imortal
+240|6677|Austin, TX
We all know it's coming.  Another Battlefield.  Whether it is Battlefield 3, or something else, we know it is on the way.  This is an open list of suggestions, hopes, and frank pleas to EA and DICE regarding the next BF in the series.  BFx.

-Don't release it until it is ready.  Honestly, don't.  If you tell us you want to hold shipping it for six months to correct some bugs, the gamers will understand.
-New Graphics engine!
-Make the graphics really a wow factor.  Make us all want to go out and buy a pair of SLI cards and a physX card.
-Be able to support multi-screens.
-Be able to work with the PhysX card.
-96 player maps.
-Be multi-genre.  Have the ultimate BF game, and be able to switch between BF1942, BF2, and BF2142 styles.  Bring the gamers a single game to scratch three itches. 
-Yes, it is okay if it is a 2 DVD game.
- Server options:
   *Ability to control who fights what team.  Maybe we want to have MEC v. PLA matches.
   *Ability to play cross-genres.  Ever wonder how the WWII Wehrmacht would hold out against the PAC of 2142?  You would have to make sure the abilities balanced, though.  Wonder who would REALLY win in a J-10/ Doragon head to head?
   *universal map usage.  Yes, PAC v EU in 'kirkland.'
   *Sever could control what level of vehicles spawn.  No choppers/ no jets/ no armor.
- 2142 style unlock system.  The unlock system devised in 2142 is an improvement over the BF2 style.  I think, at least. However, there could be a few touch ups.
   *3 branches per kit instead of 2.  Get creative, it isn't hard.
   *More universal unlocks.
      > Gas grenades (support)
      > Gas mask - universal
      >Zip Line - universal
      >Grappling hook - universal  ...yes, I am stealing these from SF.  So?  Does that make them bad ideas?
      >Bayonett (assault) Gives knife attacks with greater range.  Range like defib range.
      > Multi grenade launcher (assault kit 3) Milkor M32 Grenade Launcher http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/futur … r-m32.html (coutesy of Discovery channel) for BF2 or a similar weapon for 2142.
      > Anti Tank Rifle for 1942 for Engineer.
      > make guille suit unlock for 1942 and BF2 at par with active camo for 2142.
      > kit 3 for recon weapon Suppressed SMG. For REAL sneaks.
      > vehicle tagger (recon) small paintgun like rifle fires a vehicle marker on enemy vehicle, makes the vehicle show up on friendly teams vehicle until marker or vehicle is destroyed.
      > BF2 Recon upgrade laser guidance for LG missiles and bombs.
      > new smg option for Engineer.  Think gatling gun that fires .22LR  Wicked 3000 RPM, bullets do VERY small  damage individually, 100 rd magazine.
      > Make Body Armor an unlock.  Make another unlock for even heavier body armor, but no sprint at all, and only the 'tired' jump.
      > (C'mon, use your imagination)
   *New kit style:
          1. knife (everyone)
          2. pistol (everyone)
          3. Primary weapon.  the usual
          4. Kit specific weapon. (AT/AA missile, bayonett, under barrell shotty or grenade launcher, etc. OR hand grenades.
          5. Kit specific special Item (Medic bag, ammo bag, wrench, binos.)
          6. Kit equip space 1
          7. Kit equip space 2
          8. Squad leader equip space
    *Recon standard equip.  Binoculars.  Using the binoculars, any enemy ID'd is visible on the map to entire team, as if lit by a UAV.
    * Have rank ups have 'universal' unlocks, that unlock that branch level for all 3 genres.  Fewer ranks.
    * Have genre specific unlocks, for those playing mainly in a single genre.   Yes, the two would add together, so in 2142, you may only be at level 2 for the assault B branch, but in the (BF2) area, you would be a level 4.
    * Yes, I am proposing maybe 75 unlocks, maybe more.  And that is for one genre, although the branches would be of a similar specialty cross genres. Assault Branch B would be the Medic branch, in all three genres, for example.  This many unlocks, and lots of opportunities to unlock everything, would make things... more interesting.  Adapt?
    * have unlocks as a reward for certain badges/ medals, etc.  ie.  Silver Assault combat would allow an unlock from ONE genre in the assault kit.  and so on.  Does not have to be rank-only unlocks, but a promotion unlock would be a cross-genre unlock.

okay, back on track...
-NO expansion packs.  If anything, sell us specialy mappacks.  Have mappack requirements on the server lists.  Exp packs like inf only maps, dogfighting maps with 12+ jets per team. Armor specialty maps.
-Release a new map to add to the list every 6 months.  How do you get these maps?  Run a contest, winner gets the map chosen, with credit applied.

NOTE- opportunity for money. Have an EA official clan list.  A clan paying a modest monthly fee (MODEST) would have a blurb and description on a BF clan web page, and a link to their clan web site.  Sponsor clan on clan matches, and post ladder results. Another benifit?  *Official* clans will automatically group together on the same team in a server, auto matching option/ server capacity permitting, even if it bumps someone to the other team to make room.   *Unofficial* or ad-hoc clans opperate as they do currently.

I am sure there is more, but my mind is turning to mush.  Question, comments?  Feel free to add your own ideas.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6403

They should start anew.

Please, no more stuffed-up, hitbox lacking, buggy games.

EDIT:  But Physics and Ragdolls would be nice...

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-02-09 20:01:19)

maniacmattie
Karma Whore.. LOL
+27|6314

some_random_panda wrote:

They should start anew.

Please, no more stuffed-up, hitbox lacking, buggy games.

EDIT:  But Physics and Ragdolls would be nice...
2142 has ragdolls, havent you ever seen someone get sniped by a rorsch?
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6711|U.S
That sounds pretty good to me. it would be cool to see the Allies against the PAC.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6698|Hell's prison
Heres a suggestion I been making since day one, if a troop in the Army/Marines/AF/Navy whatever, gets further in their career they get better at certain things.  Namely reloading a weapon, faster.  knock off some reload time as the rank moves up.
sniper09735
+12|6638
lmao i love this BF2 came out what 2 years ago and there was little talk of a new Battle field and now 2142 came out maybe 7 monthsa ago and there is talk of a new one.  Well i would like to see more expansions for BF2
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6569|Brisbane, Aus

those are some great ideas. I'd say the greatest possibility of a new battlefield would probably be 'History Of War' going though the previous titles.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6708|UK
Medieval battlefield!!

Assault=Knights
Sniper=Archers
etc.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6506|N. Ireland

imortal wrote:

-Don't release it until it is ready.  Honestly, don't.  If you tell us you want to hold shipping it for six months to correct some bugs, the gamers will understand.
-Make the graphics really a wow factor.  Make us all want to go out and buy a pair of SLI cards and a physX card.
-96 player maps.
ideas.
If a game was released with no bugs at all.. it wouldn't be released for years. And by that time, it'd be rubbish.
Not everyone is made of money. SLI and PhysX would cost a LOT.
96 Player Maps? LOL!! 64 is mad enough and you want to add another 32? That's just crazy and it would lag like anything.

2142 already has enough unlocks, and they don't need more.. Honestly, I think you just wasted your time writing this thread because EA will never implement it.
herrr_smity
+156|6640|space command ur anus
pirate battlefield, yarrrr
Megalomatthew
+6|6422
blood.
imortal
+240|6677|Austin, TX

leetkyle wrote:

imortal wrote:

-96 player maps.
ideas.
If a game was released with no bugs at all.. it wouldn't be released for years. And by that time, it'd be rubbish.
Not everyone is made of money. SLI and PhysX would cost a LOT.
96 Player Maps? LOL!! 64 is mad enough and you want to add another 32? That's just crazy and it would lag like anything.

2142 already has enough unlocks, and they don't need more.. Honestly, I think you just wasted your time writing this thread because EA will never implement it.
A lot of the lag may be connections, and how player data is transmitted to the servers.  I bet if they reworked it a bit, they could do it.  Increases in the technology.  They said the same thing about 16 player matches.  I LIKE the idea of 48 on 48.  Nor am I made out of money.  I did not say MAKE us go out and buy it; I said make us WANT to go out and buy it.  New and improved graphics does not seem to be too much to ask of a new game.  And take a look at the number of bugs BF2 and 2142 came with out of the box.  Maybe not bug-free, but atleast without a CTD bug that hits you every couple games?
bootsy
Banned
+9|6299
yes, a blood pack like bf1942,and rain/snow,changing daylite,from morning to nite,weather variables,lightning,better players
Storgie
how about this thread for whiners
+15|6587|federal way washington
i would like to do away with the solo warriors and make the highest rank commander, the next sqd ldr and force everyone into a sqd

then make scoring based on being near your sqd ldr, that would mean that the sqd ldr dies next highest is in charge till he revives and that sqd ldr revives to sqd location

give points for good sqd activity and minus for disobeying orders

oh and damn it, give engeneer a point for disarming foe mines
Longbow
+163|6659|Odessa, Ukraine
Modern combat ; not all those futuristic shit .
jsnipy
+3,276|6535|...

- realism, gore, good voice overs, etc.
- lay down projectors
- water vehicles
- cowbell
imortal
+240|6677|Austin, TX

Longbow wrote:

Modern combat ; not all those futuristic shit .
That is the beauty of a multi-genre setup.  They all use the same physics; all that changes are the player skins, kits, and vehicles. Of course, the map will have the static defenses of the period the map came from.  MEC and USMC fighting in Fall of Berlin with M1s and LAV25s taken out by railguns.
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6577|UK

Samtheman53 wrote:

Medieval battlefield!!

Assault=Knights
Sniper=Archers
etc.
tking for horses =P
imortal
+240|6677|Austin, TX

Ninja_Monkey wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

Medieval battlefield!!

Assault=Knights
Sniper=Archers
etc.
tking for horses =P
camping the catapult. glitching the castle wall. two handed sword unlock FTW! but the horse doesn't explode when you hit it with a sniper crossbow.
jord
+2,382|6691|The North, beyond the wall.
Not that anyway will read this involved in the making of a new game but im bored so:

Blood,seriously how hard is it to put blood in?
Make it an passworded option if you want so parents cant complain.When someone gets shot then they go off and hide then there should be a trail of blood for me to follow.

More ranks,ranks in 2142 are easier to get,instead of making them harder make more of them and more unlocks to go with them.

I said this around a year ago but here it goes again-Animals.

I wan't to be able to strap explosives to animals and slap them in the direction of the enemy,then detonate.
Or use them for cover.

Equip differant shit to weapons like in other games like Hitman BM.I wan't to put a 4x scope a silencer and a 100 round drum magazine on my m4.Make it like only 3 slots per rifle and 1 per pistol.Then you can't attach Grenade launchers,sliencers,armour piercing bullets,sniper scope,drum magazine to a gun and dominate everyone.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6513|so randum

jord wrote:

Not that anyway will read this involved in the making of a new game but im bored so:

Make it an passworded option if you want so parents cant complain.When someone gets shot then they go off and hide then there should be a trail of blood for me to follow.
Basically, if they leave blood out, they can sell to a larger audience, namely 16+, as opposed to with blood, 18+
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
imortal
+240|6677|Austin, TX

fatherted13 wrote:

jord wrote:

Basically, if they leave blood out, they can sell to a larger audience, namely 16+, as opposed to with blood, 18+
Too true.  Apparently, lots of adults are screaming that the blood is too much.  It is okay to blow stuff up, but not to see the result.  I have nothing against blood, but make it realistic, not gallons of it spraying just to see it.  The idea of a blood trail is pretty cool.  How about wounded aiming and moving issues.  Gut-shot players can be seen to be bending over and cannot sprint anymore?
jsnipy
+3,276|6535|...

fatherted13 wrote:

jord wrote:

in that case, add in buckets
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6643|Washington, DC

Native widescreen support, which they'll be forced to do if EA wants the Games for Windows certification.
GR34
+215|6557|ALBERTA> CANADA
I can sum up what the next battlefield should be in one word: Korea (never has a game taken place in the Korean war)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard