Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6776|UK
A taxi driver returned a black bag carrying 31 diamond rings to a passenger who earlier had given him a 30-cent tip on an $11 ride.

Hours after Chowdhury Osman dropped off the passenger, he tracked her down through a flurry of phone calls and returned the bag, which she had left in the taxi's trunk.

The unidentified woman, who said she was a jeweler, offered a $100 reward. Osman accepted the money to cover the fares he lost while tracking her down.

Osman, a native of Bangladesh, told the New York Daily News that he didn't so much as consider keeping the gems.

"I'm a hard worker," the soft-spoken cabbie said. "I enjoy my life. I'm satisfied. I'm not going to take someone else's money or property to make me rich. I don't want it that way."

"When I find something left in my cab, and I can return it to the owner, I feel very happy. I feel proud," he said.
Source

What a tight fucking bitch huh? $100?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

She probably didn't want to make it seem too valuable...but hell, it's a bag of diamonds.
Brasso
+1,549|6631

That guy has a huge heart.    Makes me feel good to know that there are still some people in the world with morals.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6683|The Lou

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

She probably didn't want to make it seem too valuable...but hell, it's a bag of diamonds.
a 10 cent tip.... she was just a stingy whore
kilgoretrout
+53|6470|Little Rock, AR

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

No, she's a tight bitch.  She also left a 30 cent tip on an $11 fare...
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6658|Australia
Man that guy is a hero.

now, i dont know much about tipping - its not a very common practice in Australia - but is 30c a bit freaking skimpy or what?
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6391|Penrith,Nsw, Aus

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

Man that guy is a hero.

now, i dont know much about tipping - its not a very common practice in Australia - but is 30c a bit freaking skimpy or what?
My dad always gives tips for pizza hut lol
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

kilgoretrout wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

No, she's a tight bitch.  She also left a 30 cent tip on an $11 fare...
Agreed...  Iron Sentinel, 15-20% of the bill is typical for restaurants here, but I don't know about cab tips so much.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6658|Australia

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

Man that guy is a hero.

My dad always gives tips for pizza hut lol
lol. yeah, i suppose they need it - petrol money.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85
Not that I live in a place where we use cabs, but I think generally the tip is just whatever the amount is rounded to the next dollar to make it even, keep the change kinda thing. But $11 is kinda a lot I think, could have thrown in an extra buck or something.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

I saw this in the paper today. Nice fellow, tight Bitch. They may have been fake y'know, or at least shitty diamonds.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

Good person.
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon
'ooh, my $30K bag of diamond rings, thanks hadji,  here's a Benjamin.'  -what a cunt.  she probably opened it up right there and counted every one.  I would have given him at least a grand.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562
It's entirely possible that they weren't her diamond rings, she was just on selling them, and couldn't afford much more.
Superglueman
+21|6360|The Great South Land

Bubbalo wrote:

It's entirely possible that they weren't her diamond rings, she was just on selling them, and couldn't afford much more.
Thats a good point, seems possible...wouldnt a true jeweller(dealer) be more "attached" to the diamonds than that?
RasorX
+17|6744|Indianapolis

Bubbalo wrote:

That actually makes her seem worse, he saves her ass and probably career and gets 100 bucks?

Hmmm your resume looks great, oh what's this here? you once lost 30,000 dollars of diamonds cause you were too dumb to remember to get them out of the trunk of a cab? ... I think Wendy's is hiring.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562
So, you're criticising her for not dedicating her life to his service?

Here's a thought: he shouldn't need a reward, he should do the right thing because it's the right thing, which is exactly what he did.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6406|NSW, Australia

its good to see these kind of things after reading shit like this http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=63549
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

Bubbalo wrote:

So, you're criticising her for not dedicating her life to his service?

Here's a thought: he shouldn't need a reward, he should do the right thing because it's the right thing, which is exactly what he did.
In principle, I agree, but in all honesty....  If I had been that cabbie, I would be driving a BMW now.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6345|Twyford, UK
This should not be news. People should, like this cabbie, be in the habit of returning things like that so it doesen't seem remarkable.

Mind, when I clicked, I thought that a bunch of thieves must have left them in the back of a taxi somehow and the cabbie returned them to the store.
I'd be doubting this woman's legal posession of the bag, myself.
iamangry
+59|6646|The United States of America
and when they get reported stolen, guess who's gonna get tried as an accessory?  I'm not usually cynical but no good deed goes unpunished
Smithereener
+138|6316|California
Good man.

Shouldn't be in the news? Just because he did the "right thing?" Most people will undoubtedly not go through all that trouble to return anything. Why does this deserve to be on the news? Because in a time where both new and old generations seem to lack morals, one person does something outstandingly selfless. Yes, everyone should be doing the right thing, but who really does?
BVC
+325|6696

Skorpy-chan wrote:

This should not be news.
Why not?  A bit of good news now and then does no harm
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
I think I remember seeing this on the local news like 3 months ago :\.
misfire00
Lead Magnet
+26|6782|Charleston SC - USA
This just shows that riches aren't every person’s values.

I commend him. The girl was likely freaking out and on edge of...something...drastic perhaps.

How many of us would've kept that bag? Me? I would keep it because I'm greedy but the next day I wouldn’t have any idea on how to turn it (neatly).

This makes me think – clear conscious – clear mind

P.S.- damn! $100 reward, thrippphhh! (spiting on my monitor)

Last edited by misfire00 (2007-02-08 22:03:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard