genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6670|Middle of nowhere
So, i'm 17, kind of a new driver, but i've been behind the wheel for a little more than a year now, and i just have one question.  I know that you can't turn left on red lights, but what if the street your turning onto is a one way street? Is it still illegal?

If it is, that's retarded, anyway that's my question, anyone know?
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6445|Ontario, Canada
no, i dont think its illegal, it probably follows same rules for turning right on red (for us canadians)
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6637
yeah its illegal if it says do not enter, and if you see a car coming down toward you dont turn left on the one way street
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6752|San Antonio, Texas
If you come to a   T   and the street is one way going to your left, it is legal to make a left on a red light.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6671|In You Endo- Stoke

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

If you come to a   T   and the street is one way going to your left, it is legal to make a left on a red light.
Its just baffles me all you need is a few roundabout and you would be sorted.

Only thing that is good in america is everything is a grid reference.
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6760|Tenn

genius_man16 wrote:

So, i'm 17, kind of a new driver, but i've been behind the wheel for a little more than a year now, and i just have one question.  I know that you can't turn left on red lights, but what if the street your turning onto is a one way street? Is it still illegal?

if your already on a One-way street, then the same rule applies as to turning right(except you cant go right cuz its one-way, duh). if you have to cross ANY lanes of traffic it is illegal to turn on red.
seb--morin
Im high
+152|6632|Montréal, Québec
Don't drink and drive kid and you will be able to manage the situation.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6767|Nova Scotia, Canada

If you're in the left lane of a one-way street, turning left onto another one way street is legal.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6562|Portland, OR, USA

0seb--morin0 wrote:

Don't drink and drive kid and you will be able to manage the situation.
why does your sig flash?

I don't think that it's illegal though.

Last edited by CommieChipmunk (2007-01-24 18:55:53)

imortal
+240|6657|Austin, TX

genius_man16 wrote:

It depends on the state law.  Here in texas, it is legal to go 'curb to curb' on a red light.  So, if you are one a one way street, in the left most lane, you can turn left onto another one way road, but only into the leftmost lane. 

The laws in your state may vary.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6522|Boston, MA
You can try just being patient.

Hell, I'm 18 and I'm actually going for my driver's license tomorrow. I don't go fast at all, simply because I'm patient. I never got into any problems at all since I take my time. There's nothing wrong with going slow and taking your time. Instead of risking a ticket, you could just wait for the light to turn green...

edit - Also where the hell do you live that you have an intersection with lights that has a one way street involved? That doesn't make any sense to me, especially if it's a T intersection.

Last edited by FrankieSpankie3388 (2007-01-24 18:58:01)

Robbie77
hammer time!
+26|6323|Toronto Canada
mhhmm never went through this in drving school
Kenthar
Resident Dragon Fanatic
+21|6539

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

edit - Also where the hell do you live that you have an intersection with lights that has a one way street involved? That doesn't make any sense to me, especially if it's a T intersection.
Yeah, a T intersection onto a one-way street would normally have a stop sign. That makes the "red light" equation moot.
Smitty5613
+46|6519|Middle of nowhere, California
buy a shitty car, and find out for yourself
Sneaky.Russian
Random Hero
+119|6314|Australia QLD
if you drive into a wall, you will hit it.
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6732|Norcal, usa
oh really? ...
Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK
A red light is a red light; unless there are filter lights on it, you can't do anything at it.
Sneaky.Russian
Random Hero
+119|6314|Australia QLD

jermyang wrote:

oh really? ...
yea, really.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6670|Middle of nowhere

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

it's in our downtown:

|    ^      |
                                                                           |     |      |
                                                                           |     |      |
                                                            ------------               ---------------

<-------

------------               ---------------
                                                                          |              |
                                                                          |              |
                                                                          |              |

hurray for shitty diagrams!

but thanks for the help guys!!!  If i get pulled over, i'm gonna just tell him that people on the internet told me it was ok!!

Edit:

Sneaky.Russian wrote:

jermyang wrote:

oh really? ...
yea, really.
https://www.philostudios.com/insult/srsly.jpg

Last edited by genius_man16 (2007-01-24 21:11:50)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard