CameronPoe
+2,925|6565
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6298463.stm

Ford made a loss of $12.7bn in 2006 alone!!!!! Holy fucking shit...

How has Ford - the pioneer of modern mass production techniques - gotten into such a dire situation while Japanese companies go from strength to strength? How does debt like that even get financed!?

Japan has also surged ahead with cleaner, more efficient cars too. Did Ford not see that the only country that will be buying oil-hungry emission-monsters would be USA (who don't sign up to any emissions legislation)? The rest of the world is emission-conscious and most modern nations have laws against using certain types of vehicles - will this be the death knell for Ford, who didn't really do enough forward-thinking with repsect to this issue?
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6484|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
fords uk market is doing ok, they have the top selling vehicles, and are investing billions on newer cleaner vehicles for the uk market
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6672|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6298463.stm

Ford made a loss of $12.7bn in 2006 alone!!!!! Holy fucking shit...

How has Ford - the pioneer of modern mass production techniques - gotten into such a dire situation while Japanese companies go from strength to strength? How does debt like that even get financed!?

Japan has also surged ahead with cleaner, more efficient cars too. Did Ford not see that the only country that will be buying oil-hungry emission-monsters would be USA (who don't sign up to any emissions legislation)? The rest of the world is emission-conscious and most modern nations have laws against using certain types of vehicles - will this be the death knell for Ford, who didn't really do enough forward-thinking with repsect to this issue?
The debt, like most of America's debt, is financed by the Asian Banks. Not good, but no one gives a shit.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6539|Global Command
Found On Road Dead.

America is dying. Economically. Nationally. Morally.

Now all we need is a rock to fall from space and land on Kentucky.

Or Hillary as president.

I have the razor blades ready.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565

ATG wrote:

Found On Road Dead.

Or Hillary as president.

That's a rather bleak outlook - I hardly think America is 'dying'.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

Worst loss they have seen ever.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned

CameronPoe wrote:

ATG wrote:

Found On Road Dead.

Or Hillary as president.

I'd thought you'd be happy.

It's hard not to be bleak.
Besides. I am personally beginning to feel the strain.

Illegal aliens don't worry about health care because they know the state will pay.
My step father has lung cancer and they canceled his insurance and now we are paying out of pocket for his treatments.
I have considered the carefully applied applications of low order explosives to make my point.

Fuck it. America is doomed. I know of what I speak.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565

ATG wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

ATG wrote:

Found On Road Dead.

Or Hillary as president.

Illegal aliens don't worry about health care because they know the state will pay.
My step father has lung cancer and they canceled his insurance and now we are paying out of pocket for his treatments.
I have considered the carefully applied applications of low order explosives to make my point.

You've misjudged me if you think I would take pleasure in seeing ordinary Americans punished for the crimes or mismanagement of their government/corporations. I like America.
ATG
Banned
America likes Ireland. We took in your huddled masses when your spuds went bad.

Cheers mate.
Freeway bound.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS

ATG wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

ATG wrote:

Found On Road Dead.

Or Hillary as president.

You could move to Australia, the weather's ALWAYS good (we had about six days where it actually rained last year. Not kidding.)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ATG
Banned
Thanks bro.
The only problem is, lol, my business is rain gutters!

Mayby I should move to Scotland
IsaacLeavitt
+24|6361

ATG wrote:

Found On Road Dead.

Or Hillary as president.

ya i agree with you man, america is fucked, this country is gona end up like the french revolution with mass mobs in the streets... i aint into suicide, so no razors for me, but i do have a well armed arsenal ready (double 1911 45.s, Barrett M468 with laser sights, Rem. 30-06 with 10x zoom optics, Rem. 870 combat shotgun) yea, i'm ready, bring it...

Last edited by IsaacLeavitt (2007-01-25 06:56:02)

IsaacLeavitt
+24|6361
oh but to answer the thread, i think Ford fell through because it is based in America, the foreign companies can under-sell Ford because of cheap labor, plus many other reasons...
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6591|SE London

IsaacLeavitt wrote:

oh but to answer the thread, i think Ford fell through because it is based in America, the foreign companies can under-sell Ford because of cheap labor, plus many other reasons...
A big reason is that most of their cars don't meet foreign emissions standards. Poor foreign relations probably play a part too.

Cheap labour is not an issue. Do you think car workers in Europe and Japan (the main competitors to the US car industry) get paid less than American car workers?

I said this'd happen:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=44042
tiptopT
+72|6592|Scotland's Capital

ATG wrote:

Thanks bro.
The only problem is, lol, my business is rain gutters!

Mayby I should move to Scotland
You'd make a ruddy fortune! In 2 generations time i predict the Scots will have gills
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6746|Salt Lake City

IsaacLeavitt wrote:

Actually, almost every Japanese car sold in the US is also manufactured here.
Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6685|Belgium

ATG wrote:

Whatever happened to the 'american spirit'?  Give me a green card! I'll take care of it!

Anyway, reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons where Homer has to design a car and puts his brother out of business.

BTW, i drive a Jaguar, made by 'Ford'.
Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6685|Belgium

ATG wrote:

Sorry to hear about that. Private insurance is only good when you're healthy and pay the bills, but this seems to be some sort of breach of contract. Did you had it looked at by a lawyer?
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6398|USA, MICHIGAN
fucked over rebuilt dodge (ford),  i think gm is gonna turn around, and ford will follow in a year or 2
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6786|Kansas, USA

IsaacLeavitt wrote:

Unions
URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin
+76|6629|inside the recesses of your...

ATG wrote:

Found On Road Dead.

Or Hillary as president.

QFT
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6552|Texas - Bigger than France
Ford has been on a death spiral for 10 years.  The company never adapted to the market.

Lexus = Luxury
BMW = Performance
Volvo = Safety

What word best represents Ford?  It's called crappy management.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6591|SE London

Pug wrote:

Ford has been on a death spiral for 10 years.  The company never adapted to the market.

Lexus = Luxury
BMW = Performance
Volvo = Safety

What word best represents Ford?  It's called crappy management.
Good point.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6578|Mountains of NC

well ford cars have lagged behind but they are picking back up but the ford has dominated the truck market especially with 3/4 tons and up for years    proud owner of a F150
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6552|Texas - Bigger than France

SEREMAKER wrote:

well ford cars have lagged behind but they are picking back up but the ford has dominated the truck market especially with 3/4 tons and up for years    proud owner of a F150
Oh, don't get me wrong - Ford's not going bye bye.  They'll just close or sell off the parts of the business which aren't it's core.  I'm surprised it's taken them so long to be forced to refocus themselves.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard