SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6821|Delaware
Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre announced today that he will return for another season. For anyone who watches American Football, this is big news.

"Packers quarterback Brett Favre will be back in 2007.

"Brett Favre informed me this morning that he plans to return for a 17th NFL season," General Manager Ted Thompson said. "The Packers are excited by his decision and look forward to a successful 2007 campaign."

With Favre's return, the Packers hope to continue the success they were building at the end of 2006, when they finished the season with a four-game winning streak to reach the .500 mark at 8-8.

"I am so excited about coming back," Favre told the Biloxi Sun Herald newspaper. "We have a good nucleus of young players. We were 8-8 last year and that's encouraging.

"My offensive line looks good, the defense played good down the stretch. I'm excited about playing for a talented young football team."

Packers GM Ted Thompson this afternoon held a brief press conference to address questions from the media regarding today's announcement.

Stay tuned to Packers.com for a complete transcript, audio and video of today's press conference."

The old gunslinger is giving it another go, let's see where his improved team can take him. (or where he can take them)

http://packers.com/breaking_news/

Last edited by SysTray (2007-02-02 13:23:57)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

Inst he like, old?
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6821|Delaware

stryyker wrote:

Inst he like, old?
Well, in football years, yes. He's not even 40 yet, though.
too_money2007
+145|6308|Keller, Tx
When I watched him cry right after thier last game this season, I was sure he was done. But, never say never.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6570|United States
So basically what Favre is saying is that he's returning to give the Packers another losing season. How sad. He should have retired at the end of the 2005 season... at least then he would have retired on a great note. But having a 2007 season comparable to this past one is a really sad way to retire. He's past his prime and he knows it... so does everyone else. I think he's just wanting to end it all in a good way, but he just doesn't have the ability or the team to do that. But maybe they'll get some decent draft picks this year so who knows.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard