Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6646|Greenwood, IN
Like the topic says I ordered a Razor yesterday and want to know your opinions on them.(People who have them of course.) 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6826153003
^^^ Ordered yesterday.

- Brizzzer
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6850|NÃ¥rvei

Just cuddled my Razor with a hammer and reconnected my MX518, best mouse there is the MX518
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6585|England
i have got a Razer diamondback and it is the best mouse i have ever had
10 out of 10 for it
happy game playing with it when u get it
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6608|NYC / Hamburg

i have a copperback. its a great mouse, but somewhat uncomfortable for long sessions. thats where i prefer my G5
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6367|Australia
I have a copperhead, best mouse ever. It's especially helpful to have those buttons on the side - I have them set to change the DPI setting. Very helpful when going from low-DPI infantry to high-DPI for the sluggish tank turrets.
Brasso
+1,549|6670

Razer.

Chaos Green Copperhead here.  Amazing mouse.  Always reliable and comfortable, love the On-the-Fly DPI setting.  My clanmate has a G5 and his kept on "dying" yesterday when I was in the gunship with him.  Fooking annoying.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Jammyc_53
+5|6598|Newcastle-England
microsoft/razor habu. quite good.
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6548|Bournemouth, South England
I have the Razor Diamondback chameleon, it is pure sex.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6646|Greenwood, IN
I noticed that most of you are for it or against it?  Anyone in the middle with its good points and bad points?
max
Vela Incident

Brizzzer wrote:

I noticed that most of you are for it or against it?  Anyone in the middle with its good points and bad points?
yeah me. while its a terrific mouse (high quality, loads of good buttons, the onboard memory, ...), it get somewhat uncomfortable after long hours. totally love the chaos green though
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6436|Indianapolis, IN
I've had two Diamondbacks for one.. they're not very durable, I had one one (didn't like the red color) well, I was going for my knife badge, had one kill left to go. Out of the blue the mouse stopped responding, and I heard the sound you get when you unplug a USB device. As I was going to knife the LAST guy in the face, he turned and mowed me down as I was standing idle 2 feet in front of him. So I took it and punched the shit out of it! I bought another (plasma blue) and have had it sense, I love it. The diamondbacks actually out perform the Copperheads. BTW I just bought a razer tarantula today, I can't wait to get it. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with Razer's, I like the way they feel and respond, I'm definitely not a logitech fan boy. Not to mention razer just has a cool design, and a nice marketing approach to them. I recommend the Razer PRO PAD mouse pad as well, don't justify the price for the pad, it's worth every penny!!

The only thing that pisses me off about gaming company's is that they know gamers are adamate about their games, people get pissed and throw things around etc. I don't see why they don't make their products a bit more durable. Oh wait, they make more money like that

Last edited by misconfiguration (2007-01-25 13:03:48)

max
Vela Incident

misconfiguration wrote:

BTW I just bought a razer tarantula today, I can't wait to get it.
when you get your tarantula can you please do a mini-review of it? i'd love to hear someone's hands-on opinion. up to now only a few review sites wrote about it
arson
+99|6677|New York
Just ordered the Razer Deathadder.. tried the Copperhead but didnt like the pointy edge that wraps around it....
-GR33NS-
+10|6540|KILLA KALI
Ohh man, I was very tempting on getting a Razer but decided to go with the G5 just a about 3 months ago. O don't regret it.
misconfiguration
GURU

max wrote:

misconfiguration wrote:

when you get your tarantula can you please do a mini-review of it? i'd love to hear someone's hands-on opinion. up to now only a few review sites wrote about it
Yes sir I sure will, I'm gonna be very critical about it, I'll make a review with pics and all I ordered it with NEXT DAY AIR so I SHOULD have it tomorrow. Keep your eyes peeled.
max
Vela Incident

misconfiguration wrote:

max wrote:

misconfiguration wrote:

Yes sir I sure will, I'm gonna be very critical about it, I'll make a review with pics and all I ordered it with NEXT DAY AIR so I SHOULD have it tomorrow. Keep your eyes peeled.
wow, thanks. i'm already looking forward to it. have some karma as a down payment
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6677|Wigan. Manchester. England.
I have two diamondbacks, red and green.

Best mouse ive ever owned.
williedyna
+7|6685
I had a Razer copperhead.  It was  uncomfortable, and could never "dial" it in.  My biggest problem with it was that fact that the laser eye burnt out after 3 months.  $80 and it only last 3 months...

Best Buy wouldn't take it back, and told me to contact the Razer company, which I did.  Their response was (basically) "that's not typical of our products"  and  "too bad". 

I would have thought that they would like me to send them the mouse, so they could figure out what went wrong.

Anyways, I now use a G5 (Logitech) it is SUPERIOR to the copperhead in every respect, and I've had it for the last 10 months trouble free.
misconfiguration
GURU

williedyna wrote:

I had a Razer copperhead.  It was  uncomfortable, and could never "dial" it in.  My biggest problem with it was that fact that the laser eye burnt out after 3 months.  $80 and it only last 3 months...

Best Buy wouldn't take it back, and told me to contact the Razer company, which I did.  Their response was (basically) "that's not typical of our products"  and  "too bad". 

I would have thought that they would like me to send them the mouse, so they could figure out what went wrong.

Anyways, I now use a G5 (Logitech) it is SUPERIOR to the copperhead in every respect, and I've had it for the last 10 months trouble free.
Your mouse will die tonight, the Razer Gods hate you.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6367|Australia
One problem I had with mine was that hair would sometimes get caught around the sticker that surrounds the laser, and it would deflect the laser and cause the mouse to spac out.
Easily fixed with a pair of tweesers, though I'm just lucky it didn't happen in-game.
Another problem I had with it was the right mouse button is extremely sensitive. In Half Life 2, I think I killed myself 3 times with the MP7 grenade launcher because I misjudged the sensitivity of the right button . I've gotten used to it now, so it's not an issue anymore.

And I'd be interested in hearing feedback from that tarantula - I'm tossing up between that and the G15.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6603|British Columbia, Canada

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

And I'd be interested in hearing feedback from that tarantula - I'm tossing up between that and the G15.
Go for the G15, I have one, best keyboard I have ever owned, I love the LCD display and the macro buttons.

The LCD is really good for playing Music while in-game if you into that and the macros are great for games like WoW that use Macros, They don't work for BF2 though.
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6527

-GR33NS- wrote:

Ohh man, I was very tempting on getting a Razer but decided to go with the G5 just a about 3 months ago.
lol me 2.
k0balt
+1|6686|Cincinnati, OH
I am running a Microsoft/Razor Habu. I believe it to be the best mouse I have ever used.

I purchased a Habu and G5 at the same time. I wanted to give them both a try. Since I have always used Logitech mice, I tried the G5 first. I liked the feel and responsiveness, but I did not like that there was only one thumb button. All my Logitechs in the past have each had two thumb buttons... I am not sure why Logitech decided to remove the second thumb button... Anyways, I then tried the Habu. I am not a real Microsoft fan, and I have never used a Razor mouse, but wanted to, so I was not sure what to expect. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. The Habu was awesome. Very configurable, very comfortable, very responsive, cool blue glow pipes, and TWO thumb buttons. So with that, I took the G5 back to the store for a refund...
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6476|UK
tbh copperheads are outdated now

its the Razer DeathAdder as it has new laster 2 technology

i however have the copperhead and it owns

would never go back to a g5 EVER.

plus i like the lights on it (anarchy red)

eye candy
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6724|West Yorkshire, U.K
Why do people rate this mouse so much it doesnt look good, someone tell me why its so special...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard