hitting the building and just free falling.  The impact kills us both.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6686|The View From The Afternoon

Audio wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

Why on earth would you jump out of a chopper simply to knife a sniper?
Why on earth not? It's just a game. Just total ownage.
Spazz
+7|6596
isn't this something like when u fly into a guys parachute you die ?
Fredline
+13|6650|Seattle, WA
And the bitch of it is, if you land on a team mate & kill him you cannot revive him
I tried...felt really guilty...*pushes 'I'm Sorry' button 20X then runs away*
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6525|Sydney, Australia

Snoopie66 wrote:

What movie is your sig from?
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6816|Bulgaria

Once I TKed a guy with a stomp, that really surprised me, and I think he punished me!!! OMFG?!?!
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6383|Troy, New York
That just happened 2 me yesterday on warlord, @ parachute spawn point (obviously) got killed by some banging me on the head.
docnutz
+39|6789|B O S T ON area
On warlord I witnessed a SAS member land on his teamates chute and was standing on it the entire ride down!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard