MoonShadow616
Doesn't read the Whole Thread
+16|6636|Japan
Right! Sort of strange one for me, as I haven't really encountered problms instlaling a patch before.

I've recently reinstalled BF2 after uninstalling it before Christmas, I downloaded 1.41 yesterday, installed it, went to play BF2, and when the main page loads up, it says I'm running 1.1.2963-795.0 - most annoying. I've uninstalled & reinstalled BF2 around 4 times now, and it's starting to grate on me.

Anyone have any suggestions? Even if it's something really, in-your-face obvious. Something I might be forgetting to do??

Thanks in advance

MS
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6597|MANCHESTERRR
sure it was 1.41 and not 1.1?

Is it plugged in?
MoonShadow616
+16|6636|Japan
No, I definatly downloaded 1.41. I get no probelms during the installation, it completes normally or "Sucessfully".

I just don't understand it. This game infuriates me sometimes. Why couldn't they have just released the game late and have minimal problems.
MoonShadow616
+16|6636|Japan
Anyone? Please?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6724|England. Stoke
Does the game play alright? Are there servers? Cus the version number never used to actually update anyway...
MoonShadow616
+16|6636|Japan
The game runs, but the number of servers displayed with Filters ON is minimal, with them off, 98% are Red. When attempting to load a server coloured Red, I am told that I have an older version than the server. no other messages come up, just that one.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6724|England. Stoke
Where did you download the patch from? I would suggest getting a another copy of it.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6654|Montreal, Qc, Canada
you dwled the full 1.41 ? (536MB) ? if so i would say to you to try one more time to re install everything then re patch 1.41..... mbay you dwled a fuck top version of 1.41
MoonShadow616
+16|6636|Japan
Wtf, I've just reinstalled the whole lot for the 7th time, and it's now working. did nothing differently, just left the disk in the drive... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...
anyway, thanks guys. I'm off to spray some WD40 on my heli skills.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6428|Michigan, USA

Hmm, try dl/installing 1.4 Full, restart, then 1.41.... I thought I heard somewhere that 1.41 was only incremental to 1.4... the last time I did a reinstall of the game and patches this is what I did and I haven't had any problems...

Edit: oh wait, I see, you got it working... well, nevermind then!  Happy gaming!

Last edited by commandochristian (2007-02-04 11:08:11)

LoonykStephane
+34|6552|Kingston,Ontario,Canada
Here what was my story yesterday!!!
It's all fixed now...
The problem was that windows updates are not BF2 friendly...They did put out netFramwork 3.0
and the Java update 10 for v5 is messing around with your patching!!!

Go to Control panel, remove all the component from the previous paragraph...even installer 3.1 and try again with a fresh install...
If you think about it it make sense because they were not around when BF2 hit the shelves back in 05

Re-formatted yesterday with XP MCE...all windows updates are done...my VideoCard driver, SoundCard driver are the latest.

I download EALink...I get my 1.41 patch, EF and AF.

I insert my CD1 from BF2, put in my CDKey and finish BF2 install...it prompt me to restart...so I do.

Once back up and running in XP MCE, I put BF2-SF and input once again my CDKey. Then it try to update to version 1.1..............PATCH FAIL.......

I did try it again about 4-5 times...nothing!!! Always the same PATCH FAIL.....

So I'm pissed...WTF...I don't need SF...so I go into EALink and try to apply 1.41.......PATCH FAIL.
Again I don't panic...I un-install BF2 and delete all folders...and proceed to install BF2 again from scratch.
Once done and the restart part done too...I go into EALink and try to apply 1.41 again.......Patch fail!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard