RyansRangers
+2|6500
Go play 2142 if u want made up shit.
syntaxmax642
+32|6595|Seattle

BabySpinach wrote:

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

The nerf wars continue......
Claymores were UN-Nerfed.  They used to be fine when you could blow them up with nades.
OK... just do this... Clays could be taken out with nades wrenches and tank rounds. But give us 8 clays again like the old days.

Just noticed i quoted Baby Spinich... He has been the victim of more than a few of my clays...

Clays... Great for making new friends.

Last edited by syntaxmax642 (2007-02-14 14:10:37)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

RyansRangers wrote:

Go play 2142 if u want made up shit.
In real life, when I shoot you in the face with a Beretta M9 you die. Yeah, BF2 definitely isn't any "made up" shit.
Not
Great success!
+216|6546|Chandler, AZ
8 Claymores? lol, no. I'm not sure why they ever bothered to take the grenade disabling feature out. I guess too many people who can barely play this game rely on proximity mine kills when their reflexes and general aim are terrible. Take a look at most new players who get BF2. They play sniper. Why? They assume it'll be the easiest since they can stay a distance away and use a high powered rifle with a scope. I know I did when I played the demo, and a lot of new people I know that got BF2 took sniper first as well. So basically, beginning snipers are the ones who are going to complain the most about not getting kills, because of their poor aim/lack of experience with the game physics etc. So they log a million complaints about how underpowered sniper is, and they get their way.

I think most people forget how much easier they made sniper in 1.2 and still can't do anything. Not to say there aren't "good" snipers, there are people out there with great aim of course. But 1.2 made the rifles themselves extremely more accurate than they were before, and that should have been more than enough boost to the kit.

People who depend on claymores for a 1+ KDR in a round are sad. Don't bother aiming, don't bother learning how to move or use cover. Just plant and forget. 1337.
PluggedValve
+17|6310
Cmon guys.  Its part of the game.  No need to nerf it.  I do agree that even when you see the claymore ten feet away, so you go prone, take the flag(alone) then get up and back away, then it goes off.  Real annoying!!

I dont mind a flag being claymored, but when i can see them, but have no way of removing them its dumb.

To the guy who doesnt like snipers running at him and dropping it by him.  Heres some advice:  Try to shoot him before he drops it.  If a sniper runs around a corner into anyone other than a sniper hes screwed, so at least he can try to drop a clay and get a kill, even though it often doesnt activate quick enough unless the guy is just camping a spot.

I thought all was fair in war, what happened to that???
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6528|Hungary
A what ?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
Clear up a few misconceptions.

I love snipers that run at me with claymores. Easiest kill ever. What is dumb are snipers that run to the nearest spawn to claymore it or poorly plant claymores in plain sight that you can do nothing but set off and hope you get revived/your teammates at least take the flag.

This isn't meant to nerf claymores as a whole, only to nerf very poorly placed claymores as you couldn't run around with this "shield" all the time.

Ah, the "made up shit" argument. If in real life you will let me shoot you with an m95 in the chest from <5m with no body armor on and live, then I will agree you are right.
malarkeycoon
+16|6610|Cardiff
I play sniper a lot so obviously I don't like this idea. Mainly cause its ridiculous but also because without Claymores a sniper would essentially be useless. Claymores are the only way to defend yourself when you're capping flags. Without them you are pretty much standing there with nothing.

Claymores aren't a problem anyway. I rarely get hit with them because its obvious where they are going to be (mainly cause that's where I would put them). If its a choke point then there's going to be a claymore. Just go around, or look first. Easy.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

How would you feel about EA granting the ability to every class to don one use 5 second claymore armor? I think it would greatly reduce spamming, as most of the time you know you are probably about to hit a claymore  but can't do much about it, but snipers defending themselves with well-placed claymores would still probably be very effective.

Too bad EA will never do it.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
Also you people should look at my stats. I am a sniper too, 11k kills/6k deaths, 7k kills with sniper rifle 1k with claymore. There is a LOT more to the class than claymores.
MT_Androo
Banned
+122|6439|The Suburb at Karkand
Gayest thing EVA is when people put em right in front of ur spawn normally I find out where they are Rape/Teabag/kill/shoot in ze face/poop on/clayzemore spam?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard