Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6845
I would still play it, as long as they gave everyone all of the unlocks.
JovesApples
+4|6605|USA
i reached a serious hang up and disinterest in BF2 once i hit 20k points... where i needed 30,000 more points to get my next unlock, and there were only 2 left... (whats that, 150% of what it took to get EVERYTHING else?) heh. so yea, i think 2142's system is a huge improvement and i really enjoy getting pins and various awards all the time, it adds to the excitement.

still, i think i am Major Gold right now and there are tons of Medals left, and all my Gold to attain but i have around 12 unlocks left... and it does seem a little off that some of the reqs are huge for the things i like in game the least... like 8000 kills in a aircraft or 100 hours in a tank. or 20 hours in anti-air... who wants to sit around in the AA for 20 hours? puh-leeze....

and yea about ranks and unlocks in FPS... i was thinking my PC would run BFV on high and thought it might be fun to see what it looks like... but then i remembered: no unlocks, no ranks, no sprint, no hubs.,, and thought what it the point?

Last edited by JovesApples (2007-01-25 17:14:56)

iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6698
I would still play BF2 without stats. 2142 still has stats and I still stopped playing it after general.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Cubanpenguin
+35|6830|Kingston, Canada
I'm the same with JovesApples. I played BF2 untill I had about 10,000 points and relized that I'm really only half way to my next unlock and that it would take me double the time I had already put in and gave up playing. 2142 is really good for casual players like me because I can actualy get a higher rank and get to play with alot of unlocks and it keeps me interested in it.
El-Gorko
+1|6865|California
If you think BF2 is bad now, think about how it was when it was first released.  I had like 20,000 points and only 3 unlocks prior to patching.  I do agree BF2142 has a better ranking system since it only took me 165 hours to hit to rank, whereas in BF2 I've got 550 hours and am only at 91k global, still way far away from the top ranks.  However, you will note that with both games, I've continued to play well beyond unlocking every item.  I like the game because it is fun, stats are nice, but they're not the reason I play.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard