sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6762|Argentina
Armed Man Kills 5 at Mall in Utah

This episode and the one in Philadelphia, took the lives of 8 people. 

Why do these shootings happen so often in the US?  Would they happen without the Right to Bear Arms?  Is it safe a civilian carrying a gun?  I'm asking, not making a judgement.  I want to know your opinion about these cases, because they happen frequently.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-02-14 09:12:58)

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6654|Washington DC

Copycat behavior ... people are just acting out their violence in ways that are popular in the news.

Back in the 60's, there were a stream of assassinations ... haven't had one of those in quite some time in the US.
misfire00
Lead Magnet
+26|6786|Charleston SC - USA
I don't think these shootings are more prolific then they used to be. There just brought to the world's attention more due to the increase in media such as 24/7 CNN, BBC, Reuters and that wind bag Fox News.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6667|USA
Well the Utah one was some little punk ass who's parents will probably blame it on heavy metal.

I dont believe the right to bear arms is a direct link to crazy people bearing arms and killing people. For every asshole who can't handle life and goes on a shooting rampage, there are 1,000,000 who don't.

The way our world is going now we're lucky there aren't 20-30 of these a day. I'd say we're doing pretty darn good.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6651|Peoria
Naw, taking away the right to bear arms wouldn't do anything to curb shootings.
Commie Killer
+192|6391

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Well the Utah one was some little punk ass who's parents will probably blame it on heavy metal.

I dont believe the right to bear arms is a direct link to crazy people bearing arms and killing people. For every asshole who can't handle life and goes on a shooting rampage, there are 1,000,000 who don't.

The way our world is going now we're lucky there aren't 20-30 of these a day. I'd say we're doing pretty darn good.
Damn.......I totally agree with you, thats a first.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6740|Salt Lake City

It was all over the news on every channel here.  The thing is, this wasn't a hand gun or anything like that.  It was a shotgun that he used.

In fact, one of the people I work with was right next to the mall when the police first got there and were surrounding the mall.  One of the police even did a roll over the hood of her car.

Last edited by Agent_Dung_Bomb (2007-02-14 09:14:54)

Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6650
Rap music.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6667|USA

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Rap music.
Dixie Chicks
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6650
Lower gun crime = higher knife crime. Keep that in mind.
misfire00
Lead Magnet
+26|6786|Charleston SC - USA

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Rap music.
Dixie Chicks
Dixie Shits
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6667|USA

misfire00 wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Rap music.
Dixie Chicks
Dixie Shits
Agreed. They shot Earl. Bad influence.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6740|Salt Lake City

I'm with Fancy, it's rap music.  You know, ""Yo, yo, strap on a nine and kill some ho's."  What a bunch of garbage.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6762|Argentina

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

misfire00 wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Dixie Chicks
Dixie Shits
Agreed. They shot Earl. Bad influence.
Bad karma.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6635|Washington, DC

I think Utah and Colorado are a breeding ground for nuts who do this sort of stuff. Seriously, if I saw some person on an internets forum from New York say "omg i hate life i want it all to end, but i wanna go out with a bang" I wouldn't give two shits. Change that "From:" to Colorado and I dial the ATF as quick as possible.
[RaWr]-Impsux
Have Guns, Will Travel.
+28|6561

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Good, cause I figure people would be able to protect themselves alot better than being shot at.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6651

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Lot harder to knife a person than it is to shoot them.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6667|USA

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

I'm with Fancy, it's rap music.  You know, ""Yo, yo, strap on a nine and kill some ho's."  What a bunch of garbage.
So everyone who has gone on a rampage and killed people can be linked to listening to rap music? Source?
topal63
. . .
+533|6723

[RaWr]-Impsux wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Good, cause I figure people would be able to protect themselves alot better than being shot at.

Not only that... I say make it more personal; make it something that happens at close range. Put the "work" back into murder... guns are for lazy people.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6740|Salt Lake City

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

So everyone who has gone on a rampage and killed people can be linked to listening to rap music? Source?
Dude, I think your sarcasm detector is unplugged.  However, the "Gansta rap" being crap comment was dead serious.

Last edited by Agent_Dung_Bomb (2007-02-14 09:41:42)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6667|USA

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Dude, I think your sarcasm detector is unplugged.
Ohhhhhhhhhh....is this another random jab at a sergeriver thread? Someones pussy hurt again?

My bad on the sarcasm detector; plugged back in.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6478|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
im waiting for some cunt (news reporters or noobs who know nothing) to say it was all grand theft auto's fault and should ban violent video games!
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6658
Don't the trenchcoat mafia usually listen to emo?  A bit of rap would probably sort them right out...
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6740|Salt Lake City

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Dude, I think your sarcasm detector is unplugged.
Ohhhhhhhhhh....is this another random jab at a sergeriver thread? Someones pussy hurt again?

My bad on the sarcasm detector; plugged back in.
No, no jab at anyone's thread.  Is there one where I should take a jab? 
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6427|San Antonio, TX
True these shootings seem to be happening a lot in the US, but is it any different than a suicide bomber detonating himself in a market, or the recent incident in Iran?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/02/ … index.html

IMO... we Americans should probably be glad these people shooting others here in the US are too stupid/lazy to figure out how to build bombs.

On another note, these shootings probably also happen in other countries (possibly not as frequently), but since the world has access to our news/media, everyone knows about our dirty laundry.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard