namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6310
How in the hell do you guys play with the Engineer kit??

Which gun do you use?How do you rack up points?How can you stand the kit?

Argh sorry guys, i'm new, and i would like some help.

Thanks in forward.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6601|Your attic
Pump action shotgun on city IO.

Large vehicles of death for everything else.
the lost prophet
White-Fusion is god
+8|6373|land of dave
Shotguns - close range = win
Engy + armour = win
TheLostOne
+11|6523
Get in armour. 'Nuff said.
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6310
all you do is play karkand, get in armor, and play with the defualt shotgun?? hmm wat about mines and the mp7?
ownership10
+9|6743
pump action karkand and lots of AT mines
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6310
What about the MP7?

Is that gun any good? I mean, is it worth my two unlocks? (i dont have the jackhammer yet)

While im in the mood of asking questions, how does the bf2s karma system work?

Last edited by namsdrawkcaB (2007-01-28 06:54:37)

TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6379|Netherlands

Don't underestimate the power and especially the range of the shotgun. I have had shotgun kills over a range I thought would be impossible and it just feels so good to blast someones head off when you round a corner . Shotgun is a weapon you need to get used to for a bit at first though, but once you do it beats the unlocks in every way.

Good luck!

Tiger
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6310
ok thanks a lot for that
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6821|Nårvei

Engineer was the first kit i passed 100 hours with, Pump action in close combat ftw !!

MP7 sucks ass, last unlock if you ask me !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
MrE`158
+103|6634
Yeah, the Engineer should spend most of his time in a tank, prefereably with another Engineer in another tank nearby, so that you can constantly repair one another.

Having said that, Engineer is my most played kit because of the weapons.  The pump-shotguns and the MP7 are awesome in close-combat.  I don't like the semi-auto shotties as much (S12K and Jackhammer) because they don't kill in a single hit like the pumps do, and they have horrible recoil.  I like the MP7 because it has a crazy rate of fire, and a nice big magazine.  Very useful in places like Warlords palace where you often need to spray down a hallway and kill a couple of people.  Plus, it sounds cool.  Not a must-have weapon, but I'd get it before the following:  SCAR-L, F2000, MG36 and, if it were only possible, the Jackhammer (which is a pile of crap, in my opinion).

Give the pump-shotguns a go.  Run around tight infantry maps and train yourself up in reflex shooting, all you have to do is aim for the centre of the target and then click before he does, and you win.  He has to get a head-shot for insta-kills, the Engineer doesn't.  It takes a bit of practice to get used to the pump-shotguns, but once you do they are the outright best weapons for CQB.

If you're after a way of raking in lots of points as Engineer, stay in a tank.  But remember that the Engineer is one of the most team-play orientated of the kits.  Use your mines to funnel enemy vehicles in the direction you want them, and keep your teams valuable vehicles like tanks and APCs, and your commanders tools, fully operational and you'll have contributed more to your team winning than the guys who racked up loads of points by resupplying people as Support.

Last edited by MrE`158 (2007-01-28 07:00:37)

TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6635|Birmingham, UK
One gun - S12K.

Simply sublime! S12K on Mashtuur & you don't need to be in armour. It tears soldiers up like no tomorrow (the pistol is a great use with this gun).
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6310
thanks for all the help guys.

by the way, i have 4 unlocks left (two promo's) and i am missing both assault and engineer. Would it be worth me getting my next two unlocks on engineer at 20k points?
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6635|Birmingham, UK
Get the Jackhammer & the G3! Simple as that, really!
jOiNt_frAGGeR
+11|6664

namsdrawkcaB wrote:

What about the MP7?

Is that gun any good? I mean, is it worth my two unlocks? (i dont have the jackhammer yet)

While im in the mood of asking questions, how does the bf2s karma system work?
i like this weapon..but i ahvent unlocked it yet..if u own sf so have a try on it
the only that sucks is that you only get 3 clips for it -.-
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6310
the only hard thing is the armor part, i can never get to it...:@
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6854|Reykjavík, Iceland.
3 tanks, 3 Engineers.

Nuff said.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6338|Australia
USMC engineer on IO Karkand. About half and hour ago I was doing just that, and I got 137 points, with +50 kills and I ended up with a bronze star.
Pump shotguns are the best, as mentioned before, instant kill at close range. The jackhammer is pretty good as well, you just need to place your shots as the cassette only has seven slugs. The MP7 isn't too bad either, it's better at range then the shotguns and is useful in a place like Mashtuur, where it isn't all tight alleys and short streets like Karkand.
It also helps to be proficient with your pistol because, even with the MP7, it is MUCH more effective at long range.
Also handy when you're in a tank, as
1) You repair nearby tanks/cars and
2) In you take a beating, you can always pull up behind cover, jump out and repair your tank to full health (just be sure the area is clear - nothing worse then and enemy stealing your tank while it's being repaired ).
With landmines, you don't really get kills with them. I find that they are more of a deterrent then anything else. A tank confronted with a bridgeful of mines is going to turn around and find another path, which can get you enough time to finish capping a flag.
MrE`158
+103|6634

namsdrawkcaB wrote:

thanks for all the help guys.

by the way, i have 4 unlocks left (two promo's) and i am missing both assault and engineer. Would it be worth me getting my next two unlocks on engineer at 20k points?
If it wasn't for the fact that your last pair of unlocks take forever to earn, I'd say yes, get the two engineer unlocks.  But, the haul from 1st Sergeant to Sgt. Major is enormous.  If I were you I'd get the G3 and the Jackhammer, or the G3 and the F2000.  You really want to have the G3, because it's a very different weapon to the stock Assault weapons, being both accurate and powerful at the same time.  The Jackhammer, while I don't personally like it, can be fun.  If you want to add variety to your kits, get one from each.  If you just want to focus on one, get the Assault weapons;  The Engineer should spend most of his time in a vehicle anyway, so the Assault trooper will get most benefit from the unlocks, especially the G3.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6601|Reisterstown, MD

Tank + engineer kit = win
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6310
i just played two rounds, and i never not once managed to get into any armor, plus my score was like 21 at the end of trying hard witht the pump shotgun? am i doing something worng? or just need to brush up on my skills.?
I{endo
+20|6427|berlin

MrE`158 wrote:

... Give the pump-shotguns a go.  Run around tight infantry maps and train yourself up in reflex shooting, all you have to do is aim for the centre of the target and then click before he does, and you win.  He has to get a head-shot for insta-kills, the Engineer doesn't.  It takes a bit of practice to get used to the pump-shotguns, but once you do they are the outright best weapons for CQB.
i'd trust this guy. his post makes me want to play engineer.
Baked Nut
+2|6475|Brisbane, QLD, Australia
i use the MP7 uzi like gun......last engie unlock.

kicks arse so eay to kill with
l41e
+677|6659

namsdrawkcaB wrote:

i just played two rounds, and i never not once managed to get into any armor, plus my score was like 21 at the end of trying hard witht the pump shotgun? am i doing something worng? or just need to brush up on my skills.?
What map? Karkand and to a lesser extent Sharqi are good for pump-shotgunning. People getting armor before you...well, not much you can do except camp.
Daniel_Blue-Delta
+11|6313|Sweden
I love the pump action shotgun.

It's a sweet thing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard