Poll

Do you think that it should be possible to throw back a grenade?

Yes76%76% - 127
No23%23% - 39
Total: 166
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6637|New Hampshire, USA
Actually you can throw the nades back in Call of Duty 3
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Chorcai
+49|6653|Ireland

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

mcjagdflieger
Champion of Dueling Rectums
+26|6316|South Jersey

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

you should be able to press G and deactivate the grenade by holding the lever down. maybe then, you would be forced to throw it, and if you switched weaps with it, you would blow? good idea dezerteagal5 you deserve mad karma
for a frag to become active, the lever is seperated from the grenade, after pulling the pin. a grenade with the lever still attached is not activated. there is no way to prevent it from exploding, bar a dud.
and i dont know about you guys, but if i were in a real life situation, and see a nade comin my way, you can bet your mothers vagina i wouldnt pick up a live fucking grenade. i think id shit myself before i got the chance to throw it. i guarantee you id use all my might to jump an incredibly butt being filled with shrapnel saving 3 feet away.
Delphy
+45|6591|Bristol, UK
It does piss me off how you have almost no chance to get away from a gade if it lands next to you. In rl, you could dive a good few feet away from it, but nooo, bf2 soldiers are all cripples and take 5 seconds to get up etc.
AWSMsniper
+3|6315

mcjagdflieger wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

you should be able to press G and deactivate the grenade by holding the lever down. maybe then, you would be forced to throw it, and if you switched weaps with it, you would blow? good idea dezerteagal5 you deserve mad karma
for a frag to become active, the lever is seperated from the grenade, after pulling the pin. a grenade with the lever still attached is not activated. there is no way to prevent it from exploding, bar a dud.
and i dont know about you guys, but if i were in a real life situation, and see a nade comin my way, you can bet your mothers vagina i wouldnt pick up a live fucking grenade. i think id shit myself before i got the chance to throw it. i guarantee you id use all my might to jump an incredibly butt being filled with shrapnel saving 3 feet away.
also, all those movies where the hero stuff the pin back are technically worng. read http://science.howstuffworks.com/grenade.htm to finds out more of how they work. Also, I would not pick  up a grenade in real life. I might kick it, or if its really desperate, dive onto it, so my body armor could stop shrapnel. I would save my sqaud, and I may survive, albeit with major injuries. OR, just hide behind a barrier.
Volatile
+252|6710|Sextupling in Empire

You should be able to prone over top of it to save your teammates, and if your teammates are in the blast radius you get points for saving them.
Des.Kmal
+917|6623|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
that would take too long, make hit G to pick it up, and have less than 2 seconds to throw it? hell no.

no.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6651

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

mmmmm, i should be able to throw enemy grenads back but enemy shouldnt be allowed to throw my grenades back   
yeah that would be fun throwing them back and forth and while you try to throw it your head explodes and u die lol.

But yeah if someone throws a nade you should have a 5-10 sec limit to throw it back to them.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6483|Communist Republic of CA, USA

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

You should be able to prone over top of it to save your teammates, and if your teammates are in the blast radius you get points for saving them.
In America's Army you can do this.  A frag got chucked into my squad, and since I was almost dead anyway, I just proned on top of it, and my squadmates (all exposed and in range) survived without any damage.  Shame no one noticed it or said thanks, but I felt better.
jsnipy
+3,276|6528|...

I think adding the gravity gun to bf2 would solve many problems.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6644|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Yes and each kit should have a tennis racket so you just take it out and bowww you throw it back

Last edited by Andoura (2007-02-14 20:17:37)

nonexistentusmc
+26|6451|Queens, NYC
As mentioned above, real grenades would make me shit my pants too. I threw a live one during MCT (Marine Combat Training), and that thing basically exploded right after I threw it, almost no delay. No way in hell I'd even try throwing that sucker back. And the shock and explosion is very powerful, even behind a wall, and also even on the tower while watching other Marines chuck it over the wall. A grenade is not really something you can play with. It's pretty weighty too for a small baseball sized object, and obviously POWERFUL.

It'd be nice to have the option to chuck it back, but it'd probably blow up midair just as it was leaving your hands, killing you anyway. There's a 5 meter radius where I think everyone around that is pretty much dead. That's 15 feet, pretty wide in my opinion. BF2 doesn't even compare, because sometimes I can be maybe 5 feet from it and I'll still have 25% health left.
ecnerwaL[det]
+4|6327
Picking up live nades to vainly attempt throwing them?  Think again.  Although the whole "kick-it-away" idea doesn't sound half bad.  If the soldier is sure-footed, then maybe you could pull of some Shaolin Soccer type action and save the day.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6396

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

In Call of Duty 2, only the bots can and it really pisses me off when my nades come bouncing back.

Me:  Chuck grenade through window.
German:  Shout "Kartoffelpuffer" and chuck it back.
Teammate (bot):  Shout "Potato masher!" and pick it up and chuck it back in.

Apart from the fact that Kartoffelpuffer is probably historically innacurate, especially since it's a direct translation (and since when did Russians speak English?!), I strongly doubt that anyone would have enough time to throw the grenade twice before it exploded.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6329|Graz, Austria

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

You can't do that in real life.
The lever gets flung off by a strong spring as soon as the grenade (with the pin removed) leaves your hand holding it down.
The same spring is also used to strike the percussion cap.

My friend has a training handgrenade from the Austrian army, and that thing is quite heavy. You definitely won't throw as easily like a tennisball.

Also consider that the fuse starts with the thrower throwing the grenade away, while it continues burning when you want to pick it up. The thrower can thus make a large swing to throw the grenade well, while it only gives the fuse more time when you want to try that.
If your really get to grab the grenade and throw it back, it'll most likely blast in your face or a few meters in front of you.

Also, you don't know if the thrower has the grenade cooked off.

I'd rather use the remaining seconds to run as hell for cover or throw myself to the ground, head facing away.
Grenades have a cone-shaped explosion, so the further you are away, the less shrapnel will hit you.
weasel_thingo
+74|6332
you should be able to kick it but not throw it coz you wouldnt have the time but also i think they should make it so you can time the fuse of your grenade like if you hold it longer etc
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6627|Gold coast, Aus.
Negative. Lame idea.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6329|Graz, Austria

weasel_thingo wrote:

you should be able to kick it but not throw it coz you wouldnt have the time but also i think they should make it so you can time the fuse of your grenade like if you hold it longer etc
In America's Army cooking off a grenade is done by holding the right mouse button followed by pressing and holding the left mouse button, IIRC. In BF2 both mouse buttons are already used, though.

Kicking a grenade is even more unrealistic then grabbing & throwing it. I bet you couldn't even kick it a few meters on anything than flat, hard ground. A grenade is a small, unevenly shaped metal chunk, not round ball.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6351|Twyford, UK

jsnipy wrote:

I think adding the gravity gun to bf2 would solve many problems.
QFT&E. Toss grenades back, hurl guns at people, deflect vehicles...
TuataraDude
+115|6528|Aotearoa
It would be fun to do, assuming the nade didn't travel a high trajectory and explode as you picked it up. Seems when I throw one, they land and all the people around run away, kill me, have dinner, then it goes off. When one comes at me, it lands and I barely have time to go Sh**.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard