Fen321
+54|6503|Singularity
"Russian President Vladimir Putin has criticised the United States for what he said was its "almost uncontained" use of force around the world." - Article

Talking points:

Why would Russia come out and admit this now?

How does this fit in to the overall international scene at present?

*_*
Personally, this comes as a bit of surprise, but i can somewhat see how Russia would have a sort of polar opposite effect due to not so long distant memories of Cold-War politics. Although, this may be the easiest conclusion to come to, but one must forget whom this turn of events has been leading in aggressive behavior.

Whom is being contained now?

Fixed link..

Last edited by Fen321 (2007-02-10 12:31:44)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6771|UK
I think maybe he is trying to restore some kind of political power through gaining strong anti American countries favour whatever the cost.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6606|132 and Bush

Vilham wrote:

I think maybe he is trying to restore some kind of political power through gaining strong anti American countries favour whatever the cost.
Getting on the bandwagon is he?..lol

He has big time interest in Iran and he is trying to portray America in a negative light to hold off aggression via sanctions that will cost his nation billions. Fair enough?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Fen321
+54|6503|Singularity
Fair enough, would imply the same latitude of self interest via political clout for Russia.

Simply put i do not find it the least bit surprising that RUSSIA would protect its INTEREST just the same way WE protect OUR interest in the MIDDLE EAST.

lol i just think its funny that anyone can label either side the "good" or "bad" (not that anyone has--I'm sure someone will)
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6771|UK
lol Kmarion im sorry.. but i just cant read your posts with that picture of my flatmate in ur sig! Its so anoying!!!
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6372|Columbus, Ohio
Maybe Putin should look at his own country for not knowing what happened to a shitload of nuclear weapons and material.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6606|132 and Bush

Fen321 wrote:

Fair enough, would imply the same latitude of self interest via political clout for Russia.

Simply put i do not find it the least bit surprising that RUSSIA would protect its INTEREST just the same way WE protect OUR interest in the MIDDLE EAST.
Wait a second, you said in the OP you did find it surprising... .

And Vill it has gotten me too much karma to take it down now..lol

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-02-10 13:28:09)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
alpinestar
+304|6601|New York City baby.
Putin says it best.
"One state, the United States, has overstepped its national borders in every way."
"It is a world of one master, one sovereign ... it has nothing to do with democracy,"
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6757

alpinestar wrote:

Putin says it best.
"One state, the United States, has overstepped its national borders in every way."
"It is a world of one master, one sovereign ... it has nothing to do with democracy,"
Putin is right to....
The US has overdone it.
Capt_Flapjack
+12|6760|Kansas City, MO, USA
Putin is just jealous of the US.  His country is the shit hole of the world.

Last edited by Capt_Flapjack (2007-02-10 14:24:17)

Parker
isteal
+1,452|6399|The Gem Saloon
i dont trust any politician farther than i can fuckin throw them......especially putin.
second chief directorate anyone??

i have a theory that russia and china are going to wind up going at it.....if anyone is interested ill explain, but its too long to type for no one to read lol
--->[Your]Phobia<---
+35|6761|UK - England

Capt_Flapjack wrote:

Putin is just jealous of the US.  His country is the shit hole of the world.
LoL. Don't you mean your country is a 'shit hole'. Personally I think Putin is right. Its time countries stud up to 'America' and you know what they all will .

Last edited by --->[Your]Phobia<--- (2007-02-10 15:42:10)

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6654|Washington DC

If you are going to post in this thread, please address the topic ... flaming and personal insults are not appropriate.

Let's try again ...

*turns hose off*
--->[Your]Phobia<---
+35|6761|UK - England
Putin's speech was not to confront it's an invitation to think.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6350|Twyford, UK
Why admit it now?

The US Army is overstretched, the Air Force is facing budget cuts, the government is split clear down the middle, and they fired most of the nuke-minders. This way, he gets his old allies in the middle east on his side, along with China and maybe even Japan.
mike_01042
Banned
+9|6333|Nasareth
weapons of maaass destruction
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6606|132 and Bush

Taking advice from Putin on world affairs is like asking Rosie O'Donnell for diet advice. This is coming from a country who had to split into several republics just to maintain it's existence.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lamming
+6|6573

Kmarion wrote:

Taking advice from Putin on world affairs is like asking Rosie O'Donnell for diet advice. This is coming from a country who had to split into several republics just to maintain it's existence.
You think Putin decided to do that? lol
redhawk454
+50|6553|Divided States of America
It would be like Hillary Clinton giving advice on how to please a husband
Tompie913
I like Chinese
+12|6388|Pittsburgh, PA
The US does fight wars it shouldn't be in, it's wasting the lives of our troops. Can someone give me one good and valid reason why we're in Korea or Iraq? Afghanistan is understandable, Bin Laden killed thousands of American citizens. I can even understand concern over Iran, they're an Anti-American country with a nuclear program, but Iraq had no WMDs and if the North Koreans attack the South, we'll be dragged in there and the same for Taiwan. We're not the world police and we're wasting American lives by doing so
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6606|132 and Bush

lamming wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I said coming from a country. The one he represents. You think one man makes up the US presidency?

Tompie913 wrote:

Can someone give me one good and valid reason why we're in Korea or Iraq?
I don't know faulty British intelligence maybe?
http://www.number10.gov.uk/output/Page275.asp

Do we have troops in NK that I don't know about?

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-02-10 16:40:35)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Fen321 wrote:

"Russian President Vladimir Putin has criticised the United States for what he said was its "almost uncontained" use of force around the world." - Article
Pot. Kettle. Black.
lamming
+6|6573

Kmarion wrote:

lamming wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I said coming from a country. The one he represents. You think one man makes up the US presidency?
You better consult how much momey US spent to force collaps of SU.
US world politics is unacceptable. Where is US and where are Iraq, Vietnam, etc. You really think US has right to send their forces to any country for some stupid reason? Kill people there, and then say "Oops, sorry, our intelligence service sucked, no WoMD there." US even can't carry out those operations well enough. They encounter problems everywhere they intrude.
Putin's statemnet is obvios, just there are countries wich are afraid to say this, and there are ones wich are not.
PS Sorry my english ^)
lamming
+6|6573

Tompie913 wrote:

The US does fight wars it shouldn't be in, it's wasting the lives of our troops. Can someone give me one good and valid reason why we're in Korea or Iraq? Afghanistan is understandable, Bin Laden killed thousands of American citizens. I can even understand concern over Iran, they're an Anti-American country with a nuclear program, but Iraq had no WMDs and if the North Koreans attack the South, we'll be dragged in there and the same for Taiwan. We're not the world police and we're wasting American lives by doing so
QFT
EDIT ops double, sorry

Last edited by lamming (2007-02-10 16:52:01)

usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6372|Columbus, Ohio

lamming wrote:

You better consult how much momey US spent to force collaps of SU.
You better consult the S.....oh wait, there is no more SU.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard