Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6710|Norway

Seth Infinite wrote:

armin wrote:

there is only one race, homo sapiens, the races u ppl are talking about are just different types of ppl from different parts of the world, adapted to the climate etc. like white/black/asian etc.
I can feel the heat already.

Years ago the thought was that there were 3 main races.
1. Caucasoid - European
2. Negroid - African
3. Mongoloid - Oriental and American Indian

Then it was refined to:
1. Black - African
2. White - European
3. Oriental - Far East
4. Indian - Indian Subcontinent
5. Aboriginies - Australia
6. American Indian - North and South America
7. ???? Arabic - Middle East ( possibly American Eskimoe)

Now, due to DNA work and the Polictically Correct bunch they want to say that there is only 1 race.

My personal opinion is the middle group of 7 races.
Ok, I may be the only person on this forum that didn't know what you just wrote - but incase I'm not: doesn't statements like that scream "references" like there's no tomorrow? "Mongoloid"? Hm...

And when you say years ago - what do you mean? 2001, or 1941?
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6834
Sticks and Stones may break my bones but names will never Hurt me.

Thats from the " Koran "  page 18 chapter 1.
armin
+0|6753| Bosnia & Herzegovina

Horseman 77 wrote:

Sticks and Stones may break my bones but names will never Hurt me.

Thats from the " Koran "  page 18 chapter 1.
"Koran"? u mean "Qur'an"?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

Is the real reason we're arguing about the French and Frogs because we can't read the site? Because I can't either.

While we're talking about the French though, "Bonjour, you cheese-eating surrender monkeys!"

Edit: The Koran and the Qur'an are the same thing, it's just different spelling. Stop trying to be smart, it's not working.

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-01-07 16:53:19)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
armin
+0|6753| Bosnia & Herzegovina

Tyferra wrote:

Is the real reason we're arguing about the French and Frogs because we can't read the site? Because I can't either.

While we're talking about the French though, "Bonjour, you cheese-eating surrender monkeys!"

Edit: The Koran and the Qur'an are the same thing, it's just different spelling. Stop trying to be smart, it's not working.
lol fool, the official word is Qur'an, he could have ment somethig else contained the word koran, I know a guy named "korran" for instance...

so piss off with your objective rational bullshit
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6710|Norway
Nah man, same thing - two different languages...
I won't bitch if you say I'm from Norway even though it's spelled Norge in my language..

Why didn't you complain that the quotation was in english instead? I mean - the "official" version isn't english is it?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6706|England. Stoke

MostHigh wrote:

The French are not a race they are a nationality you friggin idiot.  "Frog" is an insult that is derived from WWII.
When I say racial I mean rascist, if I called you a fucking american idiot I am being rascist, even though american is not a race and only just recently regarded as a nationality. And the term frog as a an insult for the French dating back at least until the time of the  Napoleonic Wars, smacktard.

And Friluftshund whats the problem with the term mongoloid? Have you not heard of the Mongols they are mongoloids, and virtually all people from far eastern europe and Asia were at one time referred to as mongoloids.

Last edited by coke (2006-01-07 19:04:12)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

Yes, but I speak english, so I say Koran.
I knew a guy called Kerran, but not Korran. Where was he from Armin?
Also, I'm sorry for being so rational, I know there's no place for it in these forums.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Drunkaholic
+4|6722
I've got to admit, if any space programs went as far off their objective as this topic, we'd have gotten out of the galaxy by now >_>
chitlin
Banned
+36|6760
speaking of galaxies its estiamted that there are 125 billion different galaxies
Seth Infinite
+3|6736|Houston, The Republic of Texas

chitlin wrote:

speaking of galaxies its estiamted that there are 125 billion different galaxies
But the big question is, how many habitable planets (moons) are out there?
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6693|NJ

Tyferra wrote:

Damn you stole my favorite Groundskeeper Willy line.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6693|NJ

coke wrote:

MostHigh wrote:

The French are not a race they are a nationality you friggin idiot.  "Frog" is an insult that is derived from WWII.
When I say racial I mean rascist, if I called you a fucking american idiot I am being rascist, even though american is not a race and only just recently regarded as a nationality. And the term frog as a an insult for the French dating back at least until the time of the  Napoleonic Wars, smacktard.

And Friluftshund whats the problem with the term mongoloid? Have you not heard of the Mongols they are mongoloids, and virtually all people from far eastern europe and Asia were at one time referred to as mongoloids.
Mongoloid is used in the states as a term used for retarded or people with down syndormie. Just FYI
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6733|Houston, TX

Seth Infinite wrote:

Then it was refined to:
1. Black - African
2. White - European
3. Oriental - Far East
There's a looooot more diversification than that. I get where your comin' from though. I mean there is a lot of low population civilizations that don't fall into any of these categories. If your going by appearance and genetic differences than North and South Euros are two different races as well. Beside's It's a matter of opinion. I personally say one race. They only appear different due to a prolonged exposure to a single enviroment.

Ex: You say white's are euro but, there are many people from southern Mexico born with light skin, blue eyes, and blond hair. I have even been asked if I am mexican by mexicans. I'm a 6'4" german/irish.

Me, I'm a proud member of the Texan race myself. Anyone that either gets offend or uses racial slurs to offend are small mind in a sense. First, they are just words. If a person came up to me and called me an imbreed, redneck cracker out of anger in an attempt to hurt me I would probably laugh my ass off making the attacker even more agg'ed I'm sure.

If a person uses them to attack you it just makes that much more obvious that you are dealing with a moron that has little or no life outside of his family/community.

They only way we will ever have a chance to end racism is by changing the definition of it. To us a term in humor or jest isn't racist. More of a term connected by a observation. These words no longer hold the same meaning the did when first where used. Most people don't even know what they mean. Like "frog" for instance. That could have been the french equivalent to a bunny hopper or dophin diver for all I knew. Now it's a big debate on racism.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6806|Marathon, Florida Keys
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurace by fleeing the scene of the accedent.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
xanthpi
Banned
+11|6717
Since when have the French been a race?
vedds
+52|6752|Christchurch New Zealand
Why the fuck does everybody take everything the worst possible way around here?
How many people get that worked up over a bit of light hearted banter? if you do you may need to take some prozac and have a lie down.
can i suggest looking for the non offensive context.

By the way - french govt terrorists blew up the rainbow warrior in harbour in New Zealand. does that givve kiwis the right to call them frogs?
ex0331
+-2|6794
if nothing else these forums can be funny as hell. some of the  people that post here make me feel so much better about myself. thanks.
FourStars
+1|6737|Australia

vedds wrote:

By the way - french govt terrorists blew up the rainbow warrior in harbour in New Zealand. does that givve kiwis the right to call them frogs?
yeah as long as the french can call the kiwis sheep shaggers
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6701
The thing i find funny is how hes got a WHOLE site dedicated to insulting someone by having them voted as the dumbest player in BF2 but takes offence to a commonly used (a bit racist but since when has the French treated any nationality different?) to describe the people of France? a bit hypocritical dont you think?

As for anyone who cant read the site get Google toolbar and right click and select to translate into english and then ou can read it.

Edited for spelling lol

Last edited by Lestat<CoN> (2006-01-08 03:41:03)

DakkonBlackblade
+0|6743
Wow, you all need to take a Geography 450 class.
Parambulator
+0|6719
FUUUUUUCK I SAW FRENCH IN MY VACATION... I HATE French with all my heart and sould and body. If they would just learn english !!!!! And for the French people who DO take the time to learn english: KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6738

Far Out man, this post should be moved to debate etc...
-=Meshekal=-
+2|6739|United Kingdom

JimmyFo wrote:

I'm upset that people can refer to me as "white" yet get offended if I say "black." Or I'm not really.

BTB, I with armin on this one.
It's my opinion that if a black person gets offended by being called black, then he has issues and needs help in the head department. He IS black, so if he gets offended by his BIRTH, then something is wrong. Grow up and cope with it. I'm White. You can call me that all you like. Why? Because it's fucking true. You could also call me not very nice.

I've never heard 'Frog' used in a racial context towards the Froggies. Merely a term of phrase some British use to term our 'neighbours' across the channel. So if they get offended by that, oh well. Don't come to Britain. Problem fucking solved. (If 100% of all French I've personally met hadn't been arrogant self-serving fuckers, I probably wouldn't have this attitude, but there we go. Shit happens.)

And the reason I've heard we call 'em Frogs, is, quite simply, because they have been known to eat Frogs legs as a delicacy. The French could call us British names to suit our dietry habits, but as I can not, and will not, understand their language, I will never know.
ProDicTeD
+2|6805

staticblue wrote:

Seth Infinite wrote:

Then it was refined to:
1. Black - African
2. White - European
3. Oriental - Far East
There's a looooot more diversification than that. I get where your comin' from though. I mean there is a lot of low population civilizations that don't fall into any of these categories. If your going by appearance and genetic differences than North and South Euros are two different races as well. Beside's It's a matter of opinion. I personally say one race. They only appear different due to a prolonged exposure to a single enviroment.

Ex: You say white's are euro but, there are many people from southern Mexico born with light skin, blue eyes, and blond hair. I have even been asked if I am mexican by mexicans. I'm a 6'4" german/irish.

Me, I'm a proud member of the Texan race myself. Anyone that either gets offend or uses racial slurs to offend are small mind in a sense. First, they are just words. If a person came up to me and called me an imbreed, redneck cracker out of anger in an attempt to hurt me I would probably laugh my ass off making the attacker even more agg'ed I'm sure.

If a person uses them to attack you it just makes that much more obvious that you are dealing with a moron that has little or no life outside of his family/community.

They only way we will ever have a chance to end racism is by changing the definition of it. To us a term in humor or jest isn't racist. More of a term connected by a observation. These words no longer hold the same meaning the did when first where used. Most people don't even know what they mean. Like "frog" for instance. That could have been the french equivalent to a bunny hopper or dophin diver for all I knew. Now it's a big debate on racism.
No it's not 1 race. In biological terms 2 different races can not have children, but an asian and american do and can have children. So i would say it's not a different race, but a different family

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard