Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6615|Greenwood, IN
Nope i'll check into it though.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6591|SE London

Hurricane wrote:

Also Brizzer, I think it would be grandly appreciated by everyone if you also included driver statuses for things like Creative sound cards (X-fi mainly), network cards (Not every single one, but just a general idea), and motherboards (eVGA doesnt seem to have anything for their new mobos, the 680i or something, which they tout as the ultimate for Vista LOL gg).
My eVGA 680i all works fine under Vista. No drivers needed installing, just detected everything straight away.
killinzero1
+14|6397

Brizzzer wrote:

You don't need to.  I did'nt need too.  But, you want to know what I think i'm going to get flamed for this but... BF2 and BF2142 runs better on Vista than it ever did on XP. 
agreed *BF2 and BF2142 runs better on Vista than it ever did on XP*
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6640|Washington, DC

Brizzer, where'd you get the gadgets for the BF2 and 2142 stats?
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6615|Greenwood, IN
http://vista.gallery.microsoft.com/vist … ?mkt=en-us  <--- Here

I'm tell you its the shit.  It gives you almost full stats.
bajabug69
+2|6543|Oz
Ive been reading abit about the DRM(digital rights managment) that vista has,can anyone tell me how vista goes with MP3,s etc.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6615|Greenwood, IN
Well I have ummm... lots of those files that I didn't acquire legally and they work.

/me looks innocent...
bajabug69
+2|6543|Oz

Brizzzer wrote:

Well I have ummm... lots of those files that I didn't acquire legally and they work.

/me looks innocent...
Sweeet;)
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6615|Greenwood, IN

Executiator wrote:

Brizzzer wrote:

Q: Will Vista support floppy disk drives?
A: Yes
What kind of dumbass question is that?
This kind of question dumbass. \|/

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Q : When can we download it?

A : Give it a day or 2.

EDIT : Oh and.. Will it support floppy disks? Cause I still have one of those.. *ashamed*
Read the thread before making any comments about it.

Last edited by Brizzzer (2007-02-05 22:59:59)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6615|Greenwood, IN
Yep but not everyone is OS informed as us.  So he asked the question and I answered it.
Hurricane
Banned

Executiator wrote:

Brizzzer wrote:

Executiator wrote:

What kind of dumbass question is that?
This kind of question dumbass. \|/

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Q : When can we download it?

A : Give it a day or 2.

EDIT : Oh and.. Will it support floppy disks? Cause I still have one of those.. *ashamed*
Read the thread before making any comments about it.
its a given that any Operating system will support a floppy drive.

Floppy drives are essential for just about any setting up you want to do. They are the key to computers and the main external drive for any info you want your computer to have.
I haven't used a floppy drive since I stopped using RAID.
bajabug69
+2|6543|Oz
Nforce Drivers are finally up on Nvidias site
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6615|Greenwood, IN
Thanks i'll take a look and post them if its good.

Edit: False alarm same drivers I have posted before in the Q&A section.

Last edited by Brizzzer (2007-02-06 15:31:55)

bajabug69
+2|6543|Oz

Brizzzer wrote:

Thanks i'll take a look and post them if its good.

Edit: False alarm same drivers I have posted before in the Q&A section.
I mean Nforce drivers as in chipset,nforce 4 etc:)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce4_am … 15.00.html

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce4_am … 15.00.html
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6615|Greenwood, IN
You really don't need chipset drivers since vista has them already.  However I would not recommend downloading those drivers until your mobo manufacturer approves of them.
bajabug69
+2|6543|Oz
Just thought people might like to know the drivers are there,as alot of people on other forums have been asking for them.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6615|Greenwood, IN

bajabug69 wrote:

Just thought people might like to know the drivers are there,as alot of people on other forums have been asking for them.
My apologies for being so hesitant.  I am downloading the new drivers and I am going to test them.  I will add it do the downloads info and put you as the provider of the link.  Thanks for the help and my apologies for being a dick.

- Brizzzer

Edit: +1 for the find also.

Last edited by Brizzzer (2007-02-06 18:07:04)

Hurricane
Banned

Hmm, I've looked around. Seems like Vista's got those intel chipset drivers already in it

Also might want to add this:

Q: When will the Creative X-Fi ExtremeAudio 64-bit drivers be released?
A: "As soon as we [Creative] can". This is supposedly because the X-Fi Audio has a different chip structure than the other X-Fi cards. Sit tight for the 64's. [source]
bajabug69
+2|6543|Oz
Heres a partition to nvidea regarding SLi support for 6/7 series gpus,go have a read and see what you think;),hope ya dont mind me putting it in here Brizzzer.

http://forums.slizone.com/index.php?showtopic=1451

Last edited by bajabug69 (2007-02-07 02:44:53)

Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6594|Finland
So I am going to get that Vista Ultimate and I have some questions about it.

1.How do I know do I buy the 32 or 64 version?
2.What if my motherboard is so good that there is no drivers to it? Ok it looks like there someone has posted nf4 drivers that I suppose will work?
3.How do I install that vista? Do I take copies from my critical files, reformat and install vista?

Last edited by Jussimies (2007-02-08 12:20:24)

CommieChipmunk
+488|6580|Portland, OR, USA
k so there's a 50 dollar rebate on the ram i got for my system (i currently have 2 gbs) and I'm getting the 64 bit ultimate edition.  In terms of preformance, I've heard vista is a memory hog... would the extra 200 bucks for another 2 GBs be worth it?
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6615|Greenwood, IN
Yep, having 4GBs of RAM would probably run Vista at the best performance for the amount of ram.
Hurricane
Banned

Jussimies wrote:

So I am going to get that Vista Ultimate and I have some questions about it.

1.How do I know do I buy the 32 or 64 version?
2.What if my motherboard is so good that there is no drivers to it? Ok it looks like there someone has posted nf4 drivers that I suppose will work?
3.How do I install that vista? Do I take copies from my critical files, reformat and install vista?
Sorry nobody answered your question; this topic was dead for a few days so I stopped checking on it.

1. Vista Ultimate comes with both the 32 and 64 versions.

2. What is your motherboard? If its on the 680i chipset, Vista comes with those drivers. If its on NF4, you should use those drivers that guy posted. I think most Intel processors use Intel chipsets, while nForce are usually for AMD. I think Vista comes with a lot of recent Intel drivers, but I would check on your motherboard manufacturer's website for any drivers.

3. You can, and should, do that. Back up (Copy) all your files that you want, then reformat. If you bought the upgrade version, I posted a guide on how to install the Upgrade version without having to have XP installed. If you bought the full version, just back up files, reformat with the Vista DVD, and follow the instructions on the screen.

Also, I reccomend burning a CD (or backing up onto a drive) with all the Vista drivers for your hardware. Sound card, motherboard (if necessary), video card, and all that.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6580|Portland, OR, USA
sorry if this has already been asked but i didnt find it... are there any problems with Creative soundblaster X-fi beta drivers?  I read somewhere they were a little weird?  any help would be appreciated
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6463|The Twilight Zone
the sound from beta drivers for vista isnt very good. u can hear the difference in quality. currently i have audigy 2 zs beta drivers for vista and the sound is terrible. i just ordered x-fi and going to report about it later.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard