Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6482|Communist Republic of CA, USA
https://img102.imageshack.us/img102/5192/fateoj2.jpg

I always considered Silos to be just a pretty redesign of a flag, meant to be taken and then ignored, because the Missile is just a pretty pixel. WRONG

I thought I was pretty clever capturing a silo on top of the launcher (podded off titan).  Figured no one would look up there or see me.  Well it worked and I captured it, BUT I was a little slow on the getting down part.  After standing there for a second admiring my own genius, I heard that familiar clicking and wooshing sound, looked down, and was impaled on a Anti-Titan Missile, being killed instantly.  The best part though, was the damn thing took me with it all the way to the titan.  Best Death Cam view ever (sorry no screenshots).

I also thought it would be pretty fun to chuck grenades off the back of the Titan, seeing as the shields were down but there was no one trying to attack us.  Exploding Grenades and EMP Grenades are kinda like Fireworks, so it's a good pass-time.  That is until you look up to see an Anti-Titan Missile hit you in the face and explode...

Oh, and at least twice I've been flying along minding my own business (see: Picking on tanks)in my gunship only to be blasted by a lucky Anti-Titan Missile.  It would have been kinda cool if it had exploded, thus making me feel like I sacrificed myself for some greater good, but no, it just kept going...
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6763|San Antonio, Texas
Missiles > You.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6696
The coolest thing is when you are flying a gunship or transport and a BLOC-3 zooms right past you, missing by inches, it's so cool.
Magius5.0
+106|6385|UMass Amherst
For an anti-titan missile, those things don't detonate in a spectacular manner; and, fortunately, I've yet to be killed by one of those things.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6752|Mark it zero.
I've never been killed by one before. But quite a few times while being on top of the titan they have landed next to me which have scared this shit out of me.
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6771|Tenn
i always wondered if they could kill you. guess i wont have to test it after all
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6564|Australia, NSW
i thought u couldnt uplink to the silo when ur on the top bit..at least it didnt for me. a teammate capped it and i got killed.

however, in a gunship the missiles go right through me and do nothing, dont know what u mean getting killed there
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6545|Doncaster UK
lol at pic!
the only time i have died by one of those missiles was when i flying over the top of the silo in a transport and it went straight into the bottom of us. only trouble was i TKed everyone in the transport which was followed by punish,punish, punish!
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6398|Evilsville
I always find it strange. You're on top of the titan an a missile explodes like 2 inches from you and nothing happens to you, but you get killed when a grenade explodes 5 ft away from you.
Sambuccashake
+126|6614|Sweden

Gillenator wrote:

I always find it strange. You're on top of the titan an a missile explodes like 2 inches from you and nothing happens to you, but you get killed when a grenade explodes 5 ft away from you.
Or someone kills me by swinging a knife 4 meters away from me...
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6820|Belgium

Sambuccashake wrote:

Gillenator wrote:

Or someone kills me by swinging a knife 4 meters away from me...
While you're missing even if your close enough to bite the guy's ear off..

edit: funny pic! But I've never been killed by a BLOC-3 Missile.. Had a few exploding or zooming by right next to me..

Last edited by D34TH_D34L3R (2007-02-09 01:33:57)

SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6652|Hong Kong
Same, I podded on top of a silo and was crushed instantly by the BLOC-3. Unfortunately it didn't bring me up to the enemy titan.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6392|New York
yeah, there's nothing quite like having a missle fly by while standing on the back deck. especially when you were standing in that exact position about 5 seconds earlier.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard