BigBunny
Col64
+19|6578|Edinburgh
I've had a couple of goes on v0.5 over the last few days, and have been very impressed with it as a step on from vanilla BF2.  It does feel a lot more 'real' (quel surprise), and definitely needs a strong teamwork element.  There are huge new maps, new weapons and new styles of gameplay - insurgents vs USMC demands all sorts of improvised tactics for irregular forces to counter the strength of a modern army.  There are also the usuals (Chinese, MEC), but the British Army also shows up.

Would any of you be interested in trying it out and maybe putting together a travelling squad to go visit now that the BF2s EU server is so unpopulated?

ATB

Col64

Last edited by BigBunny (2007-02-14 05:30:02)

l41e
+677|6618

Ooh, PR. I have 0.4 ATM, keep forgetting to update. Yes, I would love to play some PR.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

hmmmmm...........

Not sure....
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Bernadictus
+1,055|6706

Sounds interesting. I downloaded the 0.5 release last night and will have a go with it tonight.
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6578|Edinburgh
i'll be around tonight  for a couple of hours from about 7 pm UK time.  I'm still wearing the [BF2s] tags, and it would be nice to see some other familiar names about.

Last edited by BigBunny (2007-02-14 05:29:12)

legionair
back to i-life
+336|6593|EU

I would... but something tells me that today I have to do something.... cant remember... oh, yes, its Valentines day so legionair will look after his GF and will fight some battles in another battlefield... But PR definitely deserves to be invaded by bf2sers one day! Teamwork FTW!
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6578|Edinburgh

sdlettonieCZLV wrote:

I would... but something tells me that today I have to do something.... cant remember... oh, yes, its Valentines day so legionair will look after his GF and will fight some battles in another battlefield... But PR definitely deserves to be invaded by bf2sers one day! Teamwork FTW!
Mine is out at her singing until 9, so that leaves me free to run around getting shot.  What about tomorrow 7-9? (that's her yoga)

Col64
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6593|EU

BigBunny wrote:

sdlettonieCZLV wrote:

Mine is out at her singing until 9, so that leaves me free to run around getting shot.  What about tomorrow 7-9? (that's her yoga)

Col64
7-9 is 8-10 CET right? I think it could be. Though I never know how the things will turn out. I could send her to do some aerobics or spinning cya on TS tomorrow, cheers
Hallvard
+262|6492|North Norway

I didn't like PR
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6531|Southampton, UK

love it! i'll be around.

Can we all be on TS instead of VoIP, VoIP is so much harder to press and i cba to change the button for it, and log off of TS.

Last edited by Knightnifer (2007-02-14 12:04:24)

BigBunny
Col64
+19|6578|Edinburgh
TS it is then.  About 7 tonight? (or 8 if you are in Europe).

Should be fun.

Col64
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6606|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Nooo ill be at my dads tonight
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6593|EU

OK, I hope I will manage to be there I think Nightsniffer could lead us to battle, because he likes spamming on TS and was pretty decent as SL last time we played just dunno about other squad members Knifie... if someone talk to you, you wont respond or what that you cant switch the buttons for VOIP? Or we are going to be whole squad of bf2sers? Or maybe col64 could pass on your spamming to other members, because 1) he is British, 2) me sucks in English

so cya all at evening! /over, out
naightknifar
Served and Out

sdlettonieCZLV wrote:

OK, I hope I will manage to be there I think Nightsniffer could lead us to battle, because he likes spamming on TS and was pretty decent as SL last time we played just dunno about other squad members Knifie... if someone talk to you, you wont respond or what that you cant switch the buttons for VOIP? Or we are going to be whole squad of bf2sers? Or maybe col64 could pass on your spamming to other members, because 1) he is British, 2) me sucks in English

so cya all at evening! /over, out
Yeah i'll be glad to lead you into battle.
2 Problems:
I'm back at 7:30 tonight
I'll need some food.

Also i can press VOIP button easily it's just i get the TS and VOIP button mixed, when i'm in a firefight...
So i say stuff over VOIP that i mean to say over TS.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6593|EU

i already launched PR and TS. Will be playing some game until you join ok?
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6720
Ok, so tried to download PR v0.5 last night after speaking to Col and NooBesT on TS, but as I was downloading my girlfriend went to use the phone. Lately the inet connection gets cut off just for a split second when she goes to use the phone, so guess what happened!

yes the inet connection went while i was downloading the game and I got some error messages, so I gave up as it was late. Will start the download again tonight and then maybe be playing it over the weekend.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6360

Vote here!  I'm trying to get enough votes to convince Chuy that there should be a Project Reality forum as well as the already-existent POE2 one.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=64088
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6578|Edinburgh
Great to have more interest in PR and hopefully we'll see more of the BF2s regulars out there. 

In particular it would be good to have  a decent SL to follow - I was making quite a hash of it last night.  Going medic and trying to keep my squad healthy is really all I'm good for.  The more 'mature' UK members will remember Mr Godfrey in Dad's Army - that's pretty much how I see myself.

Me (in some hellish desert) 'I'm down again'

Mystery voice (Noobest on TS) 'Well that's no surprise'

Thanks for that!

Last edited by BigBunny (2007-02-16 01:17:16)

theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6720
haha I had just joined TS at that point and hear noobest with his sarcastic voice saying that. was pretty funny even though I didnt know what was going on!
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6593|EU

It would be great if we make a squad from members, Noobest hopefully downloaded it yesterday, Kniffie will show up definitely next time and theDude will do it tonight (after throwing phone through the window so no one can call *cough* --->GF<--- *cough* )

Tonight Im going out, but I could play tomorrow.

Suggestion- read the guides before you start playing although I have some hours in PR already, I do read them again and again, it is so much different from BF. Yeah and prepare to die ... alot... and to have fun!

col64, thanks for gaming yesterday!
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6578|Edinburgh

theDude5B wrote:

haha I had just joined TS at that point and hear noobest with his sarcastic voice saying that. was pretty funny even though I didnt know what was going on!
How come I haven't been online with you for ages but you manage to show up for yet another of my moments of humiliation?
infinity101
+5|6551
which server do you guys play on? and is it ABR ranked?

i might join you sometimes as i think PR is a good mod
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6720

BigBunny wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

How come I haven't been online with you for ages but you manage to show up for yet another of my moments of humiliation?
I am on TS all the time just usually in the 2142 channel. Will hopefully get a few games of PR in this weekend.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6438

theDude5B wrote:

Ok, so tried to download PR v0.5 last night after speaking to Col and NooBesT on TS, but as I was downloading my girlfriend went to use the phone. Lately the inet connection gets cut off just for a split second when she goes to use the phone, so guess what happened!

yes the inet connection went while i was downloading the game and I got some error messages, so I gave up as it was late. Will start the download again tonight and then maybe be playing it over the weekend.
That used to happen to me as well. Though not anymore.

Our internet broke down a bit after christmas and though I'm not sure what caused the connection to cut during phone calls it got fixed. It might be the disturbance remover (or something like that) or the fact that our cable wasn't connected properly to the grid. The repair man who came to fix our connection checked the connection to the main grid and plugged it back in properly. And the reason for getting our line cut was nothing else than winter. Cold caused the lines to shrink and so lose connection from the grid.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
naightknifar
Served and Out

Sorry guys, lately RL has > Me..
Out tonight, and out tomorrow and sunday.
Tomorrow evening i will get a game in, but for now i apologise.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard