yes32%32% - 51
no38%38% - 62
wait until Iran does something worse28%28% - 46
Total: 159
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6645|United States - Illinois

CameronPoe wrote:

LOL. Are you going to continue completely disregarding the balance of military and economic power in the world for much longer? The west is light years ahead of them and they will never catch up so if they do actually try something we will ANNIHILATE them - regardless of civilian casualties. People have serious issues  regarding reality on this forum.
Isn't hard to make a really big dirty bomb.  You should eat your words on the whole reality thing.  I think i live in the reality and you have horse blinders on.  B/c you hate Israel.

Last edited by Colfax (2007-01-26 14:35:34)

iamangry
+59|6646|The United States of America

CameronPoe wrote:

iamangry wrote:

If I see the guy sitting across the room in class pulling parts out of his backpack to build a gun, and his worst enemy is one seat up, and I'm no friend with the gunner, and everyone else doesn't want to consider it their problem because the gunner hasn't indicated that he wants to harm them, I would totally pull out my taser and pacify him, take his gun, and bap him on the head with it.  Wouldn't any of you do the same?  Or are you all so selfish that you won't risk yourself to save another?
The analogy is poor. The 'student assembling the gun' is sitting more than 10,000 miles away from you. It's really none of the US' business. They can stop 'selling sweets' to the 'student' and make their life a bit tougher but why you would want to stick up for the 'school bully' sitting in front of the 'student assembling the gun' will always puzzle me.
Yah, and nukes can hit us here EASILY.  Our reporters have smuggled all sorts of junk into our country just to show it can be done, and the NY Times probably has a guide for it somewhere.  What you don't seem to understand about reality my Irish friend, is that the world runs off of oil.  It's not like sweets, more like water. 
And why would I want to stick up for the school bully?  Because nothing the school bully has done warrants his annihilation.  Maybe a swift kick to the butt, but not having his brains splattered all over the people next to him... just like the fallout from a nuclear detonation.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Not to mention I saw it happen on 24. It must be possible .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

iamangry wrote:

Yah, and nukes can hit us here EASILY.  Our reporters have smuggled all sorts of junk into our country just to show it can be done, and the NY Times probably has a guide for it somewhere.  What you don't seem to understand about reality my Irish friend, is that the world runs off of oil.  It's not like sweets, more like water. 
And why would I want to stick up for the school bully?  Because nothing the school bully has done warrants his annihilation.  Maybe a swift kick to the butt, but not having his brains splattered all over the people next to him... just like the fallout from a nuclear detonation.
Well there's your problem right there. Oil. Fucking typical. Why not just let them do what they want with their oil - it's THEIRS. Fucking imperialism.

The nukes can be avoided with a missile shield btw....

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-01-26 14:46:09)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
The last "premptive strike" didn't go so well so no.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

Colfax wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

LOL. Are you going to continue completely disregarding the balance of military and economic power in the world for much longer? The west is light years ahead of them and they will never catch up so if they do actually try something we will ANNIHILATE them - regardless of civilian casualties. People have serious issues  regarding reality on this forum.
Isn't hard to make a really big dirty bomb.  You should eat your words on the whole reality thing.  I think i live in the reality and you have horse blinders on.  B/c you hate Israel.
SO what - are you gonna kill everyone in the entire world and anyone who voices dissent within America because they might attack America? Iraq weren't going to attack you - you fucked that up. Iran hasn't stated a wish to nuke America - are you prepared to fuck that up too?

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-01-26 14:48:24)

iamangry
+59|6646|The United States of America

CameronPoe wrote:

iamangry wrote:

Well there's your problem right there. Oil. Fucking typical. Why not just let them do what they want with their oil - it's THEIRS. Fucking imperialism.

Fact:  The American oil companies are not allowed to deal with Iran, it is illegal.  The same was the case with Iraq before 2003.  Sanctions made by the UN did not allow anyone to buy oil from Iraq outside of the oil for food program... but I believe there has been documented proof that the nations of France, Germany, and Russia all went around sanctions.  We need oil, that's right, but we aren't imperial about it.  Hell, we REFUSE to take it from Iran.  So they can do what they want with their oil, and if they choose to sell it to us, we still won't buy it. 

The world isn't some fucking RPG, where if you have the "Nuke Shield" you are invulnerable to nukes.  No Poe, this is real life.  First off, America's missile shield isn't complete.  Second, neither the Iranians nor the North Koreans have intercontinental range missiles... yet.  Third, nukes can be delivered in many more ways than by missile.  Nukes can come in container ships, right up next to any major port city, and detonate before even being offloaded.  Nukes can come through our insecure borders.  Nukes could even be brought in by cargo plane.  It's not missiles I'm worried about, it's some crazy Hezbollah suicide trooper bringing a Nuke here and sending 100k of my people to their deaths in an instant.  It's a small world, made even smaller by modern transportation.  Think 10k miles is a lot?  BULLSHIT.  That's less than a day's travel time by plane, and only a couple weeks by boat.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
Well...will somebody just deal with them already?

I'm fine with the Iranians having nuclear power.
I'm fine with Muslims in America.

Just don't tread on me.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

iamangry wrote:

Fact:  The American oil companies are not allowed to deal with Iran, it is illegal.  The same was the case with Iraq before 2003.  Sanctions made by the UN did not allow anyone to buy oil from Iraq outside of the oil for food program... but I believe there has been documented proof that the nations of France, Germany, and Russia all went around sanctions.  We need oil, that's right, but we aren't imperial about it.  Hell, we REFUSE to take it from Iran.  So they can do what they want with their oil, and if they choose to sell it to us, we still won't buy it.
The fact of the matter is that France, Germany and Russia had one up on America with respect to Iraqi oil and they didn't like it one bit - one of the contirbutory factors towards toppling the Saddam regime. The WMD argument was a fucking smokescreen. Hans Blix, a relatively honourable man, repeatedly stated that the American allegations were unfounded. America needs oil but they don't buy from Iran you're right - but influence over oil is what global power is all about these days. If you don't control the oil you are 'weak' - hence USA freaking out over the fact that OPEC members are going to start trading oil in euros - further fucking the US economy. Read a history of Iran in the 20th century. The US practically controlled Iranian oil between WWII and the Islamic revolution, before that it was the Brits and the Russians. This is all just one big power merry-go-round. The US wants their oil back. The fact that Iran are openly threatening their allies, state terrorists Israel, is making the whole idea of action against Iran easier to sell.

iamangry wrote:

The world isn't some fucking RPG, where if you have the "Nuke Shield" you are invulnerable to nukes.  No Poe, this is real life.  First off, America's missile shield isn't complete.  Second, neither the Iranians nor the North Koreans have intercontinental range missiles... yet.  Third, nukes can be delivered in many more ways than by missile.  Nukes can come in container ships, right up next to any major port city, and detonate before even being offloaded.  Nukes can come through our insecure borders.  Nukes could even be brought in by cargo plane.  It's not missiles I'm worried about, it's some crazy Hezbollah suicide trooper bringing a Nuke here and sending 100k of my people to their deaths in an instant.  It's a small world, made even smaller by modern transportation.  Think 10k miles is a lot?  BULLSHIT.  That's less than a day's travel time by plane, and only a couple weeks by boat.
Yes - correct - the Iranians do not have ICBMs. Destroying the nation of Iran is not going to stop the types of nuclear threats you talk of: there is enough weapons grade nuclear material on ex-soviet black markets to take out the entire eastern seaboard of America. Iran aren't going to offload nuclear material to ragtag terrorists or the same fate might befall them as the US in Afghanistan (arm people who then decide they want to turn on you). You talk of plane-borne weapons: isn't your airforce supposed to able to deal with that? I thought you guys learned not to fall asleep at the radar screen after Pearl Harbour? Boat-borne weapons: the navy? The port authority? Proper domestic security? Dirty bombs are far less serious than people make out anyway - it's just a like a normal bomb (small enough blast radius) - it just has nuclear material surrounding it: the damage radius would be relatively small and easy to clean up.

All of what you mentioned can be combatted through diligence and proper domestic security, contingency planning and well trained defence forces.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-01-26 16:19:39)

CommieChipmunk
+488|6571|Portland, OR, USA
k, with all this talk about nukes and paranoia none of you are getting the point.  Why the hell would Saddam would have wanted to nuke the US?  Once you figure that out, it's not too hard to understand why Iran or North Korea would want to nuke the US.  Sure it probably has plenty of different factors but basically, you would only "nuke" a country if you absolutely hated them.  From there, you have to figure out why they hate us and fix it.  I know that is a terrible oversimplification but you can catch my drift.

How about instead of killing people to solve our problems, we grow up and discuss them like real adults.  Or even better, we stay out everyone else's business...

War is a nasty thing and should be the absolute last option... not the first.  "Iran is up to no good, kill 'em!!!"  what are we fucking cavemen?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK

iamangry wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

iamangry wrote:

Fact: American oil companies are allowed to deal with Iraq once it had been taken over.  I don't see why it cant be the same for Iran.  You're on your moral high horse when your not friends, but immediatly dismount once you have complete access.  Give me a break.  Want me to too conclude the whole Iraq fuck up in a sentence?  Oil Nazis ensuring Americas long term supply of oil.

Life isn't no RPG correct, but the the fact is your borders are porous, and no one gives a fuck.  Billion of dollars are spent on your security forces but they are incompetent.  You have spy satellites which can zoom in on a flys butt somewhere in the serengeti but you'll have a problem identify the nutjobs that are importing nukes.  You use the process of rendition to extract information form suspects but you're still clueless.  Yes its a global village, but that no excuse in the failure to secure the safety of your people.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6494|Connecticut

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

that is the dumbest idea ive heard in quite some time.
It is not an "idea" it is something to discuss. It is collective.
Malloy must go
BVC
+325|6696
I've never felt threatened by Iran, or Iraq.  Actually we seem to get on better with the rest of the ME than we do Israel...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Pubic wrote:

I've never felt threatened by Iran, or Iraq.  Actually we seem to get on better with the rest of the ME than we do Israel...
Then again they dont make murals celebrating the deaths of thousands of New Zealanders.
This is not to say Saddam was involved, but he sure seemed to enjoy poking fun at it. You would be a little cautious of someone who was celebrating the deaths of thousands of your civilians.
https://i13.tinypic.com/29f7d5i.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SgtSpoon
+6|6485

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Iran is being naughty so what should we do? Do we put the foot down now through negotiation or even force? Or do we sit back and let them build up nuclear arms while the world is preoccupied with Iraq? Discuss.
Just a thought :

Imagine (really, try) that you live in a country that is being marked as a threat by another country, that :
a - is the only country that actually killed people with nuclear weapons
b - invaded quite some countries in the last 10 years.
c - is threatening your country for questionable reasons ( WMD's anyone? ) while totally ignoring every diplomatic effort made my your country?

... and i saved the best for last : your country is being accused of producing nukes ... by the world's largest nuclear power.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6571|Portland, OR, USA

SgtSpoon wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Iran is being naughty so what should we do? Do we put the foot down now through negotiation or even force? Or do we sit back and let them build up nuclear arms while the world is preoccupied with Iraq? Discuss.
Just a thought :

Imagine (really, try) that you live in a country that is being marked as a threat by another country, that :
a - is the only country that actually killed people with nuclear weapons
b - invaded quite some countries in the last 10 years.
c - is threatening your country for questionable reasons ( WMD's anyone? ) while totally ignoring every diplomatic effort made my your country?

... and i saved the best for last : your country is being accused of producing nukes ... by the world's largest nuclear power.
hey someone gets it!  They hypocrisy is painful.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Yay, I love analogies.

Imagine standing in a room with a bunch of guns pointed at you. You see a gun on the table across the room. Do you really run for the other gun? But wait Iran only wants nuclear technology for A New Holocaust Peaceful purposes.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-01-26 18:30:03)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6793
What would be the point of invading Iran?  The USA is promoting nuclear power as a clean and safe source of power - an alternative to fossil fuels, so shouldn't they be happy that a developing nation is moving away from fuels that add to the greenhouse effect?  In recent years. Pakistan, India, Israel and North Korea have become nuclear nations so why not Iran?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

We will not invade Iran. Saudi Arabia is on the way to crush them financially. Iran is already on the verge of a proxy war with the Saudi's .

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-01-26 18:41:52)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
-=AudigyXi=-
+18|6657

paranoid101 wrote:

Invade Iran with what?

The UK forces are stretched to breaking point at the moment anyway.

Time for the UN to do something about it, including all main member states, before Israel takes action into its own hands and opens an hornets nest.
I say let them, I love israels "we dont give a fuck attitude" you screw with them, and your gonna get a shockwave. I think we could learn something from them.
Sgt.Zubie
+77|6576
Absolutely NOT! We have our hands full already with Iraq and Afghanistan. I used to support Bush especially with all the patriotic fever 911 stirred in me. Now I still support our troops 100%, bring em home and lets shore up the home front.

I fully understand those who say if we leave without securing the peace and stability of Iraq we will have created a haven for our enemies...but what do we do? stay there killing, dieing and wasting money on a cause that can't be won? There will never be an end to the extremist streaming into Iraq as long as we are there...even 100 years from now or forever.

As far as Afghanistan goes there still may be hope there...
spray_and_pray
+52|6492|Perth. Western Australia

CameronPoe wrote:

Colfax wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

How about ISOLATIONISM and CONCENTRATING ON DEFENDING ONESELF and not ATTACKING OTHERS especially advocating PRE-EMPTIVE ATTACKS. A missile shield and tight border security is ALL YOU NEED. If you want them to hurt - cut off trade links.

Remember: pre-emptively striking makes YOU the bad guy!
We'll just twiddle our thumbs while they perfect weapons grade nuclear material.  So they can shoot them at you first.  b/c we know they will test it on Israel. Then use it on Europe.  And we will twiddle our thumbs and say, "uuhh could of sworn we warned you...good luck with your fallout."  This until they try to put weapons in Venezuela or Cuba.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16823714/
Russian official gives details on seized uranium

also:

"Iranians believe that it holds, may hold a first strike capability against Israel once it has a nuclear capability," Shmuel Bar, director of studies at the Institute of Police and Strategy, said. "That Israel is a one bomb country, one bomb from the point-of-view of the receiving side. That the U.S. would not intervene against Iran under such conditions, and all of that with apocalyptic zeal may result in actual use of nuclear weapons."
- http://www.menewsline.com/stories/2007/ … _15_2.html

Oh yeah

Invade....hell no!  Tactical nukes...hell yes!  No troops on the ground just bomb them till the piss their pants and are begging for forgiveness
Sorry cam im on the same side as you but the West will not annhilate Iran. It is nothing like Iraq its building missle defence systems with the newest Russian tech SA-400's capable of shooting down cruise missles/ Stealth aircraft and delivering a 180 kilo warhead to conventional aircraft. Do not underestimate your enemy. The main US tactic is cruise missles on airbases to neutralize the airforce before they get off the ground. Some countries have wizened up and build airbases within mountains made of graphite. If the US attempted to invade Iran they would suffer much larger casualties the country wouldn't be fighting itself because of religion and would have its own army fighting the US.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6769
Iran says they don't have or want nuclear weapons and nobody believes them

Israel says they don't have or want nuclear weapons and everybody believes them
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

BN wrote:

Iran says they don't have or want nuclear weapons and nobody believes them
Yup.

BN wrote:

Israel says they don't have or want nuclear weapons and everybody believes them
Not quite. Israel says they don't have or want nuclear weapons, but can they please buy some nuclear reactors, plutonium, uranium and heavy water and everybody says yes. Then after they make their nuclear weapons the US advise them not to test them and not to tell anyone about them.

I have to say I've found this thread rather a depressing read. So many people seem to think pre-emptive invasion or worse, pre-emptive nuclear strikes against non-nuclear powers (which will luckily never happen, except possibly from Israel, since the US government are at least not as stupid as some of the complete retards who have suggested that course of action), are the way to deal with Iran. Iran has done nothing to suggest that they are making nuclear weapons as opposed to nuclear power facilities and have given the inspectors from the IAEA access to their sites and information on how far along with their research and enrichment programmes they are. They are several years away from even having the capability to make weapons. Ahmadinejad will most likely not be in power by the time they would be able to manufacture weapons anyway. What if a more moderate leader comes to power by that time?

There is no difference between Americans calling for Iran to be nuked and Iran calling for the complete destruction of Israel. Surely at least some of you can see the sheer and unadulterated hypocrisy of such a suggestion. Especially when you consider that Iran poses no threat to the US, only potentially to Israel. Add to that the fact that there is no evidence whatsoever that they are doing anything other than developing nuclear power facilities and they have cooperated with UN inspectors. The only sensible solution is to maintain an IAEA presence in Iran to monitor their nuclear capabilities and report back to the UN.

I have family in Iran and Iranian family living over here in the UK. To all of you that advocate pre-emptive nuclear strikes against Iran I say;

FUCK YOU, you stupid, arrogant, mindless, hate-mongering, paranoid, fuckwits.
jonsimon
+224|6496

iamangry wrote:

How do you suggest someone could smuggle a lead box that big into the country wihout a corrupt customs to bribe? Uranium has to be transported in LEAD. Lots of LEAD. Lead is HEAVY. Not exactly incon-fucking-spicuous.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard