[M]Chicken
+1|6677|Texas

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

[M]Chicken wrote:

This will be a real shocker to the "potty mouth" guy, but my son owns a shotgun, a deer rifle, and a Henry mini-bolt  22. He shoots a bb gun in the back yard as well, all under my close supervision. I own over 25 firearms (mostly WWII vintage stuff, but thats a story by itself ), and my son enjoys going to the local shooting club with me and punching holes in paper targets a couple times a year.
Off topic: Do you really think that a 6 year old kid should be able to own, let alone fire a gun? This is a serious question...
OK, its probably obvious I voted for George Bush - I'm from the South. Texas, to be exact. And in the South, gun ownership is a very hot topic. I don't know a soul in my 40 years that has been anti-gun. Yes, guns are used for the wrong reasons, but so are pitch forks, knives and cigars (if you're Bill Clinton).

Its safe as long as the child is taught safety. All of them are locked up, only I know where the key is, and its so far out of reach it would be impossible to get. I have gun safes that are in a separate locked room. However, my boy knows that if ANYONE ever tries to get him to touch a gun at a friend's house, he's to leave immediately.

Note that in my post I said we "punch holes in paper targets". For now, thats what we do. Eventually I hope he will be as avid an outdoorsman as I am. Yes, I hunt. And I eat what I kill. Usually its just ducks. I don't care for deer hunting, but don't admonish those that deer hunt. Its just here in East Texas the deer are small and I find little sport in hunting a baited area. Duck hunting on the other hand? Holy hell, you wish you had the DAO in BF2 lol. A dozen ducks flying past at 60 mph, freezing cold, snowing or raining, overcast, standing in water up to your nads, now THAT is hunting lol. Its a sickness that I hope to spread to my son and the one we are having within 2 weeks. As far as hunting and bashing hunters, I've said before opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. I do find humor in someone who thinks I am a sadist for shooting a duck in the wild as they eat their bucket of KFC, sleeping on their down pillows and keeping warm in their gas heated home. Yeah, chicken shit is used to heat homes, can be converted. Gross if you think about it. My wife complains when I give her the dutch oven in bed! rotfl, thats where you loose one in bed and pull the covers over their head - Kidding.

Owning guns is a right in the US. Disarming citizens won't fly. It doesn't fly in the UK, Australia, but DEFINATELY wouldn't work in the US. Law abiding citizens can own as many as you like, and as my favorite bumper sticker said "My Guns Have Killed Less People Than Ted Kennedy's Car" [If you are too young to remember that, check with your parents]

In short, my kid owns them, never even sees them unless I am present, has no access to ammunition, and is educated in the proper handling of firearms. I urge you to do the same, ESPECIALLY if you have one in your home. They can and will find them if you have one thats not locked up. In fact, I'd send you a lock for yours if you do have one unlocked, email me with your address. I participate in Cub Scouts and have boxes of them that we give away for safety.

Slow day at the office, and you asked a good question so I wrote another novel. My bad! In short, I feel its safe as long as the child is educated about the importance of care around firearms.
Mackstan
+0|6677
You also can buy the book "Chickens with fire arms" in a book store near you.....lol
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6729|Salt Lake City

[M]Chicken wrote:

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

[M]Chicken wrote:

This will be a real shocker to the "potty mouth" guy, but my son owns a shotgun, a deer rifle, and a Henry mini-bolt  22. He shoots a bb gun in the back yard as well, all under my close supervision. I own over 25 firearms (mostly WWII vintage stuff, but thats a story by itself ), and my son enjoys going to the local shooting club with me and punching holes in paper targets a couple times a year.
Off topic: Do you really think that a 6 year old kid should be able to own, let alone fire a gun? This is a serious question...
OK, its probably obvious I voted for George Bush - I'm from the South. Texas, to be exact. And in the South, gun ownership is a very hot topic. I don't know a soul in my 40 years that has been anti-gun. Yes, guns are used for the wrong reasons, but so are pitch forks, knives and cigars (if you're Bill Clinton).

Its safe as long as the child is taught safety. All of them are locked up, only I know where the key is, and its so far out of reach it would be impossible to get. I have gun safes that are in a separate locked room. However, my boy knows that if ANYONE ever tries to get him to touch a gun at a friend's house, he's to leave immediately.

Note that in my post I said we "punch holes in paper targets". For now, thats what we do. Eventually I hope he will be as avid an outdoorsman as I am. Yes, I hunt. And I eat what I kill. Usually its just ducks. I don't care for deer hunting, but don't admonish those that deer hunt. Its just here in East Texas the deer are small and I find little sport in hunting a baited area. Duck hunting on the other hand? Holy hell, you wish you had the DAO in BF2 lol. A dozen ducks flying past at 60 mph, freezing cold, snowing or raining, overcast, standing in water up to your nads, now THAT is hunting lol. Its a sickness that I hope to spread to my son and the one we are having within 2 weeks. As far as hunting and bashing hunters, I've said before opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. I do find humor in someone who thinks I am a sadist for shooting a duck in the wild as they eat their bucket of KFC, sleeping on their down pillows and keeping warm in their gas heated home. Yeah, chicken shit is used to heat homes, can be converted. Gross if you think about it. My wife complains when I give her the dutch oven in bed! rotfl, thats where you loose one in bed and pull the covers over their head - Kidding.

Owning guns is a right in the US. Disarming citizens won't fly. It doesn't fly in the UK, Australia, but DEFINATELY wouldn't work in the US. Law abiding citizens can own as many as you like, and as my favorite bumper sticker said "My Guns Have Killed Less People Than Ted Kennedy's Car" [If you are too young to remember that, check with your parents]

In short, my kid owns them, never even sees them unless I am present, has no access to ammunition, and is educated in the proper handling of firearms. I urge you to do the same, ESPECIALLY if you have one in your home. They can and will find them if you have one thats not locked up. In fact, I'd send you a lock for yours if you do have one unlocked, email me with your address. I participate in Cub Scouts and have boxes of them that we give away for safety.

Slow day at the office, and you asked a good question so I wrote another novel. My bad! In short, I feel its safe as long as the child is educated about the importance of care around firearms.
Nothing personal, but GWB gives everyone a bad name and is nothing but a black mark on Texas.  I vote Democrat, but would vote for John McCain if those uptight, self righteous, right wingers would give him a chance in hell of getting the Republican nomination.

With that said, I don't think 6 is to young to teach a child about gun safety when guns are owned and in the house.  I was about that age when my dad tought me, and he made it very clear if I ever touched a gun without his supervision I wouldn't be able to sit down for a week.  I don't hunt as much as I used to when I was younger, but I've Elk hunted a few times over the last several years.  I myself preferred to bow hunt for deer.  More challenge and the here the hunt is in August, so the weather is much nicer; can hunt in the morning and fish in the afternoon.

I also agree that disarming everyone is not the answer.  It would nothing but create a black market for weapons, which is just another "war" they would have to fight.  Those that use guns for illegal activities don't buy them legally anyway.  They mainly need to simplify the gun laws so they can be more easily enforced.  I most certainly feel some weapons that are legal shouldn't be.  Those MAC10 type weapons that have been converted to semi-auto have no place in personal gun ownership.  They are less accurate than a Saturday Night Special, and were meant to throw a lot of bullets in a general direction (spray and pray).

Last edited by Agent_Dung_Bomb (2006-01-09 13:07:15)

[M]Chicken
+1|6677|Texas
McCain would get my vote simply due to his war record. I built a Cobray M11 .380 out of a kit once, and although it was supposed to be semi-auto, it would spray lead until it was empty, IF you could get it to fire lol. If you are referring to all assault weapons in the MAC10 comment, I respectfully disagree. I own a Bushmaster XM-15s carbine (read M-16 lol), an AK-47 and have owned several variants of the HK assault rifle (both HK91 and HK93). Although its awfully fun to spray down the range at a target or {gasp} shoot turtles on the river with them, emptying a clip out of one will empty your wallet, bruise the crap outa your arm, and piss off anyone within hearing distance.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6729|Salt Lake City

[M]Chicken wrote:

McCain would get my vote simply due to his war record. I built a Cobray M11 .380 out of a kit once, and although it was supposed to be semi-auto, it would spray lead until it was empty, IF you could get it to fire lol. If you are referring to all assault weapons in the MAC10 comment, I respectfully disagree. I own a Bushmaster XM-15s carbine (read M-16 lol), an AK-47 and have owned several variants of the HK assault rifle (both HK91 and HK93). Although its awfully fun to spray down the range at a target or {gasp} shoot turtles on the river with them, emptying a clip out of one will empty your wallet, bruise the crap outa your arm, and piss off anyone within hearing distance.
Not all assault rifles.  Most of the so called "assault" rifles have counterparts that aren't in a combat style stock, so they don't look like a combat weapon, and the anti-gun lobby doesn't seem to have a problem with this, when there is no difference other than cosmetics.  I think a lot of people don't understand that.  What I am talking about are the MAC10/Uzi style weopons.  These guns aren't accurate by any stretch of the imagination, are prone to jamming, and were made for nothing more than close quarter combat...spraying a lot bullets in the general direction of the target and hoping to hit it.  These have no place for personal gun ownership, as they have no legitimate use for "personal protection".

For home defense there is nothing better than a shotgun anyway.  No one ever mistakes the sound of a shotgun slide, and will be hot tailing out of there.
^KonAir2|Ph0sph0ruz
+0|6688
Well I would say you should not have been banned. That is insane. I normally just kick for tk'ing, we only ban for someone tk'ing multiple times in the server. There is no way I would have banned you or even kicked you for this crap. You were the commander, you have every right to ask what some tard is doing just running around. I had someone try a mutiny on me as commander and when that didn't work out he tk'd me. I just kicked him. It takes a lot of sh*t for me to ban someone.

Just come by our server, I'll treat ya right.... just do a search for "****KonAir" (text between the quotes).
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK
And the conclusion is...

Modders are imature losers.
72Wolf-
+1|6706

FromTheAshes wrote:

Yes you do deserve a ban, you saw a guy running around on the other side of the map, you should've just left him alone. You provoked him.
No no, sometimes you need to "test" the artillery.  You know, to make sure all 3 guns are firing.
[M]Chicken
+1|6677|Texas

Vilham wrote:

And the conclusion is...

No, I think the conclusion is my son spells better than you can.

Modders = Moders
imature = immature

Hukt on fonex werkt fur mi

I don't think anyone can come up with the conclusion that anyone is a loser out of this, save the 'tards that come up with idiotic statements such as yours.

Back on topic, I have an AOW that is for "home defense".

https://www.csmetall-werkes.com/REM-AOW.jpg

I hope that link works. The uzi and MAC10 are total crap, I agree completely. Spray and pray only works in video games...

Last edited by [M]Chicken (2006-01-09 14:39:39)

Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6723|Beerville, USA

[M]Chicken wrote:

McCain for President, LOL!!!

Atleast us military folk wouldn't have to worry about the Democrats implementing a shitload of cutbacks like the Clinton era did. 

I absolutely loved going to a 10 day field training excercise with a total of 15 rounds for my crew serve .50 cal browning machine gun, considering you go through over 400 at the initial start of a fire fight (i.e. Mad Minute) and the the continuing rate of fire is 7-15 round burst.  Or sitting on a saw range linking .223 rounds together so saw gunners could qualify or best of all watching a guy turn in (DX) an old piece of equipment at CIF and then watching them turn around and issue to the next person because there was a shortage of supplies.

So I would just like to say thanks to all those Democrats for cutting the budget over those wonderful 8 years.

On subject: Never played in your server, might have to look you up, see if I can hang....
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6729|Salt Lake City

[M]Chicken wrote:

Vilham wrote:

And the conclusion is...

No, I think the conclusion is my son spells better than you can.

Modders = Moders
imature = immature

Hukt on fonex werkt fur mi

I don't think anyone can come up with the conclusion that anyone is a loser out of this, save the 'tards that come up with idiotic statements such as yours.

Back on topic, I have an AOW that is for "home defense".

http://www.csmetall-werkes.com/REM-AOW.jpg

I hope that link works. The uzi and MAC10 are total crap, I agree completely. Spray and pray only works in video games...
And if you miss, however unlikely that may be, it doubles as a club with which you can beat them to death. 
72Wolf-
+1|6706

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

[M]Chicken wrote:

Ok, off topic reply:
I'm a hillbilly from Pennsylvania, now living in the lovely rolling hills of Georgia.
I was shooting at the age of 6, hunting at the age of 12 (legally), and I continue to hunt and range shoot on a regular basis.  My son is 6 going on 7.  He has gone to the rifle range with me a number of times.  He understands the seriousness of firearms.  He has fired .22, .30-30 and my .45 pistol (with a little help).

My daughter is 12, she has yet to go hunting, but has gone to the range. 

The danger comes from NOT educating children about firearms.  We teach children not to touch hot stoves, not by telling them all stoves are bad, evil, and should be banned, forceably removed from private ownership, and condemned in the media at every turn, but by EDUCATING them on proper use of the stove, and appropriate use of the stove.

My weapons are locked up, except for the .45 on my hip (yes, there is a permit to carry in my pocket).  Someone else mentioned the tail tanning aspect of gun education.  I couldnt agree more.  My kids know if there is a unsecured firearm in a room, leave.  Leave now. I like Chicken more and more with each of his posts.  I have a nice eclectic collection of firearms.  Just ordered some new parts to build up another custom ar-15 this winter.  A .223 ar-15 is a very nice short rifle for a child to learn on, moving up from a .22.  I'm hoping this new one, with adjustable length stock, will entice my wife to come with the rest of us to the range.

But hey, thats my 2cent old school opinion.  And I'll continue to teach my kids and their kids that same thing.

Last edited by 72Wolf- (2006-01-09 15:18:39)

ex-static
+15|6681

[M]Chicken wrote:

I don't have a gun and I don't want one, but I would like that lock. Can you send it to the Netherlands ?

In the Netherlands guns are forbidden (to other Dutch people: Don't bitch about the police, anti-thief guns (those with the red thingy) etc.) and I've had experience with a gun a really long time ago. I held it, at school.
NO IM NOT A MANIAC WHO GOES TO SCHOOL WITH THEM!! A police officer visited the school and showed his gun.

Ok you didn't have to read al that. All I want to say is that people owning guns is not as bad as people sticking C4 on cars, baby-carriage's, sidewalks, keyboards etc. .

I hope you will spent some time being annoyed by my post.

ex

...static...
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

Mackstan wrote:

The word 'blah' more than what's usual for most people.
Damn I love fine comedy. The subtlties, the skill, the obvious comic skill, the use of grammar...

...Yeah, sorry, it's me again.

[M]Chicken, sorry dude, but I didn't really mean to insult you. Did you really think I thought you committed an act of child abuse though? Come on man, even my psycologist knows that I'm not quite that dumb. I thought I made it obvious with the extended referances to intense internal injuries, but maybe my descriptions were such that it gave a pretty solid image. Sorry.

"What I did, I did because of alcohol and boredness."

- Well, I wasn't drunk, but in a pretty stupid mood, and I was bored.

Anyway, apologies. That first post wasn't meant to insult anyone. The second one was, but that's a different story, and I take most of it back.

Mackstan, I would so like to rip you to shreads, even if simply to pass time. I still think that "normal behaving peeps" may find it easier to read my rendition. I honestly don't know that many "normal behaving peeps" but thank you for your translation aimed at this reclusive minority. I'm actually not really sure what "normal behaving peeps" refers to, but I'm sure you had their best interests in mind.

On to your comments, and one in particular - to that later. I would question your credentials as a mental counsellor, as reading your comments if anything made my mental condition, (the aforementiond tendancy you type 'Fuck you' to dickheads,) worse. Thankfully I am repressing this 'urge' at the moment, so fear not.

Now, on to the particular comment I mentioned before - what is wrong with Beavers? I wouldn't say that I like them as such, but I certainly have no problem with them, unless of course you are referring to the slang term, in which I have to say I lean away from Beavers.

Anyway, thank you for your comments, they have been breifly considered, and just as briefly dismissed. Thank you for writing though.

Play loud.

-Tyferra.

P.S: Polarbearz, cheers for the hug. I think it was needed.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
[M]Chicken
+1|6677|Texas
No problems here with anyone, but MackStan is my ghey lover! j/k, he's a helluva good guy and one of the good friends I have made over the internet through Moders. And as I said, anyone is welcome to come play, as one of the posts said they'd like to give it a try. I just got off our Wake server, and it was a good night for me... Chickens can't fly, I keep forgetting that!

Speaking of Beaver (and no I didn't eat this one rotfl), here's a picture of me with some strange beaver I picked up one night. She was a wild one if I do say so myself!!

And yes, thats me........

I dream of stuffing and mounting beavers one day soon. Right now my wife is 9 months pregnant, so all the action I get is self inflicted so to speak...

https://www.militariacollecting.com/uploads/post-3923-1130040183.jpg
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

Hey! that Beaver has the same sunglasses as me!
[Blinking eyes thing]
[M]Chicken
+1|6677|Texas
Funny thing is that out of all this mess, something good came out of it. You guys come play sometime, look me up. Again, its not a clan ( I like bearded clams, another story though lmao), we're just a group of people who play too much of this freaking game!

And to the admins of bf2s.com, damn fine site btw. Thanks for running this forum!
187sKillz
+1|6679|Houston
lol i love moder's wake, but too many noobs. i usually never end up making points because I tk noobs stealing my jet. yes MY jet. when no one else is around worthy enough not to crash mere seconds after take off or after getting only 1 or 2 kills and then smashing into the ground like a fucking idiot, it is MY jet.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6738

=KHA=Pryvate_Pyle wrote:

moders is a gaming community.  They have their own servers and they can do with them what ever they want.  You probally shouldn't have been banned from your side of the story, but you also shouldn't disrespect an admin.  He probally deals with a lot of asshats on an hourly basis, and maybe just had enough.

Do any of you admin, its a pain in the ass!! You have to stop playing to kick some ass for doing something that is wrong.  This sucks.  If the people who played this game weren't so retarded on a daily basis, then this wouldn't be an issue.
pp
If hes had enough he should not be an admin.

I have admin-ed and ran a counter strike full of morons for almost 2 years now. The point of being an admin is to help people. It is not to abuse your power when you get frusterated. I've had more problems keeping my admins in line, then I have had with idiots on the server.

People want admin to abuse it for themselves; I tell people you have admin because you are there to help others. If you abuse your admin once, you are gone, that's my rule and I wish other people would stick to their guns too, instead of letting friends abuse the shit out of their servers.

There is no excuse for booting someone for being a smart ass or whatever even if your having a bad day. If they are being racist thats one thing, but if they are talking trash, its part of every sport, every game. You have two options, cry like a baby and ban them, or kick their ass all over the map until they leave. The latter is the better option. Nothing is more annoying then a bunch of pussy ass admins that ban because they don't get their jet or this or that or wah wah wah. www.kleenex.com
Teckademics
+1|6718|Savannah GA
i think you need to shave your beaver .... {ok ok i had to say it}

but how did you kill it i see no blood or wounds. did you hit it with the car or just went on a game of wack-a-mole with a beaver?
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6681

[M]Chicken wrote:

No problems here with anyone, but MackStan is my ghey lover! j/k, he's a helluva good guy and one of the good friends I have made over the internet through Moders. And as I said, anyone is welcome to come play, as one of the posts said they'd like to give it a try. I just got off our Wake server, and it was a good night for me... Chickens can't fly, I keep forgetting that!

Speaking of Beaver (and no I didn't eat this one rotfl), here's a picture of me with some strange beaver I picked up one night. She was a wild one if I do say so myself!!

I dream of stuffing and mounting beavers one day soon. Right now my wife is 9 months pregnant, so all the action I get is self inflicted so to speak...

http://www.militariacollecting.com/uplo … 040183.jpg
sick prick...
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6701|th3 unkn0wn

[M]Chicken wrote:

http://www.militariacollecting.com/uplo … 040183.jpg
From banning to beavers in the space of 4 pages. Wot's next?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

You know what's great? Throwing burning marshmellows at street mimes. It's a hobby of mine.

(You did ask {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
[M]Smokemifugotem
+0|6758
STFU and play
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6701|th3 unkn0wn

Tyferra wrote:

You know what's great? Throwing burning marshmellows at street mimes. It's a hobby of mine.

(You did ask {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy.)
Eh?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard