HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6701|The Lou

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

dubbs wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

Yea, we fucking go through 7 years of history and some of the years is all about the U.S. history. And no only France aided us in the Revolution. You had to hire Hessians and 1812 and it was just us and you. We won I think every battle except one. And may I remind you of the Battle of New Orleans?At the main battle on January 8 the British suffered 2,037 casualties, (291 dead including the three senior generals, 1,262 wounded and 484 captured or missing). The Americans had 13 dead 39 wounded and 19 missing.
The US did not win the War of 1812.  The British raided Washington, DC and burnt the White House.  Also, the Battle of New Orleans is only remembered because it built Americian pride.

Edit:
Look at these fact from Wikipedia to see if you still think that way.

US:
Killed in Action:  2,260
Wounded:          4,505

British
Kill or Wounded:  4,400

The combine total of the British that were killed or wounded, is less the the US's wounded.  To me the British were the ones that were man handling the US.
The americans also destroyed the british capitol of Canada too. So it was a trade blow. And link please.

And there was no win, the British retreated and the U.S. were still standing. In order to win a war, territory has to be shifted or a conflict resolved. None was gained and the problems still were not solved.
He's Right^^

I think more Americans were killed in the revolutionary war too, but they still got America didn't they?

Plus you guys walked in big red suits and walked in a line
TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6393|Florida, USA

ELITE-UK wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

dubbs wrote:

The US did not win the War of 1812.  The British raided Washington, DC and burnt the White House.  Also, the Battle of New Orleans is only remembered because it built Americian pride.

Edit:
Look at these fact from Wikipedia to see if you still think that way.

US:
Killed in Action:  2,260
Wounded:          4,505

British
Kill or Wounded:  4,400

The combine total of the British that were killed or wounded, is less the the US's wounded.  To me the British were the ones that were man handling the US.
The americans also destroyed the british capitol of Canada too. So it was a trade blow. And link please.

And there was no win, the British retreated and the U.S. were still standing. In order to win a war, territory has to be shifted or a conflict resolved. None was gained and the problems still were not solved.
dude accept it we kicked your ass back then, BRITAIN was the superpower back then, not the USA!
Set down the fucking tea and read, who won the revolution? Us. Who won the war of 1812 no one? Who saved your ass in WW1 And 2 us. Will you guys get your ass tossed around we either save it or kick it.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6493|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
yes you guys did win the war, but im saying that we kicked your ass until your allies came and saved you.
i wouldnt say you saved us in ww1, because there was no direct threat of invasion in the war, and we built the tanks etc etc and with ww2 our navy would have wiped the german invasion force out and even the historians say that. The USA HELPED us but did not save us.. END OF end of discussion
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6482|Tyne & Wear, England

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

Set down the fucking tea and read...
Why do you use the 'tea' thing as a derogatory comment?  You sound like this tool of American Idol...

Just as if I said, "Set down the big mac and fries...", its childish and pointless.  Try and express your arguments in a mature way rather than resorting to immature stereotypes.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6728|Charlie One Alpha
Ahem. First of all, I study English Culture / American Studies so I might say I'm sort of an expert on this subject. Here we go:

The Americans only 'won' the war because the British realized it was impossible to control an entire continent that was so big and so far removed from their country, that the cost of moving troops alone was almost too much to handle. In military strength and tactics, the British far surpassed the Americans to the point that they won almost every single battle. The only thing that saved you was the fact that it was simply too much of a hassle to fight a large scale war over such a distance. In other words, the British simply quit because they didn't care all that much. They let you win.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6785|Cambridge (UK)

Sneaky.Russian wrote:

They have pizza in UK?
We have ambulances?
Smitty5613
+46|6545|Middle of nowhere, California
lol i think that was "only in America" to begin with.... but i guess it might be true in both countrys lol
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6508|Gogledd Cymru

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

I am proud to be an american, because I know we kicked your ass in the Revolution and kicked your ass harder in 1812. Also saved your ass in WW2 and 1. Now we are scapegoats. I don't care, I am moving to canada.
we started the war therefore we won it
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6479|UK

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

I am proud to be an american, because I know we kicked your ass in the Revolution and kicked your ass harder in 1812. Also saved your ass in WW2 and 1. Now we are scapegoats. I don't care, I am moving to canada.
Haha saved more like you came in during the end and took all the glory apart from you I like the rest of the Americans.
JG1567JG
+110|6607|United States of America

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

You must not know the main reason that the U.S. declared war on the British during the war of 1812.  The British were taking our sailors from our ships and impressing them into duty for the British Royal Navy.  The war of 1812 did solve this problem.

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Ahem. First of all, I study English Culture / American Studies so I might say I'm sort of an expert on this subject. Here we go:

The Americans only 'won' the war because the British realized it was impossible to control an entire continent that was so big and so far removed from their country, that the cost of moving troops alone was almost too much to handle. In military strength and tactics, the British far surpassed the Americans to the point that they won almost every single battle. The only thing that saved you was the fact that it was simply too much of a hassle to fight a large scale war over such a distance. In other words, the British simply quit because they didn't care all that much. They let you win.
You are very right in terms of the war not being worth it to the British and supply lines being impossible to maintain.  I wouldn't say that the British let us win the war of 1812 but they realized that if they continued fighting that both sides would be losers.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2007-02-15 17:23:18)

l41e
+677|6667

ELITE-UK wrote:

yes you guys did win the war, but im saying that we kicked your ass until your allies came and saved you.
i wouldnt say you saved us in ww1, because there was no direct threat of invasion in the war, and we built the tanks etc etc and with ww2 our navy would have wiped the german invasion force out and even the historians say that. The USA HELPED us but did not save us.. END OF end of discussion
Interesting that allies only save people when it's convenient for you.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6785|UK

k30dxedle wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

Interesting that allies only save people when it's convenient for you.
He is right. You maybe saved the rest of Europe from sure Russian occupation after WWII but you did little to nothing to save the UK.
Tompie913
I like Chinese
+12|6402|Pittsburgh, PA
You need to add an "and America" to those only in Britains
TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6393|Florida, USA

JG1567JG wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

You must not know the main reason that the U.S. declared war on the British during the war of 1812.  The British were taking our sailors from our ships and impressing them into duty for the British Royal Navy.  The war of 1812 did solve this problem.

LaidBackNinja wrote:

You are very right in terms of the war not being worth it to the British and supply lines being impossible to maintain.  I wouldn't say that the British let us win the war of 1812 but they realized that if they continued fighting that both sides would be losers.
I know fine well why the war was started, also they were fighting our allies (France) we still remained neutral but still partial to the french side.
twiistaaa
+87|6687|mexico
i would say all of those things a australian as well. except maybe the ambulance thing.. and those stupid statistics.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6798|Great Brown North
holy thread derailment! as silly as the topic was, can we stay on that and not who kicked whos ass 150+ years ago
ShoopDaWhoop
Banned
+53|6351
pro tip:

Britain actually ruled the world.

Now, America just thinks they do.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6508|Gogledd Cymru

ShoopDaWhoop wrote:

pro tip:

Britain actually ruled the world.

Now, America just thinks they do.
i like romans they rocked ass
tiptopT
+72|6601|Scotland's Capital

Sneaky.Russian wrote:

They have pizza in UK?
Deep Fried BABY!
Jamalen
+2|6762|Shetland Islands
Wow, a lot of bloody chest beating in this thread on both sides of the pond over the War of 1812 and WW2..

And from a UK perspective myself :-

The War of 1812 involved mainly Canadian Militias commanded by British officers, and yes the Canadians/British sacked washington and burned the whitehouse down and all that crap.. and YES everything settled down and the Brits went back to Canada and left you guys to get on with it after we all shot the shit outta each other..

Everyone needs to get over it,  and you will find that most Brits don't HERE about the 1812 conflict until they speak to Americans, as its NOT taught in British Schools! The Brits have about 1500 years of History to Learn at school.. we are an OLD OLD and crusty as hell nation, so 1812 just get skipped over.. the US only has about 500 years of history to get through... so you can be a bit more "in depth" about these things...

WW2 - The answer is simple the USA did indeed save our bacon, The UK fought like possesed demons as we held the Germans back from our beloved Islands for years while the USA "ummed" and "ahhed" and shuffled their feet, But when the US arrived they did indeed save the day for the Allies, and as they like to say "kicked ass"

Last edited by Jamalen (2007-02-16 08:19:49)

Microwave
_
+515|6674|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I am.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6548|Global Command

Jamalen wrote:

Everyone needs to get over it,  and you will find that most Brits don't HERE about the 1812 conflict until they speak to Americans, as its NOT taught in British Schools! The Brits have about 1500 years of History to Learn at school.. we are an OLD OLD and crusty as hell nation, so 1812 just get skipped over.. the US only has about 500 years of history to get through... so you can be a bit more "in depth" about these things...

"
Of course, we kicked yer blimey arses twice, no wonder it's not taught in school.

p.s. hot chicks with brittish accents are the hottest thing ever, not to mention the Beatles, so England is alright in my book.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6441|San Antonio, TX

ELITE-UK wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

haha your so stupid, because...the USA didnt kick the BRITISH ass, you guys lost almost every battle against us, but it was only when your bum-chum friends i.e netherlands, france and spain came to your rescue that you was saved from total defeat. if you dont believe me then go read it up somewhere dude!
the rest well yeah is true apart from ww2, we would have hung on regardless of you guys or not.
Lets not forget the awesome training men like Alexander Pulaski from Poland provided to our troops, there were a lot of countries that wanted to see the Brits lose that one and sent help to the US.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6785|Cambridge (UK)

ATG wrote:

Jamalen wrote:

"
Of course, we kicked yer blimey arses twice, no wonder it's not taught in school.

p.s. hot chicks with brittish accents are the hottest thing ever, not to mention the Beatles, so England is alright in my book.
No, it is, as Jamalen said, because we actually have history - hell, 1500years is peanuts - our history goes back to the stone-age (4000BC (6000years)). At least.

()

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-02-16 09:06:22)

ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6493|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Jamalen wrote:

"

No, it is, as Jamalen said, because we actually have history - hell, 1500years is peanuts - our history goes back to the stone-age (4000BC (6000years)).

()
you guys didnt kick our asse twice, how many more times do i have to fucking say that! and we was tought briefly about the british empire at my school including the american colonies.

BTW this post was aimed at ATG

Last edited by ELITE-UK (2007-02-16 09:35:54)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard