spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6612|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
This is to prevent any confusion (needless posts) that may arise on Tuesdays relating to the EA Master Server.

Between:
9am and 11am  GMT
4am and 6am   East Coast USA 
1am and 3am   West Coast USA
5pm and 7pm   Australia
EVERY Tuesday

*****     What does this mean to me: The BF2142 gamer?     *****

- Basically you can't connect to BF2142 to play online games.
- If you're on a server at the time that maintenance is scheduled then you will recieve a "Connection to EA    Master Server lost" message.
- Any stats/awards gained in a round prior to the disconnect will be lost. You'll have to go earn them again.

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-11-07 03:46:38)

Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6364|Evilsville
Luckily for me I'm always at work at the time.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6726|Hell, p.o box 666

This deserves a sticky!
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6516|Doncaster, UK
I don't know if you want to add in that for the past two tuesdays it has also announced a new patch being available but it actually refers to the 1.01 patch.

Just a thought!
spawnofthemist
Banned
lol >.< didn't know about that one..

was only trying to stop the "omg my game wont work!" threads.
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6615|Cardiff - Wales - UK
Thanks that'll save me a few tears on my day off.
spawnofthemist
Banned
lol. *tear*
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6621|United States
so does that mean that the ea will fix the ea master connection problem?
[RU]Grmbl
+9|6463|Russia
Hmmm. I guess DICE's uber-programmers have never heard about HA, 24x7, hot standby, failover and similar concepts?

Scheduled downtime TWO fucking hours every week??? Its 8 HOURS A MONTH for Pete's sake - if I get such uptime on systems I work with - they will fire me.

It's less than 99% availability - such numbers are not usually tolerated on high-volume production systems (which BF2142 servers obviously are).

So it proves that EA/DICE do not actually give a fuck about customers - given the money they're making out of this BF2142 racket they surely could use decent architecture.
ketel0ne
+3|6597

[RU]Grmbl wrote:

Hmmm. I guess DICE's uber-programmers have never heard about HA, 24x7, hot standby, failover and similar concepts?

Scheduled downtime TWO fucking hours every week??? Its 8 HOURS A MONTH for Pete's sake - if I get such uptime on systems I work with - they will fire me.

It's less than 99% availability - such numbers are not usually tolerated on high-volume production systems (which BF2142 servers obviously are).

So it proves that EA/DICE do not actually give a fuck about customers - given the money they're making out of this BF2142 racket they surely could use decent architecture.
8 hours a month is actually 98.97% which in every environment would be 99%
spawnofthemist
Banned

ketel0ne wrote:

[RU]Grmbl wrote:

8 hours a month is actually 98.97% which in every environment would be 99%
winner.
kenpoman
+0|6366
The servers are down now. Fucking EA can't even tell what fucking day it is

Last edited by kenpoman (2006-11-12 17:23:11)

{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6648|In You Endo- Stoke
Yeah just lost connection as you said,wish i saw this post before i started playing today...
']['error
Banned
+630|6614|The Netherlands
sure this isn't any of your Punk'd jokes?
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6516|Doncaster, UK
Is it offering us a "new" patch again this week or have they sorted that out this time?
JohnLeavitt
+16|6413
WTF... this sucks... it is tuesday morning and i cant play... i play in the morning b4 school... wtf.. man this pisses me off!!!!
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6516|Doncaster, UK
If it pisses you off that much perhaps when you read the EULA you should have disagreed and not installed the game.
Mr.H@x0r
+54|6481
actually its between 10 and 12 GMT
walyl135
+7|6603|(UK) SOUTH LONDON GUV'NOR
if any of you had read the Ea post about patching you would have realised that unlike Bf2 the patching team was originally  the production team . the said they are doing thing's differently i applaude them on there sensibility in this issue not like the room full of "zoo" grade monkeys they had patching the last game. the other thing that has changed is that they are not adding any new content until they achieve 100% stability which means that only new bugs will arise from patchs and all bugs will be fixed before they start nerfing stuff and adding dopey vehicle drop's and new maps. its like getting a foothold on a cliff face before reaching for the next. you would do it if it was you....................................... just my 2 cent's
touchedyouthere
+0|6344
The Master Server went down around 3:30 am this morning and as of 7:20 am they are still down, so take their projected two hours with a grain of salt.

(Edit) Eastern Time

Last edited by touchedyouthere (2006-11-14 04:21:31)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
11.22 here in aus and still no connection.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6412|Stealth City, UK
Its 12.28 in the Battlefield 2142 House, and there's still no connection to the EA Master Server!
Lost-Soul
+26|6479

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Its 12.28 in the Battlefield 2142 House, and there's still no connection to the EA Master Server!
Lexington1971
+1|6644
Wow, this downtime is really annoying. Between the Tuesday downtime, the lost stats and the crashes I may just give up on the BF series and find some other way to waste my time.

I surfed a few BF2142 sites while the servers are broken this morning, and came across a link to an EA/DICE survey http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/b … x?Lang=US, but unfortunately it was already closed. I would love to vent my spleen to them!
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6496|Singapore
still no connection now...9PM Aussie time...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard