JE3146
+109|6562|Oregon
Its valentine's in like 7 days...

My girlfriend has been wanting one of these since last year and has been waiting patiently for one. Everytime we're at a store, she runs to the electronics section only to get a depressed look on her face, then makes me ask the people if they have any in the back, which is annoying cus I hate asking people things.

I've had my Xbox 360 for a month or so and shes started buying games for it.

It's cutting into my gametime(we live together). I need a Wii for her .

So now... Where the FUCK do I get one of these things? Ebay has seemed to ruin the Wii. Ebay is averaging 1500 units on there at any given time. It seems like all of them are getting bought by these capitalist pigs to get sold for profit.

I've tried calling local stores and finding shipment times, but no one seems to know anything. I've tried calling on days of shipments just to see if they happened to get some in on THAT shipment, but no one seems to know anything. I've tried reserving them, to no avail. I've had to ask every store I've been in about them and 9 times out of 10 people laugh at the question.

So where are people getting these damn things???? Because obviously people are.

EDIT:: This isn't a last minute ditch effort. I've been persueing one of these unicorns for 2 months now since after the christmas rush.

Last edited by JE3146 (2007-02-07 12:03:15)

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6641|Washington DC

There are 33 on Amazon.com
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6636|Canada
Alright, here is what I know. My friend has been trying to get his hands on one for a month or two now. Your best bet is to go to the stores as soon as they open and ask around. If they don't have any, ask when their last shipments were. (Sometimes there is a pattern, here usually wednesday or thursday they have a couple).
Good luck
Brasso
+1,549|6622

Same here.  I always check/call, and no one knows when or when their next shipment will be.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6380|New York
Should be more big shipments of the Wii and PS3 coming in March (or is it May) I believe. I know that doesn't do you much good right now, but that's what I've read and heard.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Kurse
The Black Wizards
+16|6725|California
The only way I managed to get one at retail price is by standing in front of Best Buy at 6AM for 4 hours, and that was just 3 weeks ago. By the time they opened there were at least 40 people behind me.
autopilot
banned
+115|6340

Start to dance for her, she'll focus on you trying to breakdance for 10 minutes instead
Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6386|Belgium

you could have put your name on a prebuylist, or go to mediamarket.
[RDH]Warlord
Quakecon Attendee
+17|6650|SLC, Utah, USA
I was lucky.  One Sunday, on rumors that stores were told to stock up their Wiis and sell them all on that one day, I happened to drive past a gamestop that, eventually, DID get some in.  There was a small line.  I was the 6th, of 6 they got in.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6659

Monitor this website:

http://www.refreshthing.com/index.php?u … timeout=30

Also, be at Target first thing this Sunday.  Huge shipment coming.

Last edited by Ilocano (2007-02-07 12:19:56)

JE3146
+109|6562|Oregon
Sounds like its gonna be flowers and chocolate lol...

eh..

Seems I've tried all thats mentioned. Maybe I live in a retarded part of my state.

Guess I'll be shopping for one for her Bday.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6610|InGerLand
piss in a bottle and say you misheard her
its much less effort and you get a laugh as well
(or maybe just to be soaked in piss you never know)
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6701
GameStop and EBGames stores here(NC) get them during the week @ 11am or noon, but you have to be there with in an hour of them being delivered.  Other then that you have to get in good with one of the managers at a store so they will tell you when to be there or if they have one in back.

My wife got a heads up that there were a couple left at wallymart during her lunch brake a couple of weeks ago ( YEAH! ).  The Wii is good.  Finding an extra Wiimote localy is another issue, had to get one from amazon.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

Here is the best way to get hard to find merchandise when it first comes out.

Go to out of the city places, places not that well populated, but that still have stores and such.  Usually you can find games/electronics in stock in these stores.

This also works really well for sports/event tickets too.  When tickets go on sale, instead of calling the local ticketmaster line (which will be clogged from everyone in the area trying to get tickets), call one in another state.  Usually you can get right through and get tickets.  I did this for world series tickets two years ago (even though the halos didn't make it), and while my boss was waiting for an operater, I got right through and ordered the tickets.
JE3146
+109|6562|Oregon

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Here is the best way to get hard to find merchandise when it first comes out.

Go to out of the city places, places not that well populated, but that still have stores and such.  Usually you can find games/electronics in stock in these stores.

This also works really well for sports/event tickets too.  When tickets go on sale, instead of calling the local ticketmaster line (which will be clogged from everyone in the area trying to get tickets), call one in another state.  Usually you can get right through and get tickets.  I did this for world series tickets two years ago (even though the halos didn't make it), and while my boss was waiting for an operater, I got right through and ordered the tickets.
Interesting that you said that, because there is a Walmart Superstore located about 15 miles outside of town in this hick ass of a town,population 5k or so.

Figured I'd try there, thinking it was my best bet. Seems every redneck in that town has a Wii, or atleast wants one.

Was rather amusing dealing with the electronics department, where they had more employees selling TV's(4) than the employee in the video game isle had teeth.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6562|United States
Check Circuit City or Best Buy... last time I was in there picking up some fiber optic cables I saw some banner shit at a counter were you could sign up to reserve one. Maybe they do that were you live too??
bennisboy
+829|6638|Poundland
Try the toilet, oh wait. Try amazon or play.com or any site like that
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6839|San Francisco

You missed out on January 21st. Pretty much every Target, Best Buy, and Circuit City had stockpiled Wii's for the week and a half prior and had around 40 each. That's how we got one at least, but the damn remotes are harder to find than the consoles...

At this point I guess you just have to continue being persistent and bugging the crap out of your local retailers until you manage to call right after a shipment comes in. Then you have to get to the store before the shipment is all sold out.
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6427|UK
Toys Are Us Ha.
Snowmanimal
Not so unique forum title
+30|6534|My head
I went to the store and picked one up.  Bingo Bango Bongo.  Then I got a PS3. All in 2 hours.
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

Guess what....

It's my birthday in like 7 days!

o.O
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6636|Ohio
good luck, i got mine just as a shipment came in, cus i checked the store because its next to a movie rental place, and i got lucky.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6382|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
Ebay
Home
Section.80
+447|6839|Seattle, Washington, USA

We got ours by checking the sunday advertisement online a little after midnight. If there is a wii in the Best Buy or Target or where ever ad, they will have some in stock that Sunday, so get up early and be there at opening time, you'll prolly get one. Oh, and check other stores too, we ended up getting ours at Fred Meyers which was surprising.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6730|Toronto | Canada

Lol i got mine an amazing way

My dad and I were walking out of Best Buy and as we were leaving I heard the security guy at the front desk say they just got a shipment of 7 Wiis.  I told my dad because we knew someone who wanted one and couldn't find it (we weren't looking for one at the time) and that person wanted one so we bought one for them.  Then we left and another guy called and my dad mentioned that we saw some Wiis.  The guy wanted one so badly that he got us to buy one for him and he paid for one for us!!
Out of their shipment of 7 Wiis, we bought 3 (there was a 1 per household policy ) and got one for ourselves for free.

Great Success!

Last edited by Winston_Churchill (2007-02-08 17:29:18)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard