elz_17
+0|6309|Brisvegas
well

i am having some troubles loging in/ connecting to BF2... i logged in yesterday but now when i put my username and password in, it just brings up the splash screen "connecting to account server" and stays there eternally (well its only about an hour so far)

i tried restarting my machine, i tried resetting my router, the internet obviously works fine but i cant get into get my BF2 fix :'(

anyone know what the trouble might be or even better how to fix it?
KillerKane0
+53|6656|Calgary, Alberta
Same thing just happened to me.  Oh well, just wait it out.  I'm sure it'll end soon.
kajukenbo_kid
+36|6427|...
me too
CommandoRog
+10|6695|USA
Im having the same problem.
Played last night and now i cant connect.
EA is probley farting around with the account server.
xtrem3_4c3_4
+9|6558
same with me!!!
elz_17
+0|6309|Brisvegas
sweet... thanks for the response, i thought my computer was taking some time off to masturbate over the computer im building opposite my desk.. glad it seems server side +k for all if i could give karma

Last edited by elz_17 (2007-01-30 01:08:37)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6758|The United Center
I fucking hate all of you.
elz_17
+0|6309|Brisvegas

ThomasMorgan wrote:

your lucky your signitare is pretty cool or else i would like to think i'd be offended
r00ts
xD
+81|6553|Netherlands

ThomasMorgan wrote:

we hate you too
elz_17
+0|6309|Brisvegas
i found the thread that talks of regular server downtime.... so please close this thread when an admin comes across it (not like you werent going to anyway)

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=52141
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6417|NSW, Australia

thats for 2142
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6557|Doncaster, UK
Pretty sure the same server maintenance schedule applies to BF2 as well. It's an EA thing!
elz_17
+0|6309|Brisvegas
yep, it applies to bf2, that topic was just ammended cause it includes both, being 2142 the newer game with all the newbs asking questions.
JaggedPanther
+61|6485
I just got off work and doubt I can sleep for awhile. How long is the outtage?? From what time to what time?
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6498|Melbourne

Just in from EA:

Community Update - 30/01/2007

Attention Soldiers!

Due to the contract with GameSpy ending tonight we are changing the system so that no stats will be received to the statistical servers hosted by the company.  Points will tally at the end of a round but thats as far as it goes. 

Thanks for Supporting EA
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6557|Doncaster, UK
Check the link in post #10, it tells you everything you need to know.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6549|Internetfitlerland

R3v4n wrote:

Just in from EA:

Attention Soldiers!

Due to the contract with GameSpy ending tonight we are changing the system so that no stats will be received to the statistical servers hosted by the company.  Points will tally at the end of a round but thats as far as it goes. 

Thanks for Supporting EA
Unfortunately true.  Came down the grapevine to all server admins earlier on.  EA has fucked us once again.
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6764

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Unfortunately NOT true in this case?
elz_17
+0|6309|Brisvegas
so does the admin thing say when the servers will be back online again?

i need my fix
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6417|NSW, Australia

Rick_O_Shea678 wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

i would like to see a link please
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6557|Doncaster, UK

~Smokey~ wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

Just in from EA:

Attention Soldiers!

Thanks for Supporting EA
Unfortunately true.  Came down the grapevine to all server admins earlier on.  EA has fucked us once again.
Is this just for BF2? Does this now mean that all BF2 is now unranked? If so, THAT SUX. I don't play BF2 anymore but I know there are still enough people playing it to require ranking. They are still selling the game and removing the stats and ranking makes a sizeable portion of the game totally unaccessible.
R3v4n
+433|6498|Melbourne

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

Rick_O_Shea678 wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

i would like to see a link please
I received this in an Email.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
elz_17
+0|6309|Brisvegas
they fucking better not be stopping the stats... by golly my world will come crashing down around me.  im hoping what they mean is that gamespy wont report any game stats anymore.

possibly even might be no ew points will be recorded.

dunno but im watching in angst
R3v4n
+433|6498|Melbourne

I suggest you all take Screens of your Stats for memory
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6417|NSW, Australia

wheres my linky?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard