-=256=-Evo_Wales
The New Evolution in gaming...
+14|6773|Cardiff, Wales
Note: Not my clan position-when our forums and site get back up i'll post our Code of Conduct for you all

No problems with camping a normal capture point. (Emphasis on a point you can capture) This is mainly because going in on your own the chances of you getting killed if many enemies spawn there seeing their flag go down are greatly increased. So you should stay out of the way, killing people if necessary then waiting for reinforcemants to cap it. This is especially true if you try to cap a flag on your own in a tank, as someone will C4 you, so standing out a killing spawners until help comes is fair game.

However, the problem comes when you have people camping an uncap, if they have stolen a tank and are just picking spawners off one by one, they are being (in my opinion) twats who are just there for kills. If you are Spec-Ops in there to destroy assets then fair enough, as long as you don't stay in there for ages. This is especially true when the uncap is your last flag left, and the whole opponent army is sitting in your spawn area, you will have no chance. And to those who say, 'Don't spawn again' then doesn't that destroy the point of the game of playing to win? Or to have fun?

Well, that is just how i see it, and i try to avoid spawn camping, and avoid getting in the situation of being spawn camped.

If you were to spawn camp on my clan server, i would kick you or ban you (depending on my mood) after warning you via chat. To those who say you shouldn't be treated like that on a server for a game you bought, remember, the server admins set the rules, and you are a guest on the server, so you can just fuck off if you break the rules, which are stated on server connection, and during the game
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6829
If you dont want to get Spawnraped, spawn at the next flag and let us take it. Simple.
thinner44
+1|6825

-=256=-Evo_Wales wrote:

If you were to spawn camp on my clan server, i would kick you or ban you (depending on my mood) after warning you via chat. To those who say you shouldn't be treated like that on a server for a game you bought, remember, the server admins set the rules, and you are a guest on the server, so you can just fuck off if you break the rules, which are stated on server connection, and during the game
I was right with you till this last paragraph  ^ . You're right of course, it is your server and we are there by a 'kind' of invitation... the fact we choose your server is by our right to play, if you don't want us to play there, then that's your choice. And I'm not sure what the 'FO' bit is all about, why cuss now before we've even had the chance to play there.... good way to win friends and influence people ... but in what you originally say, you are right
-=256=-Evo_Wales
+14|6773|Cardiff, Wales

thinner44 wrote:

-=256=-Evo_Wales wrote:

I was right with you till this last paragraph  ^ . You're right of course, it is your server and we are there by a 'kind' of invitation... the fact we choose your server is by our right to play, if you don't want us to play there, then that's your choice. And I'm not sure what the 'FO' bit is all about, why cuss now before we've even had the chance to play there.... good way to win friends and influence people ... but in what you originally say, you are right
Lol, fair points. The 'FO' as you said was just some annoyance from me, recently we have had a lot more instances of rule breaking, mainly base raping which people continued doing after warnings, so was just a hang-over from that

Anyway, relevant parts of our Code of Conduct

SPAWN-CAMPING
Warning/Kick/Ban
Lurking in or near an enemy non-capturable base purely to boost your personal score.
Spawn-Camping can also include lurking near a capturable flag just outside the capture zone to increase one’s score at the expense of the spawning players.

SPEC OPS AND UNCAPS
Only Spec Ops classes are allowed within enemy uncaps, for the express purpose of attacking enemy Commander resources.  Spec Ops player must stay on foot, but may leave with a stolen vehicle BUT not fire whilst doing so.
A Spec Ops player, whilst in the uncap, may be resupplied by crate.
Any Spec Ops player that overtly spawn camps within the uncap shall be dealt with as would any other spawn camper - kick.
That is the 'official' clan line, but we enforce it with different levels depending on the admin and the mood. I will let the Spec-Ops grab a vehicle and fire on people who attack him, as long as they do get out of the way without raping. And the first part, we generally only apply to uncaps. So yeah, most of the time at our server it depends on what admin is on, and their mood.
RCL_spd
+0|6700|Russia (currently Poland)
I do not understand all those asks for 'playing fair'. I'm only interested in that the game should be fun for me and my team, and I totally don't care what does the other team feel when basecamped/raped. Those frustrated by baseraping can defect to our side if there are empty slots.

I've been basecamped/raped at the main base as well. Usually after several deaths you spawn at relatively safe place where you can hide yourself (always press Z after you spawn) and slowly (beware of UAV!) get out of besieged base. After you are far enough from the base (that can take some time because you should not use the transport even when available - transport is easily noticable especially by jets), create the squad (if not yet) and say to your team: "spawn at me" - with such a reinforcement you have good chances to capture some other base. And yes, don't run to the flag, let your squad members capture that for you. Hide somewhere far enough, because as the flag turns white enemy commander wakes up and sends arty there.

When baseraped, I prefer spawning as medic rather than C4/AT. It is much harder to kill a medic, as he can always hide and heal to full health, so that you can be relatively safe from occasional snipers. Also, if you get unluckily killed someone of your squad members can pick your kit and revive you, so you don't have to spawn back at besieged base.

Most of ppl just have not enough patience for all that, they run to vehicles / AA / TOW sites right after they spawn and that makes their behavior easily predictable - even if they manage to get into that vehicle under enemy fire, they usually end up being bombed by enemy jets seconds later.

Last edited by RCL_spd (2006-01-08 12:27:45)

WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6784
this thread is the shit lol....

it combines the noobs tired of getting "spawn raped" and the "spawn rapers" justifying their actions

bottom line...if you don't want to get spawn raped....SPAWN SOMEWHERE ELSE..WHAT????
cause honestly, the people that keep respawning there kind of deserve what they get lmao!!!!!!11111one

-LONG LIVE THE SANDWICH ARTIST!!
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6700
As a victim of it, wow it sux.  But as it's been said... I have other choices than choosing to be a victim. Generally, spawning elsewhere and sneaking in to kill the arse doing the camping/raping is my first choice.  And not just shooting them either... C4 them and do something to get them to see me just as I push the button...a good ole knifing or better yet... the defib kill!!

Someone earlier (I forget who) said it best... the successful players adapt / modify tactics according to the map, enemy or situation. Those that don't will never be successful at this game.

Last edited by 462nd NSP653 (2006-01-08 12:59:18)

Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6821|Portland, OR, USA

I look at it this way: if it wasn't supposed to happen in the game, then the developers woulda made it so that it couldn't happen.

Stop being pussies people and pull out an RPG and pwn the tank camping your flag.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
thinner44
+1|6825

-=256=-Evo_Wales wrote:

SPEC OPS AND UNCAPS
Only Spec Ops classes are allowed within enemy uncaps, for the express purpose of attacking enemy Commander resources.  Spec Ops player must stay on foot, but may leave with a stolen vehicle BUT not fire whilst doing so.
Possibly the worst rule ever.^ The object is to stay alive, SOs enter the enemy base to destroy commander assets.... then have to leave without being able to shoot at someone that's trying to shoot you... now c'mon, is that really fair. I won't camp at an uncap purely to get kills, but I'm sure as hell going to fire back as I have to 'bust' my way out and someone's firing at me..... Please please please, rethink that particular rule. ....oh hang on, I don't even think I've been on your server, now I wonder why (sarcasm, not meant to offend you)
-=256=-Evo_Wales
+14|6773|Cardiff, Wales

thinner44 wrote:

-=256=-Evo_Wales wrote:

SPEC OPS AND UNCAPS
Possibly the worst rule ever.^ The object is to stay alive, SOs enter the enemy base to destroy commander assets.... then have to leave without being able to shoot at someone that's trying to shoot you... now c'mon, is that really fair. I won't camp at an uncap purely to get kills, but I'm sure as hell going to fire back as I have to 'bust' my way out and someone's firing at me..... Please please please, rethink that particular rule. ....oh hang on, I don't even think I've been on your server, now I wonder why (sarcasm, not meant to offend you)
Lol, no offense taken, but as i said we don't really enforce it like that. So really we need to have a review of that,  but the clan was initially born in with BF42 when it was a bigger problem, and as such some of those ideas have probably been carried over.

But c'mon, those whingeing about a cappable flag when you have others being raped, are fools, just go somewhere else ffs! I only apply the server rules when it comes to Uncappable Base raping. So meh.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6725|th3 unkn0wn

duffry wrote:

US_JackHammer wrote:

The only thing I shall have to flame you for is this lol

duffry wrote:

Helicopters in BF2 are of a different bread however.
Whilst I totally see where your coming from I would have to disagree. I fear that Bread helicopters would not fly, and if you tried to enable rocket launching butter missiles the Bread Helicopter would probably fall apart from the strain of the mountings.
LOL
Ok, you got me. I can't spell. I'm sorry.
TOASTED!
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6855|Cheshire, UK

-=256=-Evo_Wales wrote:

SPAWN-CAMPING
Warning/Kick/Ban
Lurking in or near an enemy non-capturable base purely to boost your personal score.
Spawn-Camping can also include lurking near a capturable flag just outside the capture zone to increase one’s score at the expense of the spawning players.

SPEC OPS AND UNCAPS
A Spec Ops player, whilst in the uncap, may be resupplied by crate.
Any Spec Ops player that overtly spawn camps within the uncap shall be dealt with as would any other spawn camper - kick.
I wouldn't want to try and enforce these rules even if I were of the same opinion as you. Way too hard and way too subjective.
You posted later to say that these rules are a hang-over from BF1942 and that they may need revisiting. I refer you to my first post. The whole concept has moved on througout the development of FPS games to a point where (in BF2) you can prety much let the players get on with it.
The game is a team one and being forced into a hole is not always bad. I planned a strategy for a clanwar where the main plan was to take the enemy main and hold it. They obviously wanted it back (we had free rein with their commander assets) and so surrounded us. This was fine by us as we had a sound defensive strategy and bunkered down for the duration. You could say they were spawn camping us as almost all our players were spawning at that one location and their whole team was surrounding us and shooting. We won on attrition because you really need a two or three to one number advantage before being able to defeat a good defence.

I tell this tale as an example of how the tools are there within BF2 to turn these situations to your advantage or at least mitigate the effects sufficiently. Therefore I believe 'basecamping' is not unfair in BF2 and re-itterate that much of the game design is geared towards achieving or combating it.

Spawncamping, basecamping and baseraping have been a problem in the past but BF2 is the first FPS I have played where it doesn't bother me. I have written all sorts of rules to combat unfair and unsporting play in FPS games but this just isn't required here.

TKing is unfair, hacks and cheats are unfair, swearing and abuse is rude and unfriendly, taking vehicles when someone else was waiting for it to spawn before you is cheeky and mean. These are the things I don't like to see happen in game, I see nothing wrong with a sniper covering a base to kill people, that's his job and Lord knows it's not an easy one.

That's my opinion though and there seems to be at least one person who will be avoiding my server for fear of rapeage. I guess there's a fairly even split of opinion on this one and I hoped to be able to see support for the ethos in this posts title. I thank those who have supported it as it seems most other posts/threads are negative and only bemoan basecamping in BF2.

Perhaps it's an image thing. Does the action of firing upon a base need a new name? One that isn't synonymous with unfair acts?
Ideas?

In War: Resolution
In Defeat: Defiance
In Victory: Magnanimity
In Peace: Good Will
~ Winston Churchill
=|DMZ|=ZULU
+4|6802|Birmingham, England
Okey dokey, my 2 cents....

For Spawnraping:
If you dont like it - spawn somewhere else
I'm in it for the win and my team - not making everyone happy and making sure the opposition have fun too.
If it wasnt supposed to happen, the developers would have stopped it
It rapidly decreases the oppositions tickets - kinda the point of the multiplayer game
With good teamplay in BF2 - base campers should not last too long anyway

Against:
It ruins the fun for the other team
Its lame, and is just for people who want to boost their scores
You cant cap the flag, so why be there?

So....
In my opinion, its quite obviously down to personal opinion. Not only about whether it is acceptable, but down to how much you dislike it. There are valid arguements for each side, and none really outweight the others except if you take your own preferences in to account. Some people are highly competitive and play games (in general) to win. They enjoy beating others and either feeling good about themselves/or feeling good about frustrating/getting one over on others. Dont think that this is lame - we all have these feelings, just some are stronger than others. Some, however find more enjoyment from other things, such as teamwork etc. I like to think i get kicks from the lot, just as equally.

I support my servers rules (DMZ - duffry's clan too), because I dont mind basecamping that much (uncappable or not) even when it happens to me. I enjoy the challenge and like to over-come the odds if i can. I was in a BFV clan where the attack helis were MAJOR powers, and could base rape for days!! However, with a LAW in hand or a mortar, I loved trying to bring the buggers down - dying wasnt that big of a deal. When i'm doing it, i know i'm helping my score, and my team to win the match.

You can all argue this point until you are blue in the face, and whatever arguement given back to me, i will still feel the same because the 'for' points outweight the opposite arguement becasue of my personal opinion.
I run the server along with duff in the hope that like minded people come and join us to enjoy the game. The rules we apply to our server are ones that make the game as enjoyable as possible, without making too many restrictions on people, keeping the game fairly polite, and allowing the admins to enjoy playing themselves, without having to pick bones as to whether someone was base raping or not.

I'm guessing all that waffle boils down to....

"I dont mind being base-raped that much. If YOU do, try and remember - it IS only a game, try and find enjoyment in overcoming the odds and fighting back - see the funny side. Its a game, but you're not ALWAYS gonna have fun playing it"
-=256=-Evo_Wales
+14|6773|Cardiff, Wales
Good points, and yeah, there is a challenge in overcoming being spawn raped when i go to EA servers, but then sometimes it is just frustrating, and i leave.

People that do it on servers which prohibit it, are breaking the server rules and should be dealt with appropiately. Most of the servers in my favourites have some of these restrictions on, and i respect their rules.

But servers which aim to control every aspect of your game, i.e C4 and jumping, 'n00b tubing' and such like are annoying to me, i may not often use these methods, but i will, and vice versa i love taking the joy from killing them when they are trying it. And servers that prohibit swearing are the worst, this is a game that is 16+ (in the UK at least) and as such most people should be able to ignore it. Hell, one time i got an auto warning somewhere for typing 'idiot' wtf!

So i may be kind of turning this from a Basecamping thread into a server administration thread, but they are all interlinked
s()mt!ngWong
+1|6709

Revelstoke wrote:

no... its not good..most people who do it are idiotic.. why cant you people play the game how its meant to be played?
its a game... the whole purpose is to HAVE FUN
How is it fun for the person who spawns, and is instantly killed? Over and over and over...
i say your wrong.
Lol i hate wen people complain about base camping a capturable flag, i mean if your killing the enemy while they spawn by the flag your team is trying to cap then i see nothing wrong, but wen you get crybabys crying and crying about basecamping wen they know that there is other spawn points they can spawn from it starts to get annoying. I can see if someone is camping the uncapturable flag then he/she should be kicked or slapped around     a few times but a capturable flag COME ON!. Base camp this base camp that if you cant handle gettin owned, go to a newb server.
Herbmaster007
+-4|6758

Drunkaholic wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

We don't like Explioting Flaws in game.

BF42 Gazala El Alamain  ? Did you think it was Cool when Enemy German Tanks Sat in your Repair hanger, invunerable and spawned killed everyone and every vehicle as soon as they  apeared
with TOTAL impunity in your uncapable main.

While there Hanger was down the Hill with no line of site to their spawn area and if you got in it you couldnt see anyone spawn. So there was no counter balance and maybe you could blow up an Empty Stuka every ten minutes? ? It shut down the whole game.

GAME... Game Play.. PLAY.. we want to play not watch some child wreck the game.

There are maps in BF2 where you can drive tanks onto airfields can you drive a tank onto carrier deck?
Use your fuckin head. There is a limit.
a) It was not at all required to curse
b) Vehicles can no longer be repaired at bases that don't belong to your team, except if you do it manually.  That leaves a big grey tank icon on the minimap, and you're screwed if you try.

I think that baseraping is one of those thing where you love it if you're doing it, you hate it when it happens to you.
I agree wholeheartedly, I've been accused of spawn-camping because I picked off over a dozen people with an APC while the rest of my squad capped the flag!  So what, spawn elsewhere as AT and come stop me!  If an area of the map is highly populated by enemy troops, it usually means there's othere areas of the map that aren't.  So spawn there, go take some less contested flags and then attack them on 2 fronts.  But ffs stop crying about it!

I think you should be able to airlift APC's and drop them onto the US aircraft carriers.  That would be fun.  Blackhawk whores beware!
Wild1234
+1|6702

WaGoN_aTTacK wrote:

bottom line...if you don't want to get spawn raped....SPAWN SOMEWHERE ELSE..WHAT????
Ok, thats all fine and dandy, but now lets think of this game... Your team has been pushed back to the final flag, which is uncappable, you must all spawn inside that one single area. The enemy has a blackhawk landed somewhere with a gunner just sitting there with a clear line of fire to several spawn points, you finally take out the blackhawk, now you have 2 tanks(likly they have stolen your tank as well), a couple APC's, infantry, cars, etc all surounding and inside your base. Now the smart player spawns as an anti tank to take out the armor... and you fire a shot or 2 before a second tank, or some infantry kill you, by the time you spawn again the tank is repaired to full health. Repeat till game over.

Now to get into this position the winning team is clearly more skilled than the losing team. So now the losing team is trapped in a corner with the entire enemy team using all their assets to surround you/invade your base. This takes the original skill imbalance and just skyrockets it to the point where you are maybe able to run away from your base at top speed once every 3 or 4 spawns. Now when somebody finally escapes and caps a point your still lacking armor/cars, and by this time your likly down to 50 tickets or so while the enemy has 150+... Now you can finally spawn somewhere else, but whats the point? the game is lost and you have earned another purple heart for your collection...

I have seen this happen several times from both sides of the battle, turns out the same way allmost every time. Please tell me how you can spawn somewhere else when your in a game like this. I see no problem at all with camping a capable base, and I agree that if you spawn there you deserve any punishment that you get. But when your down to your final base and the enemy has all the armor/helos on the map constantly pounding it, thats what I think of when I hear base raping. On the losing team its just extreamly frustraiting to have no choice other than leave or spawn/die/spawn/die, on the winning team (at least for me) it just leaves you feeling bad for completly smashing the enemy who has no chance to defend themselves. (but I would rather feel bad than frustraited, lol) Meh, eaither way when base raping as I define it is going on, the game ends after 2 or 3 maps as the losing teams just gets fed up and all quit:P
thinner44
+1|6825

Herbmaster007 wrote:

I think you should be able to airlift APC's and drop them onto the US aircraft carriers.  That would be fun.  Blackhawk whores beware!
Look out for patch v5.01 Wouldn't that be just great.
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6855|Cheshire, UK

Wild1234 wrote:

whats the point?
If your team has been beaten then take it like a man and learn from it. Not just you but the whole team.
I know the situation you describe and do my utmost to avoid being in the thick of it but the one you outlined is worst case; WTF are your team up to letting it get to worse case?

I rarely see the same team dominate for too long probably because the other team wise up to the fact that they can't win all the games fighting head-on and without playing as a team.

-=256=-Evo_Wales wrote:

And servers that prohibit swearing are the worst, this is a game that is 16+ (in the UK at least) and as such most people should be able to ignore it. Hell, one time i got an auto warning somewhere for typing 'idiot' wtf!
OK, here's another of our server rules.
Rule 3) Show respect at all times:

The DMZ is community for mature gamers. By that we do not mean only people over 18, we mean anyone of any age who plays the game in a mature fashion and abides by our simple rules. Everyone on our servers deserves just as much respect as the next person. The DMZ and its team will show you respect, please respect it back. This includes all your fellow gamers that are here to have fun and enjoy the game in the company of friends.

- Swearing is not permitted. There may be young children on-line and we do not want the DMZs reputation scarred by foul-mouthed individuals. Worse of all, our server may be shut down if this kind of behaviour is discovered. People found doing so will be kicked and possibly banned immediately!

- Insulting other players is also a kickable offence. Just because someone is a little less skilled than yourself, does not give you the right to tell them so and insult them. Further more, some people on-line may be foreign and therefore unable to communicate, so take this into consideration too. Abuse of any kind will not be tolerated and racial abuse will be dealt with by the severest means (see below).

- Be friendly As experienced gamers we can assure you that the more you befriend the fellow gamers on the servers, the more you will enjoy the game. Show consideration towards your team mates, and they will show it back. Think of only yourself and your score/stats, and you will not make many friends!

- Be sensible Use your common sense and you will not upset others as easily. Sitting in a plane or tank while away from your PC is a sure-fire way to be kicked. Idlers are not good for the game as it makes the sides appear even when they may not be. Idling in a vehicle is just plain stupid! Idling as commander is even worse! When you are in a vehicle use your external views to make sure your team mates aren’t behind you before you reverse. Small avoidable things like these are easy to stop, which makes it even more frustrating when they do happen! Use your head, please!

- Racism This will NOT be tollerated. I expect the DMZ admins to ban players who make racist comments from our servers. There is no excuse for this behaviour and no warning need be given. If you believe that it was said without malitious intent then you may request that such language be avoided but I have no patience for people who use racist remarks, even in jest, on our servers and will defend the actions of any MP who removes a player (permenantly or no) from our servers for the use of racist comments.
Are we wrong to have a policy of upholding respectful play?

I think we site absolute worse-case in the swearing one but really, you need to type swear words? I swear a lot while playing but I do it as an verbal expleative, I sure don't feel I need to type it for the world to see.

Yes it's a game which you have to be over 16 to buy, that does not mean that you have to be over 16 to play it. The age restriction is to help parents know what their kids are playing by forcing the kids to get someone over 16 to buy it for them. There are a lot of under 16s playing and while their language is probably a lot worse than mine it doesn't help to have it entrenched as the normal way to behave, not even in an online FPS.

IMO anyway.

Last edited by duffry (2006-01-09 01:02:12)

Octavarium
+1|6726
The way I see it is that Spawn camping etc is OK unless its at an up-cap.

Look at it this way:

In Real Life, if team A set up a base near team B, then team B would send tanks, arty heli, planes or anything to deal with it, this is like a cappable flag.

On the other hand team B are going against the Geneva convention if they go and sit 20 foot from a field hospital back at team A's base and kill anyone who comes out.

If I had a server the rules would be simple. No one inside enemy Uncaps except SpecOps, planes can bomb it and tanks can park up and shell it but they would not be allowed inside.

Actually from a range of ~150m tanks can devastate an uncaps anyway, they can shoot down helis and planes which try to take off and spot infantry which tries to make a break for another flag, whereas once inside they are likely to become covered in C4 and AT mines and explode!!
Fschwang
+10|6728|Isle of Man, next to England.
I have to agree with the original poster. Nothing wrong with basecamping, though it is frustrating to not be able to do anything about it. I often find it's a single squad that does it most effectively, we've all deplored the lack of teamwork in the game at one stage or another, but is this not an example of some rather good co-ordinated teamwork? There is usually another spawn point you could go to or even if not, just wait a minute or two, by then it's a fair bet that something will have happened so you can spawn again in the same spot and not get blown to smithereens straight away. Plus, I have noticed a disturbing amount of people who constantly respawn as sniper/ support/ assault, despite there being a tank in the spawn point. Surely coming back as AT/ Spec ops/ Engineer isn't going to kill anyone?

Just my thoughts. My incoherent thoughts.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6736
As commander i would LOVE to have a team which camps the last spawnpoint of the enemy. I mean c'mon: Quick win + high scores.
-=256=-Evo_Wales
+14|6773|Cardiff, Wales
OK, here's another of our server rules.
Rule 3) Show respect at all times:

The DMZ is community for mature gamers. By that we do not mean only people over 18, we mean anyone of any age who plays the game in a mature fashion and abides by our simple rules. Everyone on our servers deserves just as much respect as the next person. The DMZ and its team will show you respect, please respect it back. This includes all your fellow gamers that are here to have fun and enjoy the game in the company of friends.

- Swearing is not permitted. There may be young children on-line and we do not want the DMZs reputation scarred by foul-mouthed individuals. Worse of all, our server may be shut down if this kind of behaviour is discovered. People found doing so will be kicked and possibly banned immediately!

- Insulting other players is also a kickable offence. Just because someone is a little less skilled than yourself, does not give you the right to tell them so and insult them. Further more, some people on-line may be foreign and therefore unable to communicate, so take this into consideration too. Abuse of any kind will not be tolerated and racial abuse will be dealt with by the severest means (see below).

- Be friendly As experienced gamers we can assure you that the more you befriend the fellow gamers on the servers, the more you will enjoy the game. Show consideration towards your team mates, and they will show it back. Think of only yourself and your score/stats, and you will not make many friends!

- Be sensible Use your common sense and you will not upset others as easily. Sitting in a plane or tank while away from your PC is a sure-fire way to be kicked. Idlers are not good for the game as it makes the sides appear even when they may not be. Idling in a vehicle is just plain stupid! Idling as commander is even worse! When you are in a vehicle use your external views to make sure your team mates aren’t behind you before you reverse. Small avoidable things like these are easy to stop, which makes it even more frustrating when they do happen! Use your head, please!

- Racism This will NOT be tollerated. I expect the DMZ admins to ban players who make racist comments from our servers. There is no excuse for this behaviour and no warning need be given. If you believe that it was said without malitious intent then you may request that such language be avoided but I have no patience for people who use racist remarks, even in jest, on our servers and will defend the actions of any MP who removes a player (permenantly or no) from our servers for the use of racist comments.
Are we wrong to have a policy of upholding respectful play?

I think we site absolute worse-case in the swearing one but really, you need to type swear words? I swear a lot while playing but I do it as an verbal expleative, I sure don't feel I need to type it for the world to see.

Yes it's a game which you have to be over 16 to buy, that does not mean that you have to be over 16 to play it. The age restriction is to help parents know what their kids are playing by forcing the kids to get someone over 16 to buy it for them. There are a lot of under 16s playing and while their language is probably a lot worse than mine it doesn't help to have it entrenched as the normal way to behave, not even in an online FPS.

IMO anyway.
Fair enough, i don't normally go around insulting people, and we generally warn or kick people who do it themselves, but it often depends on the context, a random 'idiot' would be fine, but a 'you fuckin idiot, why don't you learn to play this fuckin game' would result in a kick most likely.

Main thing i was having a go at was auto messages warning you about language, if an admin actively said to stop, i would. But anyway, i'm moving off topic and displaying double standards!
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6855|Cheshire, UK

-=256=-Evo_Wales wrote:

Fair enough, i don't normally go around insulting people, and we generally warn or kick people who do it themselves, but it often depends on the context, a random 'idiot' would be fine, but a 'you fuckin idiot, why don't you learn to play this fuckin game' would result in a kick most likely.

Main thing i was having a go at was auto messages warning you about language, if an admin actively said to stop, i would. But anyway, i'm moving off topic and displaying double standards!
Nopt a big fan of auto messages as they don't understand context. I have issues with people being called 'noobs', it's like swearing at learner drivers when they are slowly driving down the road. Every one was a bit rubbish once. I am grateful to have new players joining the community and try to have patience with them (even if they fly me into cliffs). I would not have an auto warning for the word though as I'm often calling myself a noob for the dumb acts I'm kinda prone to.

Racist cliches would probably be an exception along with some swear words (nobody is too likely to be talking about Scunthorpe in game).

So here's a place where we agree.
-=256=-Evo_Wales
+14|6773|Cardiff, Wales

duffry wrote:

-=256=-Evo_Wales wrote:

Nopt a big fan of auto messages as they don't understand context. I have issues with people being called 'noobs', it's like swearing at learner drivers when they are slowly driving down the road. Every one was a bit rubbish once. I am grateful to have new players joining the community and try to have patience with them (even if they fly me into cliffs). I would not have an auto warning for the word though as I'm often calling myself a noob for the dumb acts I'm kinda prone to.

Racist cliches would probably be an exception along with some swear words (nobody is too likely to be talking about Scunthorpe in game).

So here's a place where we agree.
Lol, true, took us a while, but a do agree on something!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard