ScarletPimpFromHell
... this one goes to 11.
+12|6390|Sydney, Australia
I'm a little bored at work atm so I decided to read for lunch. Thought it might be interesting to see what people are reading atm ...

As for myself, I'm on a bit of a biography kick at the moment. I'm currently reading "The Knife Man" and I've got to say this book has me by the balls. I've had trouble closing it and getting back to work for days now. So I thought I might share the back cover page synopsis with you ...

"Revered and feared in equal measure, John Hunter was the most famous surgeon of eighteen-century London. Rich or poor, aristocrat or human freak, suffering Georgians knew that Hunter's skills might well save their lives; if he failed, their corpses could end up on his dissecting table, their bones and organs destined for display in his remarkable museum. Maverick medical pioneer, adored teacher, brilliant naturalist, Hunter was a central figure in the Enlightenment. Acclaimed today as the father of modern surgery, he also advanced biological understanding and even anticipated the evolutionary theories of Darwin. He proved inspiration both for Dr. Jekyll and Dr. Dolittle. But the extremes to which he went to pursue his scientific mission raised question marks then as now"

So what are you reading at the moment ?
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6822|Delaware
The Communist Manifesto
Kneegra
Don't rock no blings but my baseball cap
+21|6429|IN
anything with pictures
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6460|behind my rifle
war of the rats, and a book about carlos hathcock, called marine sniper. very intersting
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6646|Canada
By Tank Into Normandy - good book about British Tank commander during the battle of Normandy.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

SysTray wrote:

The Communist Manifesto
like the fantasy genre eh?

im reading "While America Sleeps"  outstanding book.  I just finished reading the "48 laws of POWER"

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-01-23 19:08:47)

Archer
rapes face
+161|6425|Canuckistan
McDonalds Employee handbook: Your official guide to being burger-tistic!
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6752|the middle of nowhere
"Signal to Noise" by Eric S. Nylund.
Kneegra
Don't rock no blings but my baseball cap
+21|6429|IN

Archer wrote:

McDonalds Employee handbook: Your official guide to being burger-tistic!
thats a damn good book, i read that one about 6 years ago
wileyford
+5|6709
Well I just finished Hamlet for the second time, now I'm reading Taming Of The Shrew for the first time.
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6822|Delaware

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

SysTray wrote:

The Communist Manifesto
like the fantasy genre eh?

im reading "While America Sleeps"  outstanding book.  I just finished reading the "48 laws of POWER"
If I liked the fantasy genre I'd obviously be reading the script to the State of the Union.
unholypoo
unholy what?
+10|6382
Oh jeez, I have a list of books I'm reading right now, Flat-land by Edwin A. Abbot, Next by Micheal Chrighton, For whom the bell tolls by Hemingway, Soul music by Terry Pratchett, to name a few.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
cant argue with you there.  but the communist is still a good laugh...
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6763|Oregon, USA
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx.

The whole halo series may seem really nerdy, but man they are good stories. And they really explain alot about the halo universe.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6761|San Antonio, Texas
Karma sutra.
wileyford
+5|6709
Terry Pratchett, is he the one who wrote the Night Watch series I belive of Disc World, if so great author unholypoo.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6718|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
"Sea of Thunder" by Evan Thomas.  Good book about the pacific naval campaign of WWII.  The editor should be shot though with the number of typos he missed.
Eugefunk84
+48|6535
The Elegant Universe

its abotu string theory
chittydog
less busy
+586|6836|Kubra, Damn it!

"Dead Sleep"
by Greg Iles << That guy rocks!
Executiator
+69|6422
False Gods. Part of the Horus Heresy.
seraphite86
+1|6474|Florida
My Tank is Fight! Deranged Inventions of World War II
jimbo21
+11|6653
The Silmarillion (Tolkien)
i'm having a rough time with it too!!! hard book to read
Home
Section.80
+447|6849|Seattle, Washington, USA

Fiasco: The American Military Adventure in Iraq, by Thomas E. Ricks.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6569|Mountains of NC

77th|Christensen wrote:

The whole halo series may seem really nerdy, but man they are good stories. And they really explain alot about the halo universe.
ditto also "The Hostage" by W.B. Griffon and for the 5 th time "Rainbow Six" Tom Clancy
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6718|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

SEREMAKER wrote:

77th|Christensen wrote:

ditto also "The Hostage" by W.B. Griffon and for the 5 th time "Rainbow Six" Tom Clancy
Rainbow Six is an excellent read.  Rather long but worth every page.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard