misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6397|Indianapolis, IN
Almost 2 packs a day here, Marlboro Reds.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6703
I found out leagaly in the UK hospitals can REFUSE to treat people with lung cancer if they smoke as it is classed as "self-inflicted cancer"!

Also life insurance companies can legaly refuse to insure you if you smoke.....

I don't as it costs way too much and you smell. I like smelling nice!
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6550|EUtopia | Austria

deeznutz1245 wrote:

One pack per day. Its funny, the oldest woman in the world lives about 5 minutes from me in East Hartford Connecticut. She is 114 and when asked how she stayed so healthy she said "Smoking and drinking, I've doing it since I was twelve". ........................huh. We dont know what is going to kill us, a car wreck, a freak accident, cancer, old age or whatever. But I do know this we are all going to die so I am going to just live and not worry about whats going to kill me. Officials change their mind every decade abot what is bad and good for us.
That, of course is your choice - but: Is your little baby boy able to decide yet? Or let's say: Do you smoke when he's around? I mean, studies show that infants exposed to passive smoking run a higher risk of gettin' asthma and so on, so it's that the experts would change their opinion like their underwear...
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6569|Oxford

deeznutz1245 wrote:

One pack per day. Its funny, the oldest woman in the world lives about 5 minutes from me in East Hartford Connecticut. She is 114 and when asked how she stayed so healthy she said "Smoking and drinking, I've doing it since I was twelve". ........................huh. We dont know what is going to kill us, a car wreck, a freak accident, cancer, old age or whatever. But I do know this we are all going to die so I am going to just live and not worry about whats going to kill me. Officials change their mind every decade abot what is bad and good for us.
Lol, my Grandmother lived to 101 and the doctors said it was because she was pretty much pickled by all the sherry she drank and cigarettes she smoked throughout her life.

I smoke but hate the fact that I do. I hate it even more that I still enjoy it, making it that much more difficult to give up. My problem is compounded by the fact I enjoy the occasional joint as well, if I did give up the cigarettes I don't know if I could also give up the weed. Hey Ho! Besides, my Harley will probably kill me first!
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6494|Connecticut

Stormscythe wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

That, of course is your choice - but: Is your little baby boy able to decide yet? Or let's say: Do you smoke when he's around? I mean, studies show that infants exposed to passive smoking run a higher risk of gettin' asthma and so on, so it's that the experts would change their opinion like their underwear...
I do not smoke in my home, in my truck or anywhere near my son. I germx my hands before I touch him as well. The only place I smoke is in my garage or at work. I am a smoker but I HATE the smell of smoke, its so nasty. I dont let any smokers handle my son unless they have washed their hands and are chewing gum. My aunt and uncle smoke, thats it in my family.
Malloy must go
arson
+99|6638|New York

deeznutz1245 wrote:

You are right that accidents do happen but with regard to Emma Faust Tillman...
"Tillman's  great-nephew, former Hartford fire chief John B. Stewart, said last month that she never smoked,  never drank, did not need glasses and agreed to wear a hearing aid only reluctantly."1

1.http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1770591/posts
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6765|mansfield
ive just cut down to 100 a day , oh that reminds me i need to go to the paki shop and get some benno's
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6528|London (At Heart)

deeznutz1245 wrote:

I agree,

I don't want to live til im over 60 anyway to be fair. Smoking is just one way to do this

However, im not a regular smoker and its something like this:

Hour: 0
Day: 0
Week:10-15 (all in one day)
Year: 520 - 780

I generally social smoke at parties at which I attend one every week, I usually also only smoke to do tricks such as French inhales and rings.

Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine
JahManRed
wank
+646|6629|IRELAND

I was on 40 a day, I went out into the Nevada desert for 10 days and smoked my fuckin head off. I walked out of there a non smoker, sick. That was 4 years ago and I haven't touched one since.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646

*TS*tphai wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

Per hour: 0
Per day: 0
Per week: 0
Per month: 0
Per year: 0
Per decade: 0
Per life: 0
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

This evil hate monger does not smoke.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6830|Grapevine, TX
I quit smoking after 15 years, and a few short breaks, on January 9th, 2007. Its been over 17 days, and not a puff, a one! If I can quit, anyone one can. The way I look at is this:
I stopped smoking. Winners never quit. Every time I quit smoking, I quit stopping. So now I didn't just quit smoking, I stopped. I Win!

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2007-01-26 13:56:37)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
I have smoked hookah a few times but that's it. (like 2 1/2) times.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-01-26 13:58:59)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker

Stormscythe wrote:

Gillenator wrote:

KungfuBeer wrote:

$47.00 per carton -> 1 carton per week.

$94 per month   

$2444 per year

Oh yeah, my wife smokes too, so double that.
Ehrm! 1 carton a week is $47.00. There are 4 weeks in a month.
Shouldn't it be like $188.00 a month then?
Not that important, a year has 26 months as you can see.
$47 times 52 weeks does come out to $2,444 anyway.  I did some quick calculations and found some interesting figures.  With only a modest 5% rate of return over 5 years, we’d end up with $3,119.22 after earning $675.22 in interest.  Keep on going to 10 years and you can see how the money grows. 

According to AAM, Lehman Brothers, Bloomberg, Merrill Lynch the average rate for 2006 regular cash investments was 4.9%, Dow 19.04%, S&P 15.79%, and Nasdaq 10.39%.  Taking just the next highest average rate of 10.39% we end up with $4,422.57 after 5 years after earning $1,978.57 in interest.  At an even 10% we can double our money in 7 years.  Think what it’ll do at 19%+ if you let the money grow for 20 years or more. 

The point here isn't that people shouldn't smoke because of what it will do to their health.  If you want to smoke, go ahead, I'm not going to tell you what to do.  But take a look above and see how much earning power you're taking out of the money you earn by burning it up in smoke.  Imagine how much money the 101 year old lady would have if she hadn't smoked and invested it instead.
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6656|Cambridge, England
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6449

NONE... tried it when I go parties and when drunk tho!!!...

Last edited by rabee2789b (2007-01-26 14:35:11)

IsaacLeavitt
+24|6352
Smoking SUCKS, literally. WTF would you want to intentionally breath toxins for? i have NOT smoked. I WILL NOT smoke. its pretty simple. SMOKING IS A HEALTH HAZARD.

btw... "kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray" that is also one of my main reasons for not smoking besides the health risk
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648
Smokers are jokers.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6807|The planet Tophet
umm why is my sig not working..
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6449

*TS*tphai wrote:

umm why is my sig not working..
ur gay!
Ratzinger
+43|6393|Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Only smoke 10 a day or so, haven't got time for more cos I'm too busy SUCKING CONES for the last 20 years!

44 and still play football, and not too badly at times, if I do say so myself.

I reckon I can still manage 100m in under 13 secs.

I reckon religion would kill me quicker than ciggies will.....
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland
0 per annum.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

Per hour: 0
Per day: 0
Per week: 0
Per month: 0
Per year: 3
Per decade: 0