Poll

Do you always aim for the head?

Yes19%19% - 48
No21%21% - 54
Depends on the weapon/situation58%58% - 146
Total: 248
ryanv12
+10|6361|San Francisco, CA, USA
yeah, like everyone else it depends. When sniping, I go for the head when they're still or prone, but if they're moving I go for the body shot and then pull out the pistol if I can.

With all the other weapons, I aim for the upper body and it usually works out well. Again, unless they're prone or something which I would then go for the head, because even if you miss you are still hitting them in most cases.
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6374|England - Kent
some times go 4 the head but if i die at leadt i get a damage assit
docnutz
+39|6778|B O S T ON area
i aim for the sac

....seriously i aim for the trunk in the heat of battle and snipin i go for the hs
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6600|Melbourne, Australia.
90% of the time I do with an AK or an m16.
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=38143
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6770|Chicago.
Every kit I use, I always try to shoot the head first and foremost.

It works most of the time.

Last edited by BigmacK (2007-02-02 14:25:13)

CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6608|California U.S.A
Depends on weapon:

Rifles/Submachineguns/Carbines, aim for center mass and walk up to head with recoil.

Shotguns, center mass

Pistols, aim for head, if I know I've already shot him a few times with my rifle/submachinegun and run out of ammo I will go and just dump a round or two into the center mass instead of trying for head knowing its probably just a shot or two away for dying.

LMG, just aim for center mass, spam trigger at target until dead.

Sniper Rifles, aim for head if target is still slow moving, if they are moving fast/jumping just the body

Last edited by Seal 3 (2007-02-02 14:37:09)

[-DER-]Omega
+188|6846|Lithuania
Long range - head. Close range - Chest/neck, let the recoil take care of the rest.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6640|Gold coast, Aus.
Head. I generally have the crosshair pointed at head hight, so if someone surpises me by jumping around a corner, headshot. If there are lots of people and i don't have that extra half a second to aim for the head, than i'll spray at the body.

Although, guns with lower accuracy that don't kill in one shot headshot, i aim for the body.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6645|Quebec city, Canada
depends.. but most of the time Ill aim at the body since you have more chances to hit the guy because of the dispersion and recoil..

But far away Ill go for the head.

Last edited by -=raska=- (2007-02-02 14:49:02)

..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6668
Aim at chest and flick it up quickly towards head.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6739|California

I dont have to aim at the head, I have programs that do that for me

simmy.uk
+117|6457
Always go for the head. Unless the target is running fast and your far away.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6341|Orrstrayleea
So i know that a head shot is an easier way to kill but do shots to the leg differ in damage to the chest? in other words do some body parts inflict more damage than others or is just the head shot?
jsnipy
+3,276|6541|...

I sure try to, but I end up gazing at shoes.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6645|Quebec city, Canada
a shot to the leg inflicts more damage than a shot on the chest on armored class

Last edited by -=raska=- (2007-02-02 19:11:30)

Not
Great success!
+216|6595|Chandler, AZ
I always aim for the head.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6538|Adelaide, South Australia

I shoot at what I can hit.
jord
+2,382|6697|The North, beyond the wall.
I just aim in the enemies general direction with the mouse i've got.

I'm lucky if i can turn to get them on my screen before they've killed me,took my kit,decided they don't want it,changed back,T-bagged me and ate a small snack.
Commie Killer
+192|6406
It depends, is my ping good? If so then I aim towards the head with most weapons, I always aim for head with sniper.
Kenthar
Resident Dragon Fanatic
+21|6566
Body always, or whatever's exposed (usually feet, hands, or the head if they're looking over a wall) -- EXCEPT if it's pretty close range, they're not moving, and they don't see me.

Even with sniper rifles, I'd much rather put a bullet into someone's ribs at long range than waste all my time missing. The only sniper-headshots I go for are the shots I'm certain I won't miss.
icecold2510
+31|6313
I usually go for the chest up. If i have a shotty, then I go for the head.
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6608|California U.S.A

jord wrote:

I just aim in the enemies general direction with the mouse i've got.

I'm lucky if i can turn to get them on my screen before they've killed me,took my kit,decided they don't want it,changed back,T-bagged me and ate a small snack.
God I hate days like that,

It's like having enemies who are caffeinated chipmunks on crack, by the time they've killed you, ran over picked up your kit, riffled through your pockets, swiped your watch, t-bagged you, had their snack, decided they don't want your shitty gun cause it didn't seem to kill him before he killed you anyway, walks on your face and runs away..... This is all before I can even get half a cuss word out.
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6467|Newcastle NSW Australia
Silver that video is what got me thinking about this. All the guys you play with sem to do it and its either head shot thm back or be killed. I do try and aim for the head now on all shots but damn it's hard.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6552|Cardiff
i do when im using a snipe or pistol but annoyingly ive never gotten into the habit of doing it when im using assault rifles or smg's,  i say annoying coz after playing fps's for almost 15 years i still instincively aim for the chest
+5|6339
Yes, always for the head or sometimes not depending on the situation. I normally always use the L85A1 and it isn't a very good sprayer so when I get into some close range combat I just charge at them and spray at the head or body if they are prone. Long range I'll go for body shots if they are running and head if they are still or prone.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard