venom6
Since day One.
+247|6550|Hungary
Okey maybe some of you already saw this video but i think its just kicking ass.
So here you see some Warthog & Thunderbolt action.The music and the bombings are just freaking amazing !
Okey end of talking..go play some Armored Fury !!
Whooooo !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR5xcRQUEns
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6550|Hungary
So nobody likes it ?
The#1Spot
+105|6531|byah
seen it plenty of times
docnutz
+39|6751|B O S T ON area
AF does not do it justice nice vid thx

Last edited by docnutz (2006-10-19 13:53:24)

Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6654|Groningen, The Netherlands
Hmm, looks like an okay bombing plane
That gatling cannon is frikkin amazing ^^
psH
Banned
+217|6375|Sydney
Yeah thats the General-Motors minigun, first pu on the huey's in vietnam i think.

And for fans of Predator, the minigun that guy had is impossible to hold, it weighs about 70 kilos, and if he fired it would hold him back, and where would he get the power? from a unseeable power cable leading for his backpack, to the on-set power generator. He also is firing blanks, real bullets would make him fall back due to enoumous recoil.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6771|Great Brown North

Doms wrote:

Yeah thats the General-Motors minigun, first pu on the huey's in vietnam i think.
i wasnt aware they put 30mm gatling guns on hueys
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6382|fåking denmark
Huh? I've seen this video before, and others like it, think it's kinda boring ..
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6624|USA
What Song is that???
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6631|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6557|England

Such a good video - which does that plane justice.

Even though im no aviator (Im crap in jets )...the BF2 version of the A10 is completly shit. It seriously should have had a second seat with either LGM's or TV's and at least have had some kind of afterburner. The cannon should also do more damage. In fact, it needs to be completely redone...and the PLA and MEC ones too.... the SU39 Frogfoot and Fantan Q5.
The AF jets are probably the worst thing that DICE ever put into this game, since they are absolutly shit in comparison to their vanilla counterparts.

Last edited by Snake (2006-11-05 10:31:11)

d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6677|Hell's prison

Doms wrote:

And for fans of Predator, the minigun that guy had is impossible to hold, it weighs about 70 kilos, and if he fired it would hold him back, and where would he get the power? from a unseeable power cable leading for his backpack, to the on-set power generator. He also is firing blanks, real bullets would make him fall back due to enoumous recoil.
Actually he did really fire the weapon in his "training".  They had to bring down the rate of fire significantly so he could properly use it.  I dont remember the specifics, but the drop from its mounted rate to its standing rate what quite large gap.
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6444

krazed wrote:

Doms wrote:

i wasnt aware they put 30mm gatling guns on hueys
That's because they didn't.  The A10s 30mm gatling gun would probably flip a Huey around in circles and send it smashing into the ground.  Besides that, its a huge gun.  Not the kind of miniguns they mount on choppers.

The General Electric GAU-8/A 30mm gatling gun was specifically designed for the A10....so it's first, and to my knowledge only appearance is in the A10 aircraft.

KiL
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6494|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
It sure is a cute deadly plane.
https://www.dementia.org/~adams/lego/a10/upright.jpg
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6450|behind my rifle

Naughty_Om wrote:

What Song is that???
its remember before i forget by slipknot

Last edited by 11sog_raider (2006-12-15 19:00:51)

Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6511|Adelaide, South Australia

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

It sure is a cute deadly plane.
http://www.dementia.org/~adams/lego/a10/upright.jpg
/win.
dislexiclawyer
+11|6435|Missouri

Doms wrote:

The mini guns used on choppers are 7.62mm mini guns. The round is significantly smaller than the A10's 30mm gun. I took some comparison shots of a 30mm A10 casing and a 2 cell maglite and a quarter for reference.

https://img377.imageshack.us/img377/3663/dsc01130vc1.jpg
https://img445.imageshack.us/img445/2691/dsc01133br7.jpg
p34cekeeper
+16|6326|Dundee, Scotland
The A-10 was always my favourite plane growing up.

Has that look, especially the ones with the jaws painted on the nose, one of the most unique looking aircraft to be produced since WWII.

/sweeping generalisation

Always thought jet fighters were like flashy motorbikes...they do the business but they all look the same...the A-10 is the Indian of the aircraft world

Oh yeah, the 30mm GE rotary cannon takes up almost half of the fuselage, and only has <10 seconds of ammunition stored onboard. There was a problem with the earlier thunderbolt models though, something to do with the engines ripping off mid-flight.

Also, there was the whole thing of the company that made em (Fairborn Sykes??) going bust and not making them any more, plus the US military decided they maybe weren't all that useful in modern combat situations, but theyve been refitted and modified with more modern equipment and by god do they kick the ass hehehe

Last edited by p34cekeeper (2006-12-31 00:59:06)

br4vo.f0xtrot
+1|6561

p34cekeeper wrote:

Also, there was the whole thing of the company that made em (Fairborn Sykes??) going bust and not making them any more, plus the US military decided they maybe weren't all that useful in modern combat situations, but theyve been refitted and modified with more modern equipment and by god do they kick the ass hehehe
Fairchild Republic, not Fairborn Skyes .

Last edited by br4vo.f0xtrot (2007-01-29 16:51:57)

MrE`158
+103|6615

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

The General Electric GAU-8/A 30mm gatling gun was specifically designed for the A10....so it's first, and to my knowledge only appearance is in the A10 aircraft.

KiL
The "Avenger" (as the GAU-8/A is named) is now also seeing use in naval weapon systems.  The "Goalkeeper" CIWS (Close In Weapon System) basically mounts one on a really fast turret, with loads of tracking and targetting equipment.  Instead of being restricted to the fairly small ammo load the A-10 carries (after all, ammo is heavy, and the A-10 needs to fly), you get a mechanism that pumps rounds up from below decks. 

It's used to protect the ship from incoming missiles and other fast targets.  It tracks incoming radar blips, then fills the area that they're going to be travelling through with enough high-velocity, heavyweight lumps of lead (or depleted uranium...) to shred it before it gets anywhere near close enough to damage the ship.
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6444
From what I understand, that's a similar concept that they are exploring with those "Metal Storm" machineguns.  The ones that can fire in excess of 1 million rounds per minute, because they stack the ammo in tubes and ignite them with sequential electrical charges.  The thought is, send enough lead into the sky, and you can blast down any jet/missile coming your way.  Makes sense I guess.

KiL
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6711|California

Nothing like a Wine-bottle sized chunk of depleted Uranium Democracy smashing into a tank.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard