Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6438|The Land of Scott Walker
I had to play 2142 so I wouldn't go through BF2s withdrawal.  Glad it's back!
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6618|Quebec city, Canada
sunday I had to empty myself 23 times because there was no bf2s to kill time.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6323|teh alien spaceshit
Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6757|Dallas
At last, the long night is over.

Good job server team!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

Excellent.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6383

BF2s is back. Yay!

Btw, it was pretty funny when the background came up again at first.  There was all this error text over the BF2s background, and there were two logos.

Good to see it back in action.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6614|Gold coast, Aus.

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

I never realised how boring the rest of the internet is. I'm glad everything's back
I just realised that nearly all my time on the internets is on BF2s. Which brings me to a question, how many posts do i have? Can an admin tell me plexoz?
13rin
+977|6472

chuyskywalker wrote:

Ok, long story short:
  • Hard drive died
  • Hard drive replaced
  • Operating System reinstalled
  • Webserver set back up
  • Web files and MySQL databases restored
  • Site functional
7. CSW is a bad mofo who fixed it with the quickness of a mongoose
8. throngs of BF2ers bow to his uber leet ness.
9. thorngs of bf2ers beat my ass for typing uber leet ness.

-you rock man.  Thanks.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6644
Why didnt you guys have a raid 0 configured storage system instead of just a single drive?

Edit: hell i might as well say 0+1 system.

Last edited by Drunken_Tankdriver (2007-02-13 22:06:18)

https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
psH
Banned
+217|6376|Sydney

DonFck wrote:

Thank you!

*DonFck [bearhugs] Jeff and everyone else involved in the recovery process*
I hate the people who whore that. Its too accurate.
NasmNLH
+6|6641

Drunken_Tankdriver wrote:

Why didnt you guys have a raid 0 configured storage system instead of just a single drive?

Edit: hell i might as well say 0+1 system.
Yeah, RAID 0 provides NO redundancy.  RAID 0+1 requires >= 4 drives and as they've stated they have a 1U server with room for only 2 drives.  That would leave RAID 1 as the only option, although performance probably isn't going to be good for a database server with RAID 1.  I'm sure they'll figure a solution that fits the bill.

*Edited for spelling

Last edited by NasmNLH (2007-02-13 22:12:58)

Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6644
Well, from the sounds of everything it was made to sound like 1 drive took a shit and braught down such a huge and popular site. so looks like it needs to be upgraded to a 2U then. Big sites need big servers, kind of an easy concept. I know the bill would be tall for it though.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6652|The darkside of Denver
Thanks for the hard work getting the site back up and running. We all appreciate it.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS
My life is saved.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
{DGC}{jr.}Blitzkrieg
+10|6828|Arizona
Thank you for putting so much time and effort into these forums, stats, and all-around bad ass server. I know me and many others really appreciate it. Thanks again.

Last edited by {DGC}{jr.}Blitzkrieg (2007-02-13 22:38:41)

CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6582|California U.S.A
Seriously, thanks to all involved in getting BF2s online again.

To Chuy and the rest of the Admin and Mod crew you guys did a Fan-fucking-tastic job to reboot this online community. I was really getting the shakes the past couple of days.

I put my Engineer wrench to the screen but could not seem to get the double yellow circle to reapair the harddrive...then I think I got hit with Artillery. 

I wonder how much it would cost to ship a Keg of beer to each of the Amin/Mod crew?
rawls
Banned
+11|6807|California, USA

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

I never realised how boring the rest of the internet is. I'm glad everything's back
So true!!
RustyNails
BF2s US Server Admin
+31|6611|Margaritaville via Austin

GG Chuy and duk0r - bf2s ftw!!!
GIBSON LIVES!!!!
Homie22
+34|6604|Orange County, California
w00t
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Good job fellas and thank you...
Xbone Stormsurgezz
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

Well, from the sounds of everything it was made to sound like 1 drive took a shit and braught down such a huge and popular site. so looks like it needs to be upgraded to a 2U then. Big sites need big servers, kind of an easy concept. I know the bill would be tall for it though.
I'm considering purchasing another 150 raptor and putting them into raid 1 -- but then I am left with no backup drive internally -- plus 150 really isn't much wiggle room. (Consider your stats all take up near about 30 gb for just the mysql data...)

Perhaps a USB drive I mount/unmount for backups. Problem is, I'm not sure how you take a system installed on a single drive and then dup it to another and magically tell the system "er, uh, hey -- surplise: raid!"

Either way there will be a far more comprehensive backup scheme brought up in the next few weeks.

Edit: the mobo has onboard RAID 0, 1, or 10 (not that it has room for 2 more drives...) That may be another upgrade sometime this weekend. We'll see.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6803|NÃ¥rvei

Yay, great to be back - great job Chuy
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6779|Bulgaria
oh, it really sucks when your HDD goes to hell
I'm glad the site's back... and I hope the stats updates will be back soon too.
NiMhurchu
Suicide Operations
+13|6840|Germany
Goooood moooooorning, Vietnaaaaam! Hey, this is not a test, this is ROCK'N'ROLL!
Thanks to everybody for this hard work!
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6644

chuyskywalker wrote:

I'm considering purchasing another 150 raptor and putting them into raid 1 -- but then I am left with no backup drive internally -- plus 150 really isn't much wiggle room. (Consider your stats all take up near about 30 gb for just the mysql data...)
Right thats why you run 0+1 for redundancy. one drive goes down and you can stick a new one in and have it back itself up and be on your way.

Last edited by Drunken_Tankdriver (2007-02-14 00:20:42)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard