Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker
The controversy exploded last week when a soldier, identifying himself as Sgt. Jason Hess of the Army's 1st Cavalry Division, sent an e-mail to discount-mats.com asking if it ships to military addresses.

Someone on the other end answered no, but went on to add that "even if we did, we would NEVER ship to Iraq. If you were sensible, you and your troops would pull out of Iraq."

"I think it's disgraceful," said Sgt. Maj. Dennis Webster, executive director of the First Cavalry Association in Copperas Cove, Texas, who learned of the e-mail exchange from a reporter.

"He's certainly entitled to his opinion. That's what soldiers defend," Webster said. "But there's a matter of respect. A young soldier isn't making those decisions. He's following orders."
--------------
The company website had to be taken down because of the thousands of emails protesting the response to the soldier.  Supposedly the employee has now been fired.  Bye bye.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
what a prick.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6395|Canuckistan
wow.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6731|San Antonio, Texas
Good, the employee got what he deserved. I swear, people do not have any respect these days...

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2007-01-23 20:58:08)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6572|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command
Ya, at least boss guy fired said prick.
He should send some free product to Iraq
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6610
I live in Copperas Cove, Texas.. wow.. that's freaky, and yea fuck that employee, i'de shoot his ass
siciliano732
+202|6620|New York
they should send that asshole to iraq.....straighten that piece of shit right up.  Hope he is the next captured and beheaded/tortured.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6610
I don't think that's fair for them to even say that. If it weren't for our soldiers they wouldn't have the freedom they have. People don't even think about what our men go through over there, most of them have to go through counseling when they get back because of all the crap they saw. It's not even their fault they have to go there, it's stupid ole bushes fault, he's the stupidest president ever, I wish he would die. People say soldiers signed up for it, but the military is full of surprises so you may not want to go to war, but when a war starts you have no choice to go fight. All I gotta say, is get the fuck out if you don't support our soldiers.
Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6517|Canada
So "He's certainly entitled to his opinion. That's what soldiers defend..." but if somebody doesn't like his opinion the "i'de shoot his ass".  Or are the soldiers/US actually fighting to maintain control over opinion at home and abroad?

If somebody wants to express their opinion, isn't that a basic "freedom" in the US.  Of course all of those who would like to "shoot his ass" or think he's a prick are equally entitled to their opinions as well. 

But is saying "you and your troops would pull out of Iraq." disrespectful?  Or is it actually showing a little compassion towards the troops.  Anyone who disagrees with the war is labeled as unpatriotic.  But is it really unpatriotic to speak against a war started through lies and propaganda and want to see that all the troops come home alive and not die needlessly?

Go ahead and start your flaming...support Bush and his war on his own people.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6610
your from canada..
Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6517|Canada

thareaper254 wrote:

your from canada..
I'm sorry, non-US citizens aren't allowed to make or voice opinions?

Or is it because our military forces have been the only country to successfully invade the US and burn down the Whitehouse?  I can understand how that could be a sore point.

/edit

Actually it's "you're" short for you are.  Not your, that would indicate possessive and doesn't really make much sense.  But after listening to your President talk enough, I can understand that your grip on the english language may be tentative at best.

Last edited by Point&Shoot (2007-01-23 21:47:18)

Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6663|Calgary

Point&Shoot wrote:

thareaper254 wrote:

your from canada..

Or is it because our military forces have been the only country to successfully invade the US and burn down the Whitehouse?  I can understand how that could be a sore point.
Don't be a noob.  Show some respect to our American neighbors.
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6557|Sweden
What a piece crap!
In my country we have freedom of speech and don't get fired for stating a opinion even if it's wrong or not. Maybe the employee was wrong saying those things but he shouldn't have bee fired for it. A warning would have been enough.
Don't you have any legal rights for the worker in the USA????
Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6517|Canada

Superslim wrote:

Point&Shoot wrote:

thareaper254 wrote:

your from canada..

How much more respect can I show to support them in their troops NOT coming home in body bags, in a war where they invaded a foreign country and are now occupying it under completely false pretenses. 

Should I stand up and cheer when ever I hear about more US casualties in Iraq and say "Job well done Mr. Bush, that shows those Iraqis"

Support the war or the men who are sent to die to further some obscure idea/delusion?
br4vo.f0xtrot
+1|6541

Point&Shoot wrote:

thareaper254 wrote:

your from canada..

/edit

Actually it's "you're" short for you are.  Not your, that would indicate possessive and doesn't really make much sense.  But after listening to your President talk enough, I can understand that your grip on the english language may be tentative at best.
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, eh?
arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6651|Colorado Springs, CO

Point&Shoot wrote:

thareaper254 wrote:

your from canada..

/edit

I'm curious, when did the Canadian military invade the US and sucessfully burn down the White House?
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6663|Calgary

klassekock wrote:

What a piece crap!
In my country we have freedom of speech and don't get fired for stating a opinion even if it's wrong or not. Maybe the employee was wrong saying those things but he shouldn't have bee fired for it. A warning would have been enough.
Don't you have any legal rights for the worker in the USA????
He should have been fired, he dissrepected a client, that is cause for termination. The employee had NO right to state his personal opinion during the course of employment.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6316|Cali

Adams_BJ wrote:

what a prick.
YunDog
+6|6521
so I take yall be signing up for jobs as delivery boys in Bagdad???

admittedly he has no business saying the guy should brings his troops home

but if some guy asked if he could buy a carpet or brand new car and me get it delivered to Iraq - the cost of paying someone to deliver it would be more than the cost of the item, if they lived long enough to actually deliver it. Wake up!!! Military fanboyz
Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6517|Canada

arabeater wrote:

Point&Shoot wrote:

thareaper254 wrote:

your from canada..

/edit

I'm curious, when did the Canadian military invade the US and sucessfully burn down the White House?
1812, of course it may be glossed over in US history books, just like how they didn't "loose" in Vietnam and that the second nuclear bomb on Japan was a necessity to get them to surrender, not to further test the effects of their new toy.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6610
we got more nukes than you do...
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6663|Calgary

Point&Shoot wrote:

Superslim wrote:

Point&Shoot wrote:

How much more respect can I show to support them in their troops NOT coming home in body bags, in a war where they invaded a foreign country and are now occupying it under completely false pretenses. 

Should I stand up and cheer when ever I hear about more US casualties in Iraq and say "Job well done Mr. Bush, that shows those Iraqis"

Support the war or the men who are sent to die to further some obscure idea/delusion?
You ALWAYS support the troops.
br4vo.f0xtrot
+1|6541

thareaper254 wrote:

we got more nukes than you do...
YEAH! eat that point&shoot.
arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6651|Colorado Springs, CO

YunDog wrote:

so I take yall be signing up for jobs as delivery boys in Bagdad???

admittedly he has no business saying the guy should brings his troops home

but if some guy asked if he could buy a carpet or brand new car and me get it delivered to Iraq - the cost of paying someone to deliver it would be more than the cost of the item, if they lived long enough to actually deliver it. Wake up!!! Military fanboyz
Car, yes but a standard package isnt really that much to ship to Iraq. I had alot of care packages sent to me during my many trips there and it didnt cost that  much money.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard