Poll

Fatherteds observations on Titan combat - Which are you?

Support30%30% - 25
Assault16%16% - 13
Engi12%12% - 10
Recon28%28% - 23
None of the above (explain please)12%12% - 10
Total: 81
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
After playing around 60 hours on titan mode, i noticed a few distinct patterns in player style, on titan, roughly dependant on kit. Of course, this appears to only be a average, and im sure many of you out there, have a totally different style. So here goes!

Support.

Sits at the end of corridor, Ganz or similar in hand, Gun drone set up, shooting through friendly's, IPS shield in place. Is under the misguided impression, that TK's or not, if our friendly support stops throwing nades down the corridor, the enemy will come. Said enemy pitches up, and our support proceeds to mow down friendlys in his way to the enemy. Of course, in his mind, the kill is worth far more than the 4 accidental TK's he just made. A brain damaged variant can be seen running around, Clark in hand, shooting everything but the enemy, or camping underneath vents, where he blows away anything that moves, hostile or not

Assault

Seen with various AR's, most commonly the Voss. More and more frequently, will not equib defib, but considers Herzog and Rockets to be a safer bet. Apon entering titan, will unload all rockets into the gallerys, Friendly presence regardless. Will NEVER place med kits down, as that would waste valuable rocket spam time, and therefore, lose him points. A stupid breed. The most common noob type, will typically have a Scar 11, and apon finding a enemy, stand up and empty his clip, in a 45 degree angle at the enemy, then flame "hacker" over the chat, when no kill is awarded.

Engi

Mostly seen attacking titan, firing full burst SMG fire at targets in excess of 40 metres, and complaining when no kill is awarded. After about 5 minutes onboard titan, Screams of "Ammo needed" will be heard often, and the only way to cease the crys, is a unfortunate Clark shell to the head. Once in core, packs of Engis will stand around the core, Pilum in hand, and blast away at the centre, oblivious to the Support with his big Ganz, that just entered the room, ready to kill them all.

Recon

Two definate types here, the suicidal, and the boring.
Suicidal, will have a Lambert, and will be loaded up to the eyeballs on RDX and APM's. Will proceed to core, plant his load of RDX all over, then detonate immeadiatly, even if his entire squad/multiples are stood around it. This results in a highly negative score, and inevitably, a Kick/Ban from the server.
Boring type. Will come aboard with a SR, APM or Cloak, and sit in the gallerys, shooting, and missing, everything he/she sees. Will not once attack a console or core, and apon being knifed, will promptly return to same spot, to be knifed again. Sits in the one spot, in the fear that the second he/she moves, they will miss a kill.

So i ask you, which are you? If you don't fall into a catagory, describe your playing style. I myself fall into the useless engi catagory. Keep flaming to a minumum

Fatherted13

Last edited by fatherted13 (2007-02-10 16:53:30)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
NZDeathBoy
+20|6692|Chch, New Zealand
I attack with the lambert... And i do wait for people to get out of the way of my c4, and i spam claymores to next to the red sheilds... Great fun.... Oh and i nade spam too. Works a treat
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6322|teh alien spaceshit
Urrrr.....
Ganz, but in a more close quarters combat, voss, binachi, or suko.
Ganz be much better now.
Des.Kmal
+917|6610|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
support defending the titan.... assault when attacking the titan (baur ftw.)
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
unholypoo
unholy what?
+10|6373
While defending, I play recon. I will have the main rifle out, with the steadier-thing and apms. I then place apms at the front of the hallway and under the console, and sit at the back of the hallway, giving everyone who comes inside a free lobotomy, usually scoring the infiltrator pin 2-3 times a game. when attacking, I play support with the shotty, emps, and the thinger that shows you where the enemy is,  I then proceed to spam grenades until the  core is opened, when I will then drop my boxes in the core room to feed engy/recon whores, and take out folks with the shotgun.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6752|San Antonio, Texas
I'm the suicidal recon type. I don't care if the core is full of friendlies, they should get out of the way of my RDX...   
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6431|Brisbane, Australia

suicidal recon is the funnest bit about friendly fire off servers......its the same, except without the suicides and tks
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6551
My pet peeves about in Titan Combat :

1) Nerds that camp on an ammo box and huck nades for the duration of the round
2) Any idiot using RDX on a server with FF off. Even with FF off, you should suicide. I'm tired of idiots coming up to me and blowing me up and them surviving. Never should happen regardless. Perhaps it shouldn't kill your friendlies, but it should kill you.

I prefer people who can persistently and consistently kill using bullets. Trigger holders aside, I respect those people. Nade huckers, and people who only use APMS/RDX as their only means to kill are pathetic. I mean these idiots use their PRIMARY weapon only when they are out of explosive ammo. Pretty sad.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
Zeller, RDX and Active Camo.
Bianchi, EMP Grenade, Dystek Pulse Meter
Baur-H, Reviver, Rockets
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6687|UK
Fucking support whores are winning
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6437|Australia.
I'm the kinda Recon guy that will put RDX on the Core and spend 5 minutes telling my team mates "Go go go". To which of course, I eventually get killed without blowing up my RDX.

The things I do for friendlies...
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6683|Devon, England
Explosives and Invisibility, along with my Lambert is my Titan style. If I'm in a decent squd though, I'll go Medic or if ammo is low, support.
Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6576|Vic, Australia
Im the engi who whores the titan guns for maximum points

Last edited by Plisken (2007-02-11 04:39:23)

DJStoney69
+4|6527|New Jersey
Attacking Im Assault with my rockets and defib and voss equiped.
Defending Im Recon with apms, rdx, and lambert equiped. Hide the apms and place an rdx somewheres I can see then boom. I will rarely run out of ammo so I can just deploy apms and rdx for a while before ever having to fire a shot. If you get past my apms you wont make it past my rdx.

Pathetic= support class. 3 guys one corridor, 3 sentry guns 3 shields in front blocking off the hallway, 3 ammo hubs down and 3 nubs spamming gernades cause they suck and have no other way of killing someone. Also stat padding thier resupply points cause frankly that is what it is. They arent really throwing them at anyone. I was in a server and me and 2 of my other squad mates sat outside of the range of the gernades and watched them just non stop throw gernades. So who were they throwing them at? No one, Cause they werent killing anyone and their points just kept going up and up. At least there is a way of getting around people dropping claymores and rdx.
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6437|Australia.

DJStoney69 wrote:

Pathetic= support class. 3 guys one corridor, 3 sentry guns 3 shields in front blocking off the hallway, 3 ammo hubs down and 3 nubs spamming gernades cause they suck and have no other way of killing someone. Also stat padding thier resupply points cause frankly that is what it is. They arent really throwing them at anyone. I was in a server and me and 2 of my other squad mates sat outside of the range of the gernades and watched them just non stop throw gernades. So who were they throwing them at? No one, Cause they werent killing anyone and their points just kept going up and up. At least there is a way of getting around people dropping claymores and rdx.
Yeah, I agree with you there.

Though there are some people that will argue that point, saying things like "Aww blah blah defending the Titan blah blah".
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
Support:
When this player finds his way into the Titan Corridors he is extremely valuable. With a sentry he can locate enemies and offers great support. Unlimited ammo and ammo for others is fantastic.

Recon:
Absolutely deadly, and you know this ted because I did it to you once! - Camo past every enemy, and suicide yourself. Planting 3 RDX on the consoles and if you are in ANY doubt, then you have to blow and suicide unless FF is off.

Assault:
Very handy because of the med packs. The grenade spamming is hell on a titan, so assault can earn lots of points.

Engineer:
Useless on the enemy titan unless he plants motion mines. Handy if consoles are left unattended or the core is insight.

Last edited by leetkyle (2007-02-14 09:14:59)

Buzerk1
+44|6828
I'm all of the above.... I just pick/adapt based on attackers
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
Found a new role for engi, Close titan defence/assault. Those SMG's, with max clip absolutly rip through the enemy
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6741|Mark it zero.
i dont qualify as any of those up there. you only listed the retarded peoples roll.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6691|U.S
I am usually support or assault I always use assault when going in to the hallway because i have my shottie and support for helping the engineers and recon to reload mines and pilum.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum

Kamikaze17 wrote:

i dont qualify as any of those up there. you only listed the retarded peoples roll.
Yeh, if you actually read it, i did say this was a average, and gave a option to choose "none", and explain what you actually do.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6835|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Zeller attacker, taking out RDX and APMs, then I snipe the corridor campers in the head as long as they are not nade spamming.

Or a Baur-H kamekaze, just run and gun everything that moves, with my AR rockets and Defib.

On defence I'm mostly using the Ganz to camp the vents or continuously podding behind enemies on our titan and Clarking them.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6514
camping the back of my titan w/ gunship ftw.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6753|Internet!
You seem to have forgotten the laggy player, who stands around, looking at odd angles and getting knifed alot.

Moves in fits and spurts, occasionally shoots, but never hits anything.

It should be noted that this player, while inefficent, is probably trying really, really hard.
Tetn1s
+59|6634|Los Angeles
I play Engi, I use the SAAW against enemies when i run out of ammo for my smg(it works)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard