[LRDG] Ed
Watch out for that claymore!
+32|6597|UK
Peter Schmeichel
1927(h)
Banks or Schmeichel
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6457|Bradford UK
Schmeichel. Banks is only really remembered for 'that' save from pele. Schmeichel has accomplished so much with Manchester United. And some of the saves are truly outstanding.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6484|Sheffield-England

LoonykStephane wrote:

sport???
Hockey...football(soccer)...handball...

got to let us know!!!
(football/soccer)
HeRbY
+13|6321

scottomus0 wrote:

Peter Schmeichel.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6761|Scotland

Do you guys never look back further than that?
I am at profesional level and I would say this guy was the best ever. Lev Yashin
You clearly do not go beyond that "famous" names - Banks, Smeichel, Kahn, Buffon.
The current best FIFA approved Keepers are ( in no particular order )
  • Buffon
  • Valdes
  • Cech
  • Van der Saar

The most "fresh" keeper and one that could shine is Valdes. Only 24 and already making a name for himself out there.
I disagree with the addition of Cech. The man has got the sturdiest defence in the Premiership, yet they still think he is the god of all keepers. He keeps clean sheets because of it, not because of his godly saves.
A man that has got to be remembered is Shay Given, the man never gives up and makes some astonishing saves and he really doesnt have a good defence yet he keeps his team in the game. This and I hate newcaslte, so bias does not come into this.

Schmeichel was good, but he was not godly. Yes, he won the treble with Man U, but so what? The man was brilliant, but just not good enough to compete with a man that won "the Order Of Lenin" and has become the ONLY goalkeeper to ever win "European Footballer of the Year Award".
ShoopDaWhoop
Banned
+53|6337
what about me?! what about me?!

Goalkeeping runs in the family, my cousin has just signed for Coventry on loan, he is a goalkeeper. I have also trained with Richard Wright, Robert Green, Tony Coton (united GK coach) and met the great dane who is the best GK I think.

Picture is me in great action.

https://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8071/mefootysq5.jpg

Last edited by ShoopDaWhoop (2007-02-04 12:06:07)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6761|Scotland

Better pic! Come on! One of you making an astounding save! Or maybe that has never happened?
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6587|MANCHESTERRR
lol scheimichels daughter goes to my school.
ShoopDaWhoop
Banned
+53|6337

Zimmer wrote:

Better pic! Come on! One of you making an astounding save! Or maybe that has never happened?
haha, I've made plenty, numerous occasions I'd have the whole opposition telling me what a great game I had (but that was only ever on thursday nights when I'd play in the under 18's team and they were shit, totally different players)

On wednesday's I played for an academy team that got to play in grounds like that ^^ on a thursday night I'd play in a semi pro under teams under 18's (the two clubs were affiliated, if you didnt play on the wednesday you'd play thursday nights but I played both)

That was 4 years ago nearly, I was only 16 in that picture, I dont play football anymore
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6761|Scotland

ShoopDaWhoop wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

haha, I've made plenty, numerous occasions I'd have the whole opposition telling me what a great game I had (but that was only ever on thursday nights when I'd play in the under 18's team and they were shit, totally different players)

On wednesday's I played for an academy team that got to play in grounds like that ^^ on a thursday night I'd play in a semi pro under teams under 18's (the two clubs were affiliated, if you didnt play on the wednesday you'd play thursday nights but I played both)

That was 4 years ago nearly, I was only 16 in that picture, I dont play football anymore
That last comment.... hurt me, it hurt me bad.
Out of interest, what were your last pair of gloves? I just got the new T90 Gunn Cut, had the new Uhlsports Lites.
You should start up again, I can't stop, it's addictive.
ShoopDaWhoop
Banned
+53|6337

Zimmer wrote:

That last comment.... hurt me, it hurt me bad.
Out of interest, what were your last pair of gloves? I just got the new T90 Gunn Cut, had the new Uhlsports Lites.
You should start up again, I can't stop, it's addictive.
I did, started again last summer after a year off, then couldnt really get to training plus we were a new team, with awesome players and destroying teams 5-10 nil every weekend, I hated going from playing on ipswich's training ground to some muddy field with fat old men so I kinda let it go.

Maybe this summer I will try and find something good.

I use adidas fingertips, I love the roll finger design and since my Cousin is sponsored by Adidas I can get them all the time.

Back in the day I once had 18 pairs of gloves and 12 pairs of boots (two pairs of custom Total 90's, tonnes of predators and a few pairs of world cups)

I used the Uhlsport ones carlo cudochini used to use for a while, they were good till it got to winter then they became useless really.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6761|Scotland

I will only use 2 pairs of gloves until they are worn to the bone, well close enough anyway.
Hopefully these Gunn Cuts will server me well.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6443
Van der Sar in his prime, and Gianluca Pagliuca in his prime.  Both badasses.   Good call on Schmeichel as well.  I remember a Swedish or Fin keeper too from back in the day.  Can't remember his name, but he was sick too.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2007-02-04 13:01:37)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6714|England. Stoke
Gordon Banks & Peter Shilton.
Stoke City goalkeepers FTW!!
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6498|N. Ireland
When I was playing tennis football with a few friends, they took a huge shot at me and I caught it in between my legs. Then one of them kicked my knees, twice. lol.
Lethal-Bizzle.uk
+3|6305|Bolton, Uk
Jussi Jasskielienen
bennisboy
+829|6651|Poundland
neville southall
*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6634|The Netherlands
Edwin van der Sar
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6637

David Seaman  Arsenal Legend GO on you Gunnnners!!!!
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6637

*=]AD[=*Pro_NL wrote:

Edwin van der Sar
LMAO He has a broken nose geeza
*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6634|The Netherlands

Zimmer wrote:

[*]Buffon
[*]Valdes
[*]Cech
[*]Van der Saar
[/list]
Van der Sar
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6637

But You know Buffon is pretty good, and hes only 29, You can only get better right?
Gfinners
+17|6308|Cornwall, England
Peter Schmiechel (spelling??)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard